qns : improving low-end/torque

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
turbo10-noted.
seldomly going back hometown, but i will and we will tt or maybe ikan bakar tg dwai......

ok back to the topic...
NA_Lover, bout the piston...shave it.

rbth x 0408

Jan 31, 2009
hey sifus..
yall r rigth
i on a budget
ahhaa...thats why considering 7a

also due to my location..hard to do mod leh...

how much is a blacktop 6spd halfcut sellin in jb??

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Its a bit pricey.. you'll need around 5-6k for 6 speed.

5 speed way cheaper though.. worth considering because rumor has it that the gearbox can take a better trashing. (anyone can confirm this?)

6 speed gear ratio is way closer. Pick up and acceleration is different by a considerable margin.

Then again both will let you FTG! (Feel The Goodness)

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Its a bit pricey.. you'll need around 5-6k for 6 speed.

5 speed way cheaper though.. worth considering because rumor has it that the gearbox can take a better trashing. (anyone can confirm this?)

6 speed gear ratio is way closer. Pick up and acceleration is different by a considerable margin.

Then again both will let you FTG! (Feel The Goodness)
Our synchromesh love to give us krakk krakk sound regardless C52 / 56 / 160 model. Some got downshift problem, while some, upshift. The frequent gear is the 3rd gear.

Best is, make sure you got the best lube inside protecting it. It will definately last longer with a proper graded lube. Driving style will determine your gearbox lifespan too. Saying this, not to deter anyone from trashing the gearbox, just to point out that the lube is very important as it is the only thing in between the gear to gear.

Juz my 2 cents :rofl:

rbth x 0408

Jan 31, 2009
^^^
thanks for the advices again
most probably saving up for a 6spd blacktop in time to come~!=)

any ques from a newbie

seen some videos where ppl put carb on their 4age/4afe
what's the difference between that n the noral injectors?

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
bro's i want to ask u all is it 6 speed bt ratio for last speed too far? my car can go easily to 195kmh with gear 1 to5 but when engage gear 6 rpm drop much from 7xxxrpm to 5xxx rpm and the speed also drop to 180kmh. i press the pedal but the speed just maintain take time to go up. any idea?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
have you got the speed cut removed? 5th gear call pull longer before speed cut at about 190+, but once u engaged to 6th gear it will cut n drop to 180 n stay there...

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
scott, yes true my car have speed cut but it is 200kmh speed cut not 180kmh. any suggestion?

Bump: scott, yes true my car have speed cut but it is 200kmh speed cut not 180kmh. any suggestion?

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
5th gear, tyre 15inch,
rpm 7900 (206km/h) and u shift up to 6th gear, assuming fast enough, your rpm will drop to 5660rpm. lost about 2240rpm.
the minimum lost if compare to other gears.

ikankaloi

Known Member
Jun 17, 2007
www.e-dcl.justgoo.com
short cut to improve low end/torque .... use a piggy back ( emanage blue) like me.... dont tune wit a dyno machine ---- reading not soo accurate....go for wide band street tune...:biggrin:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
scott, yes true my car have speed cut but it is 200kmh speed cut not 180kmh. any suggestion?

Bump: scott, yes true my car have speed cut but it is 200kmh speed cut not 180kmh. any suggestion?
pasang speed meter orr RSM lah.. to remove the speed cut..

cheapest i know that is suitable for 4age is pivot speed meter, about rm250 only.. after using the meter, ur speed cut will be removed.. i also planned to install the meter also

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
short cut to improve low end/torque .... use a piggy back ( emanage blue) like me.... dont tune wit a dyno machine ---- reading not soo accurate....go for wide band street tune...:biggrin:
I thought you are using Blitz Access ? Where is your Access ECU ? Btw, where you did your e-manage tunning ?

ikankaloi

Known Member
Jun 17, 2007
www.e-dcl.justgoo.com
I thought you are using Blitz Access ? Where is your Access ECU ? Btw, where you did your e-manage tunning ?
uinaaa how u know??? kasi kawin saja ba...i got pics of it at my profile...feel free to c .....phewitttt

Bump: uinaaa how u know??? kasi kawin saja ba itu barang...i got pics of it at my profile...feel free to c ..... tuned at Greedspeed by Hamid...phewitttt

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello member zerotohundred.com,

I new member on this site.ok..i want to ask u all about my car...i just buy car from car dealer.my car is Ford Laser '82 hatchback.(just fimiliar mazda familia h/back).i have rm 10000.00 to spend on my car.can u tell me what type of engine can put in my car???the gear box such racing type and also clucth can put into my car??and the JPJ inspection about modification,how to pass it or not???please help me to teach how to modify my car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience