Proton's campro/cps owners pls share yr experience

DawoZedition

Aug 7, 2008
Hi bro! Since it is very hard for me to get 1st hand feedback, review, impression etc. from the Gen2-CPS owners, I hope U could share with us your experience, impression etc on your ride here. Im seriously thinking on getting one of those Protons with CPS powerplant, just cannot decide between the Gen2 CPS or the newly lunched Neo CPS. Thanx in advance.

:wavey:I'm nw driving a gen-2 cps...i hope tat all campro owner cn share their mods in tis post...

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
i'm drove a gen2cps...a very good and stabil car...
after my 1st services at 1k, i've speed up on Elite h/way to KLIA. i've reach 200kmh and almost 210kmh. the last time i'm driving a citroen and had reach 200kmh and the stability between gen2cps and citroen are the same...
in my opinion, this is the best proton car that i ever drive...
power and stability...:driver::driver:

mfauzi_s

Jun 1, 2006
experience with my wife Gen 2 CPS.

1) Handling - Best
2) Accelaration - Hampeh.
3) fuel - 0km to 3th service (10k - 11k KM) = out of spec
- After 3th service = normal 1.6 engine.

category - family car with look sporty.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
anyone wanna experience the CPS as what claimed by the bro in here....feel free to drop by Puchong Proton Edar branch opposite IOI mall......same roll with Maybank.....test drive and feel it.
I can assist to arrange........no obligation...not trying to sell anything...juz sharing the experience of CPS engine.

Mar 11, 2009
i'm drove a gen2cps...a very good and stabil car...
after my 1st services at 1k, i've speed up on Elite h/way to KLIA. i've reach 200kmh and almost 210kmh. the last time i'm driving a citroen and had reach 200kmh and the stability between gen2cps and citroen are the same...
in my opinion, this is the best proton car that i ever drive...
power and stability...:driver::driver:
r u sure can go 200? i though got limiter until 195 only?

anyway, i'm driving waja cps..its happy-rev car..really enjoyed it

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i thk tat gen-2 cps is a stable car...its ori suspension is still ok and if u buy a set of good tyre it cn achieve a good handling...bout d power part i feel lik its throttle response's slower b4 i install apexi open pod air filter...i haven mod d extractor yet i heard tat it cn extract more power frm cps...its interior oso vry satisfying it looks vry sporty haha lik type r feel...:driver:

DawoZedition

Aug 7, 2008
thanx for the info , can't wait to test driving the cps-ed Gen2 once I returned to Msia. God willing I will PM you brother EvolutionZ when everything is confirmed.

Could anybody here share with all of us about Gen2-CPSs' rim PCD,maximum size etc. Im surveying rims for my future ride. thanx again.

anyone wanna experience the CPS as what claimed by the bro in here....feel free to drop by Puchong Proton Edar branch opposite IOI mall......same roll with Maybank.....test drive and feel it.
I can assist to arrange........no obligation...not trying to sell anything...juz sharing the experience of CPS engine.

Last edited:

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009

that is the fact bro...and i'm not fooling anyone and that is the true story.
in youtube try to seek the gen2 cps video, if u were lucky will found the video show gen2 cps top speed 210kmh...

Bump:
experience with my wife Gen 2 CPS.

1) Handling - Best
2) Accelaration - Hampeh.
3) fuel - 0km to 3th service (10k - 11k KM) = out of spec
- After 3th service = normal 1.6 engine.

category - family car with look sporty.
after throw the out the catalytic converter, changed open pod Apex-i filter and changed rear muffler for a straight flow...
Acceleration - SUPERB -:smokin:

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i haven tried 2 go until 210kmh bt my gen-2 cps manage 2 reach 180kmh wif 4 person in it...vry satisfy wif its performance...bt ther is 1 thg i hate bout d interior...d arm rest position seems 2 be 2 high n disturb me during gear change...:driver:

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
i haven tried 2 go until 210kmh bt my gen-2 cps manage 2 reach 180kmh wif 4 person in it...vry satisfy wif its performance...bt ther is 1 thg i hate bout d interior...d arm rest position seems 2 be 2 high n disturb me during gear change...:driver:
4 person a bit heavy for the car...if ur are alone i'll sure u that u reach 200-210kmh.
yeahh...the arm rest is to high, is hard to changed the gear quikly...:smokin:

Ooi Choon Chiet

Oct 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
maybe i m gng 2 remove d arm rest bcoz it's vry dangerous when i wana change to low gear (3rd-2nd)...d stock tyre sux too...nt enuf 2 handle tat kind of power haha...i hope tat i cn change my tyre asap...:wavey:

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
4 person a bit heavy for the car...if ur are alone i'll sure u that u reach 200-210kmh.
yeahh...the arm rest is to high, is hard to changed the gear quikly...:smokin:
Change to shartshifter, RACE Glenmarie provide this service for RM200. The lever height is the same but the 'throw' is significantly shorter. Already did it to my car and loved it.

Can get to 200 but will take a long stretch of road (+ball of steel). 7k rpm@4th gear is already 180, but when shift to 5th, it very 'reluctant' to speed up. And also suspect the ECU is programmed to limit the top speed, and because CPS using drive by wire, it is easier to be done.

:wavey:I'm nw driving a gen-2 cps...i hope tat all campro owner cn share their mods in tis post...
R3 suspension, header, 2 mid bullet, straight flow muffler, K&N drop in.

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Depend on people preference I guess, but Waja has extra accessories such as electric folding side mirror and HID headlamp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi There,

can anyone tell me what will happen when fuel pump is faulty or going to faulty.

my car will juk juk juk if i stay at 3K or 2K any rpm speed..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience