Proton SAGA LMST Back Tire makes loud sound

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
Hi, my saga lmst back tires (right side if if im not mistaken) makes a loud sound like the absorber has failed when entering small holes or any part of he road that sinks.

I thought it was the absorber n spring so today i change the to KYB Gas Absorber and APM Performance Spring thinking the problem will be solved, but no, it still continues. It sounds as thou the spring is lose n hitting or something like that lah

So can anyone tell me actually what is going on, if its not the absorber and spring, what is it?

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
Hi, my saga lmst back tires (right side if if im not mistaken) makes a loud sound like the absorber has failed when entering small holes or any part of he road that sinks.

I thought it was the absorber n spring so today i change the to KYB Gas Absorber and APM Performance Spring thinking the problem will be solved, but no, it still continues. It sounds as thou the spring is lose n hitting or something like that lah

So can anyone tell me actually what is going on, if its not the absorber and spring, what is it?

could it be the bush pecah already?or your tirecu pump the air too hard,try pumping 190 = 28 psi maybe it'll help.

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
Bush? Which part is that actually? Mine is 15" i pump 32psi usually but when i go to the back of the car and use force and push it down there is not even a single sound. But when i sit inside and start driving only got..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
do check yr rear hood absorber lifter and the rear hood speaker board...
sometimes sound came from there...

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

and also yr tires..plus bushings

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
I took out the whole speaker board edi, the absorber for rear hood got little squeeky sound not tang tang like that. So cfirm from the tire there.. IF bush pecah how much does it cost?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bush not expensive..iswara parts are affordable..
then try swap yr tire with the spare and drive around.
coz sometimes yr tire (kembung) will cause sound also

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
Okay will try, thanks for the infos.. Any other input will be greatly appreciated too WIll be goin workshop in the afternoon, hope can be settled.

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
I changed the axle bush, even tried oil absorbers thinkin gas was too stiff, the spring wrapped it around with rubber and sound is still there. Even the mechanic blur already.. I am going to try to remove everything in the booth and see if the sound is still there.. :(

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
i ahve the same sound in my satria , its like metal banging right , coming from rear wheel arch , i assume was absober mounting or wad, im gona check mine soon.

best is to check the bushing and absorber mounting.

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I tink i knw wat is the problem. Its maybe ur tyres cutting ur fender. i have tis sound too when goin over bumps. Duno wat to do...any 1 can help?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
yr tires uneven or yr exhaust pipe bushing...sometimes it touches the body will create nuisance too...

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ok i hav checked my satria and found out that my rear arm known as tulang anjing , needs to change, common problem for satria and most hatchback cars , pls do go check urs if ur noise still persist.

kid_cool87

Aug 15, 2010
Penang
yea bro.... i oso use 2 gt tatsound wen i wa using my wira.
den wen i went 2 check it was the rear arm giving sum funny noise.....
but if u straight go do it at the foreman its kindda xpensive...
so i bought the part frm a spare part shop n asked the foreman 2 install it 4 me...
its much cheaper tat way.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

few of the zthians here had done this b4 too.. juz wanna show my work.. holiday too long n got nuthin to do.. so... here it is... :biggrin:

things as show below.. very sharp scissor, 'Dolphin' blade, 'Good Morning ' cloth, 'Alladin' lighter n cf stiker from abang's (rm15 for 1 meter.. more than enough)

cut bout roughly the size of the head. btw make sure the head is 'cool' (not high temp/not hot la)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience