1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Export model is always better than local MY ones... plus, cheaper! Proton is robbing us blindly!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
More like they don't need to... as they have G-man protection. Now that Mitsubishi is back after 20 years MIA... Proton can start begging G-man to give them more protection from the big boys... namely Toyota and Honda plus newcomers such as Kia and Hyundai.

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
Quoted from the seller:

"Hi. Proton is made by Mitsubishi Malaysia. Any mechanic can service the car. The mechanicals in this are the same as a Lancer. They are very good cars"

Wow that's just not true is it? He's trying to sell a car....of course he's gonna praise the car. It's a no brainer if he starts to condemn the car he's trying to get rid off. :D

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
u dun get my point yet. I mean if we malaysians who knows the quality of the car wan to sell off this car of coz will not condemn also.
But we won say so many extra good things bout the car as we alr know its standard.
All we can say r things like mileage low, jus service, change tis n tat part alr...

My point is does proton make better quality cars for overseas country.

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
Hm, is proton that good in overseas country? I myself have not driven or sat in an overseas model before so I can't really say it's bad or anything. I'm only implying that its only normal psychology, that everybody will promote the items they are selling so that they can get a nice price. Maybe some that has owned or sat in a overseas Proton can give their feedback

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
1.5 litre 4g92....???!!!!!!...this seller sure doesnt know his car well.....

Engine Size: 1.5 litre
Engine Number: 4G92PCU9651

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Even so... remember back a few ago where a SG owner wrote to Asian Auto detailing more than 400+ problems with Waja (export model) n CC copy to TM. Because of his effort, TM gathered more than 50 engineers n told them to rectify the said problems. End result? They fixed more than 200+ problems and QC improved over time with the Waja EV.

See? Proton definately need some bashing overseas b4 they do something...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Its true that export models are a little better off compared to our local ones. I think its because of the fact that in overseas, the quality control is a bit more stringent therefore the need of double standard of local unit and imported unit.

Besides, quite rightly pointed out, if you're a seller you tend to sing praises of the car you're selling so why are we so suprise of this export model Proton?

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Most cheap cars nowadays are made of milo tin deii. Except for the veggie car...that one can use to scratch gojira backside also no dent.

bebulu

Oct 13, 2005
Why Malaysian need a good quality car? I understand that malaysian mentality is still 20 years behind.they throw the rubbish everywere, lots of dirty places, dont know how to drive the car propely. I think malaysian deserve to have the car like proston!!!!! :bath: .

Last edited:

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
bebulu said:
Why Malaysian need a good quality car? I understand that malaysian mentality is still 20 years behind. Threw rubbish every were, lots of dirty place, dont know how to drive the car propely. I think malaysian deserve to have the car like proston!!!!! :bath: .
And you sir, need a good english class.
Malaysia dirty? Malaysians have bad driving ethics? have you been to london?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda have just unveiled the new yet not-so-new 2012 Civic and before the verdicts have even rolled off the tongues of the motoring world, they've backed it up with an advertising campaign that focuses on the many different consumers of the Civic and how there's a variant to suit them all.

Honda feels that each of its Civic variants will cater...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience