qns : improving low-end/torque

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
hi,if wanna go 7a and your ori engine is 4afe, y dont you just swap the whole 7afe ino your car..
Not trying to flame k.. Just my humble opinion.
7A-FE on its own is kinda vanilla though.. if really considering swap.. 4A-GE Blacktop probably the better way to go. Bang for your buck. Don't underestimate the power of a 1.6
You'll instantly FTG (Feel The Goodness)

A lot of blokes here would swear by the durability and rev happy nature of the blacktop. Myself included.

:nurse::nurse::nurse:
So when in doubt.. always remember to FTG
Peace out.

rbth x 0408

Jan 31, 2009
hey
thanks to all the sifus for all e advice

was advice by a mech to change to 7a block for lower end power
didnt ask why coz didnt understand much at that time...only read up abit the realise what he's saying so didnt ask much too..haha

anyway regarding the blacktop
did think of changin to that
but my final aim of the car is a 7age
so maybe i change to 7a block 1st??

then again dunno the process behind
think in mind only
hahaha

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
hey
thanks to all the sifus for all e advice

was advice by a mech to change to 7a block for lower end power
didnt ask why coz didnt understand much at that time...only read up abit the realise what he's saying so didnt ask much too..haha

anyway regarding the blacktop
did think of changin to that
but my final aim of the car is a 7age
so maybe i change to 7a block 1st??

then again dunno the process behind
think in mind only
hahaha

I'm currently in the process of changing my 4A block to 7A too.
Its a long term project that might take a couple of months to save up the quid... but here's what I found out.

In a 7A-GE rebuild you would be using the block, conrod, crankshaft and flywheel from the 7A-FE
Everything else is from the 4A-GE.

Which means.. it would probably be easier if you went for a blacktop first.. and source for the 7A bottom end later. Its like.. preparing a base for modification.

But trust me on this.. you might want to test out the stock blacktop first. The power is quite sufficient for most drivers. You'll definitely FTG (Feel The Goodness)

:nurse::nurse::nurse:

Peace out

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
7afe is much cheaper solution than 4age blacktop. everyone knows 4age blacktop is the best solution. i read from the early thread and it seems TS is on a budget, that's y i suggest him for using 7afe..sorry for the confusion..i am a noob in car modding..:cheers:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
mod to 7a cheap ka?

i tot more xpensive than convrting to 4ag.....not so la, the cost is almost the same, but with the same amount of money u gonna spend u, can choose wheather 1.6 or 1.8...........

or maybe, u can switch the plan, spend sumore and put turbo...absolute torque:vroam:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
No la.. not trying to say who's wrong or anything.
Just throwing in opinions ma.. no worries guys.

Yeah.. engine transplant would come to almost the same at the end of the day.
If you really want to go for 7A-GE though, the blacktop is a good platform to work on.

Unless you are using a corona like me, 4A-GE torque is sufficient for most smaller chassis.
The hybrid 7A would take some research and time. But thats the fun of modding isn't it?

Honestly recommend you to start on the BT first if you're targeting hybrid.
If you're more into brutal torque, keep the 4S-FE and turbocharge the unit. You'll smoke a lot of cars with a realistic boost figure.

NEVER settle for a blacktop auto. You'll be surprised how big the performance margine is!
Always op for the manual transmission instead.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
mod to 7a cheap ka?

i tot more xpensive than convrting to 4ag.....not so la, the cost is almost the same, but with the same amount of money u gonna spend u, can choose wheather 1.6 or 1.8...........

or maybe, u can switch the plan, spend sumore and put turbo...absolute torque:vroam:
cmon bro..i didnt say convert to 7ag..i said from 4afe to 7afe is much cheaper than 4afe into 7age/z/t..i know most of the sifoo here already done it, i totally respect it and some dislike it.
me myself started with FR 7agze long way ago ..then 7agte down to 7age..and till now i have no problem with it. interms of reliability, as long as u are within the mechanical limits of the stock components and u got a good tuning, u will have one reliable and fun setup..a good torque and a decent horsepower gain..but if u r an RPM junkie..4age will suits u better.and yes there r lotsa mod have to be done if wanna swap blacktop 1.6 to 1.8..and its even more if u r converting from 16v 4age into 16v 7age.just my 2 sen..:wavey:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
So bro turbo, you using 7A-GE Frankenstein now?

Did you reuse the 4A pistons?

Mine is blacktop 20v.
I'm thinking about reusing the pistons but worried about clearance.
From what I know blacktop pistons are reasonably high compression.
Not sure if it'll work because a friend of mine oso experiencing some knocking after 7A transplant.

Sorry off topic a bit ya.

ep91

Known Member
Jul 20, 2007
7A dun worry....
i got some performance stuff for this 7A
1. aftermarket performance extractor
2. Toda flywheel for 7A block.

hahaha
both of this item is up for sale...
so if anyone who want to mod to 7A dun worry bout kenot get performance stuff...

John
http://masterconnection.blogspot.com/

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
cmon bro..i didnt say convert to 7ag..i said from 4afe to 7afe is much cheaper than 4afe into 7age/z/t..i know most of the sifoo here already done it, i totally respect it and some dislike it.
me myself started with FR 7agze long way ago ..then 7agte down to 7age..and till now i have no problem with it. interms of reliability, as long as u are within the mechanical limits of the stock components and u got a good tuning, u will have one reliable and fun setup..a good torque and a decent horsepower gain..but if u r an RPM junkie..4age will suits u better.and yes there r lotsa mod have to be done if wanna swap blacktop 1.6 to 1.8..and its even more if u r converting from 16v 4age into 16v 7age.just my 2 sen..:wavey:
bro, dont get it wrong. my purpose is just for other members to evaluate and gather information that have been present. your information given is very constructive and realistic, its more than 2cent for me...anyway we are in the same boat, i always sail on sg layar as my way back home.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
bro, dont get it wrong. my purpose is just for other members to evaluate and gather information that have been present. your information given is very constructive and realistic, its more than 2cent for me...anyway we are in the same boat, i always sail on sg layar as my way back home.
ya..sorry if i misunderstood your purpose. i also wanna share my little experience about 7ag. if u r from sg layar and u maybe knew or not. One LE blue (now white) colour with blacktop 7age..he have been driving it since 2004 with 7ag..currently he went through a major rebuilt to upgrade the 7ag.if u come home to sg layar we can go for tt together and hook u up with some of my frens with little2 modded toyota.we can discuss everything about it in details..but for me even a simple modded 4age 20v s/top also got the kick and great feeling. a fren of mine, seg101 with silverblock/blacktop head/silver wiring..just a simple porting, thinner gaskets and aftermarket 4-2-1 extractor enough to make me thrilling..the power start at 4500-8000 and if not with the rev cut it can go rev happy up to 8500rpm..the higher end feels very light..lower ends are much the same as stock.if blactop with proper mod and tuning i am sure the thrill will be more..and comparing both of my frens 4ag and 7ag (they mod at the same pomen) both have their own pros and cons..and maybe not fair to compare both coz the 7ag got more extensive mod..but the general feeling is the 4ag will have the revhappy title and the 7ag will get the torque monster title.some say no replacement for displacment...and some say nothing can replace the screaming 10000rpm 4ag..for me i dunno how to choose..i love the torque..but i also love the screaming high revs..but i also missed the forced induction powered 4ag/7ag..hehhehehe...it's up to one preference..choose one path..either one of it will make u regret..:hmmmm: 7ag rulez..oops..:rofl:

p/s: sorry for the long karangan..to NA_LOVER..u have to use back the pistons to get higher cmpression..the compression will definitely shoots up due to the increament of the cylinder volume..the head need a little rework depends on your pomen's own recipe to reduce the compression.if not, knocking would occur.

Last edited:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
icic..

I was thinking about using 2 layers for head gasket.
Wondering if that will help bring up the clearance a bit?

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
icic..

I was thinking about using 2 layers for head gasket.
Wondering if that will help bring up the clearance a bit?
i used back the 2 layers of the 7a metal head gasket and i am still running approx 9.xx:1 ++ compression ratio instead of 8.9 c/ratio during 4agze.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All Tufoil Users,

Thanks to Focal Point, the sole distributor for Tufoil, we have made Tufoil available in Seremban for the convenience of people in NSDK. Those interested to purchase it may contact me Richard 012-611 2251.

Now Tufoil also available at:

Perkhidmatan Accesories Auto Wai Hoong
151 Jln Toman 7
Kemayan Square
70200 Seremban
NSDK

Tel 06-767 1437
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience