Questions... Questions...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
i have a few ICE questions...

1. What is the meaning of SPL? I saw this on the magnet of a pair of 6' BMBoschMann Speakers...

2. My car interior light gets dim everytime i hear bassy tunes... when 'buum' sounds... the light got dim... even though it is not very loud... what is the problem and how to correct it?

3. Still about the light... if i install a 4+1 power-amp plus a sub, will this worsen the light condition?

4. I heard tht if a person is upgrading his ICE, then he should change a performance spark plug and cable... is this true?

thanks in advance...

QuickShift

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Petaling Jaya
SPL - Sound Pressure Level; which is not of concern unless you're setting up to take part in a 'DB Drag' competition; SPL on a 6" speaker in total marketing bullshit.

Light dimming during 'bass-heading' is either your battery, alternator or your supply grounding problem. Your installer could be cutting corners by using a single '8G' to supply more than 1 amp.

I LOVE THAT 4TH QUESTION.................DUNNO WHERE YOU HEARD THAT FROM.

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, check your power system-charging, battery, grounding etc.
The answer to your question 4 makes no sense at all.
In fact I heard of performance spark cables will induce noise into the system.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
hehehe... made a fool of myself with the 4th question... but thanks for the info there...

so if i change the alternator from 75A a bigger one... say 125 A.. will that solve the problem? coz the batt is ok so as the grounding... have tht checked jus a month ago...

Quickshift... what do you mean by "Your installer could be cutting corners by using a single '8G' to supply more than 1 amp." can explain more???

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
For a normal SQ system, 75A altenator should be OK.
I think what Quickshift meant is your installer might be using a 8 gauge power cable from the battery and then split again near the amps to power both.
By right you should be using 4 gauge power cable all the way to the amps, or at least from a single 4G wire split into 2 8G wire for the amps.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
i think you all got my 3rd question wrongly... what i mean is does instaling a new amp helps to solve the light dimming problem?? or it will worsen it? i havent got the amp installed but it is with me... dun dare to install it bcoz scare might spoilt if insufficient power supply to it...

sorry for the unclear question...

QuickShift

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Always remember that more amps doesn't mean better sound if the setup is not done properly. Blinking lights and amps are separate cases here. Spare a thought first for your charging system and 'grounds' if it's an older car you're trying to 'ICE'. My opinion here is for listening pleasure so-so SQ, R&B, Canto-Pop & mild-techno; 1 good quality 4 pre-out head unit, 1 5-channel class A/B amp 50W to 60W X 4 & 80W to 100W X 1, 6.5" bass-mid rated 100W & tweeters up front and 1 pair of 2-way 5" or 6" at the rear will give you endless listening pleasure. Forgot about 12" single enclosure and the 4G power supply cable.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
another questions here... hope you guys can help me... my HU has one RCA output... so can i connect it to two amps? if can... what do i need???

Last edited:

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
craziechild said:
another questions here... hope you guys can help me... my HU has one RCA output... so can i connect it to two amps? if can... what do i need??? my HU is Addzest ADX8155...
Yes you can.
Beetle's suggestion is the cheapest (I think). If you want, you can go with equalizer or electronic crossover.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
Beetle said:
Yes can, you need 2 pairs of Y-RCA connector to separate each signal
I have them for RM10 each if you want. PM me
TQ
yo bro.. thanks for answering my question... but why two pairs of the Y-RCA? i think one is enuff liao eh??? btw... how does it look like? can post picture?

little_n

Jan 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
pisces23 said:
For a normal SQ system, 75A altenator should be OK.
I think what Quickshift meant is your installer might be using a 8 gauge power cable from the battery and then split again near the amps to power both.
By right you should be using 4 gauge power cable all the way to the amps, or at least from a single 4G wire split into 2 8G wire for the amps.
i just borrow this thread for a while since you guys were talking about power cable
i notice from my batters there is a single guage 8 ( i think, what is the diameter of a guage 8 cable?) so maybe my installed could be using it to power 2 amps.

what are the long term effect of this method to power 2 amps?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys

with the election coming soon and alot of new cars coming to our market this year, do you think it is a good time to buy new car now ?

not about expensive conti cars but models like proton or jap made.

i was browsing thru mudah and saw proton giving huge discounts for 2012 car. quite tempting to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience