some radiostar questions...

Jun 22, 2006
okay first i am looking at 2 different models. the king eagle and the king lion... what besides the remotes are the differences between these?? are they the same except the remotes? i will be installing this system (i am a master mecp certified installer btw) so it will be done properly.

and about the range?? this will be replacing a ultra start system which worked very well when first installed, now the range is horrible. we sent it in to them and it was good again and now is going bad again.. so i am fed up with them. its getting replaced. on my other car i use compustar. the 2wss-as system with 900mhx spread spectrum and the range is amazing!!! i get near 3/4mile or longer out of it. but it is expensive system to put in this other car. we have a new baby and live in florida use where it is very hot. my wife wants to be able to start the car when we are in the store before we leave so it is cool when we get out to the car. at first the ultra start worked very well in like the local wal-mart. now we get no range. i know they say 3000 feet but..... thats from the car to the remote correct? what is the realistic range (i mean the most that can be obtained in a real world enviornment) from the remote to the car?? we need at least 1500 ft or more. are these capable of this?? i can just put in another compustar but like i said so expensive for this car (saturn). my other consideration is a black widow system. they also advertise 3000ft but they do not use fm. they use am and am, i dont know how they can say 3000ft of range using am based technology, i would not think it would get that kind of range.

i hope you can help me with the radiostar questions. thank you in advance.

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
zfactor said:
okay first i am looking at 2 different models. the king eagle and the king lion... what besides the remotes are the differences between these?? are they the same except the remotes? i will be installing this system (i am a master mecp certified installer btw) so it will be done properly.

and about the range?? this will be replacing a ultra start system which worked very well when first installed, now the range is horrible. we sent it in to them and it was good again and now is going bad again.. so i am fed up with them. its getting replaced. on my other car i use compustar. the 2wss-as system with 900mhx spread spectrum and the range is amazing!!! i get near 3/4mile or longer out of it. but it is expensive system to put in this other car. we have a new baby and live in florida use where it is very hot. my wife wants to be able to start the car when we are in the store before we leave so it is cool when we get out to the car. at first the ultra start worked very well in like the local wal-mart. now we get no range. i know they say 3000 feet but..... thats from the car to the remote correct? what is the realistic range (i mean the most that can be obtained in a real world enviornment) from the remote to the car?? we need at least 1500 ft or more. are these capable of this?? i can just put in another compustar but like i said so expensive for this car (saturn). my other consideration is a black widow system. they also advertise 3000ft but they do not use fm. they use am and am, i dont know how they can say 3000ft of range using am based technology, i would not think it would get that kind of range.

i hope you can help me with the radiostar questions. thank you in advance.
Hi there, LAMBENT ADESYS is the sole distributor for Radiostar in Malaysia and ard SEA only. We do not support other countries I'm afraid. You will need to contact the place where you bought your unit for support.

However will try and help out a little. The problem with your remote could be due to your antenna unit being faulty. The 2 way also works best in a straight line (line of sight) so if you have buildings or objects in between you an dyour car it will not go through or it will be very difficult.

About the other brand you mentioned, sorry haven;t heard about it so we can;t comment. Its not available here.

Also we do not sell Lion here only Leopard, Dragon, Eagle and Tiger.

Cheers

LAMBENT ADESYS

zfactor

Jun 22, 2006
the problem i have is not with the radiostar.. its with a different brand, guess that should have been more clear.... what my question is regards the "real" range of the radiostar... i see its using fsk modulation and uses a carrier frequency of 433... same as most others. i use a system by compustar (magicar or youngshin) in my own car and they advertise it as being 900 mhz?? but when i did further research it is listed as 433 and using fsk... but the range is awsome with it.

i see the 3000ft range but is this realistic?? i mean in a straight line of sight could one really get 3000ft of range?? and i mean transmitting to the car from the remote to start it say. i have contacted the manufacture of these systems about getting them here in the usa but i will only if their range claims hold up to be true. what can you tell me about this? how far is the range really in ft? not "well it works from 10th floor" that doesnt tell me anything. since the building there are different than here. please help with this question. thank you

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi....sorry I don;t think we can answer your question so accurately as we have not a chance to really test the distance. However from our normal test..about 20 houses a way we could still get a signal when we used the query function.

One thing to note is that the remote is using a AAA battery so the distance it can travel is a lot less than compared to when the car alarm is triggered. Here it uses the car battery which is much much more powerful to send the signal to the remote....This is where the power of the 2 way alarm should be judged.

Hope this helps clears a little of your query.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my name is Tan Tan. We are trading company for car spare parts. One of our products recommended to car owners is – Valeo Clutches Kit.

Replacing a clutch isn't fun, but Valeo makes the job as painless as possible with its Complete Clutch Kit. Depending on the application, each kit comes with as many as eight components. These parts meet OE specifications: Valeo supplies the original clutches to at least 15 major automotive manufacturers, and about one-third of all new cars and light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience