Proton Saga and Wira 1.5 Automatic

anthonyst46c

Nov 5, 2005
I have a friends that owned a Wira 1992 Model 1.5 auto and my car is Saga 1991 model 1.5 Auto as well..

My car run 100Km/j ~ 4000rpm and
My Friends Wira 100Km/j ~ 3000rpm

Wat is the differents between? our engine are the same...
4G15P...

Senior and Expert there, any comment from you?? Thank You Yaa.... :wink:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
maybe speedo error. why dont u run both car together then u will know true or not.

afaik, both wira 1.5 A and saga/iswara 1.5A are using 3 speed gearbox with simlar ratios and final drive gear.

i owned saga auto previously and use to drive wira 1.5 auto also. at 100kmh, the engine speed shud be identical.

unless, ur fren had changed his car to 4G91 1.5 DOHC with 4 speed auto gearbox. with overdrive function, the car cud do with only 2800rpm at 100kmh/. same with my wira 1.6.

anyway, double check again as the 1st wira was out only in 1993. 1992 was the year Iswara was launched. :D

anthonyst46c

Nov 5, 2005
Thank You very Much dear Senior.
One More question. If we noticed that the error are caused by the speedo meter either one of our car. Izit the speedo meter need to be repair or change?
Last time you did owned a Proton Saga/Iswara 1.5 Auto transmision right?
So how many Rpm when ur car run at 100 Kmh? Thanks ;)

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
ur most welcome fren.

i am sorry though, i cud not remember what's the tacho reading at 100kmh in the saga auto and the wira 1.5a, but definitely very high..almost 4,000rpm. the saga auto i gave to my ex wife about 3 yrs back. the wira belongs to my ex gf. ha ha ha...

the speedo cud be repair ie recalibrated. i am not able to recommend anybody i know who cud do that. but a used speedometer is not that expensive either..

if u have some extra cash, i like to suggest convert to UK spec dashboard. similar to original lancer dashboard.

last time i check it was only about RM550 including aircond blower and instrument meter but without tachometer (rpm). price may differ as lancer dashboard varies. it even has instrument meter display in orange colour digital; which is very very nice indeed.. :D

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I did own a saga auto 1.5 hatch back previouslly and yeah...on 100km/h the rpm meter is quite high.Because of the gear box only run till 4th gear and the ratio might be diff compare to wira eventhough engine is more or less the same.
To rectify the problem? For me i just take care of the weight of my right foot.
My opinion is the diff between the gear ratio,so last time i just doesn't bother it,just drive slower.
My 2 cent

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Haha ZAN,yabah~~or else jaga right foot lorr.Because my guessing is the ratio if it is the ratio,banyak mahal ooo if wanna change.
But for me last time..hahaha always high rev mah..no rev dropped.kkekek ^_^but the noice it generate is abit..erm....
what car you driving la zan?

ASRSAUFIJAYA

From Facebook
Oct 14, 2011
www.facebook.com
i have a proton saga 1.5i 1987 original auto 3 gear. but recently i have this problem that it sometimes just run in 2nd gear. hard to shift to 3th gear. i got this problem after i have a leak auto gear oil at the radiator. the radiator fix well. the problem are still same. please u all if got any comment about this kind a problem.. are my gearbox? or otherelse??...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanna post this..

Just in case some of u didn't know about this..

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Maaf Zahir Batin

Drive safely :wink:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience