Vtec questions...nubie here...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gothculture

Known Member
hey guys...hv got a question...
i drive a kia rio 1.3 n wuz wondering if it is possible to intall vtec or need to do engine swap?wat's d cost involved?or rather possible to add vvti?or better straight swap(last on my mind cuz no$$$)?due to my economic restraints...what to do after i port n polish?vtec?vvti?=/
m a nub in car mods...still learning...haha...

hey guys...hv got a question...
i drive a kia rio 1.3 n wuz wondering if it is possible to intall vtec or need to do engine swap?wat's d cost involved?or rather possible to add vvti?or better straight swap(last on my mind cuz no$$$)?due to my economic restraints...what to do after i port n polish?vtec?vvti?=/
m a nub in car mods...still learning...haha...

u cant install vtec or vvti , vvti and vtec comes with the engine itself
to do vtec u must swap a vtec engine from honda , vvti would be toyota , kia ? errr nothing much u can swap i guess

vtec/vvti isnt something you can just buy and install to current engine... so in answer to your question, yes you have to do engine transplant

hmmk...looks like jus gotta leave it n/a...need to consider changing car soon....hahaha...

malaysia boleh....watever engine u wana transplant to ur car oso can...just tht is either legal or illegal....vtec obviously infamous for it reliability...vtec bro..

got $$$$$$$.. anything possible..

can make my 4g13 has proper vtec system in the cylinder head while maintaining carburetor engine??...

dont waste your money...change to japanese car

haha....eh bt i've tried drag wif waja 1.6 n wira 1.5 manual stock n my car pick up more powerful man!datz d only thing i like abt my car...other than tht damn limited mods....my frenz also tell me not to waste money on my car!hahaha....haih....i think i wait till end year when i move to d states to buy car....not worth spending money here in malaysia to buy car as all d subsidy masuk proton pocket to keep them afloat...

malaysia boleh....watever engine u wana transplant to ur car oso can...just tht is either legal or illegal....vtec obviously infamous for it reliability...vtec bro..

haha....i can imagine i do engine swap for my car wif d rx8 1.3....sure damn owning man!!haha...outside all stock no rims nothing but carry rx8 engine!wahhaha...summore roadtax pay only rm70....wah!hahahahahha.....farnie shit....if la i only had tht money to play wif....=P

my car has none...1.3 sohc?!?!?!...haih so sad....hahaha...

i think u got the concept wrong. n/a are naturally aspirated engines, meaning it doesnt use force induction such as a supercharger or a turbocharger. vtec and vvti are considered n/a engines.. even your 1.3 sohc is an n/a engine. :proud:

can make my 4g13 has proper vtec system in the cylinder head while maintaining carburetor engine??...

No you can't. I think you mean swap the head? No still can't. Even if you could you need a ECU to tell the engine when the VTEC shluld be engaged. Also VTEC cannot be used with carburetor system. It needs EFI system to work. In fact the engine is all sensor based. VTEC is like having a normal cam and high (race) cam in the same engine. And its ability to switch between this 2 is managed by the ECU.

Please look into the many VTEC engine cut outs available in the internet to understand. Also look at BMW VANOS, Toyota VVT & VVT-iL. Search with words like cam phasing.

i think u got the concept wrong. n/a are naturally aspirated engines, meaning it doesnt use force induction such as a supercharger or a turbocharger. vtec and vvti are considered n/a engines.. even your 1.3 sohc is an n/a engine. :proud:

uhm i was actually reffering to d fact tht my n/a doesnt have vtec nor vvti technology...:itsme: but talking about that...when was vvti introduced into our market?cuz i bought d car in mid 2004 n it does not come with any 'sophisticated' tech...haha...=/

at miri sarawak here there is one myvi convert to B16A vtec I'm yet waiting for the pic and later post it here hehehe :D for kia rio I think it can be done?depend on your mech :P

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom