Proton Inspira Power Mod

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Don't give up so easily. First things first, set a budget and then talk to an expert with a shop that'd be willing to do the mods for you and see if your budget matches his price. If it doesn't then save up until you do have enough. Then take a deep dive and join the dark side..... and whack that Mark X next time you see it. :biggrin:

Incidentally I think prices would be 15k-20k for a hardcore full-on turbo setup (pistons, conrods, ecu, turbo, workmanship, exhaust, tuning). But there are ways to get this much lower in price.
My budget is actually around RM10K. I thought it should be cheaper since I got the 4B11 engine. Only the labor cost of swapping incurred. I don't think I'd go for turbo. Dunno how to maintain.

Mark X should be out of question here unless my car can hit 250km/h mark. Lol..

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
He’s not buying it. His father’s car inspira is 4b11 auto. But yeah, the money needed for the swap and all just for a very very small gain can be better spend on doing up the 4b10.
Yeah. My father drives a 2.0 Inspira. Very small gain only?? I thought should have at least 10% gain in the overall performance...

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Search for ralliart intake for the lancer. It’s a ralliart funnel that’s bigger and more optimized for the intake. Connects to the same stock airbox.

I’ve got a brand new one lying around somewhere if you want.
What exactly is funnel? Is it muffler/exhaust? Does it pull in more air?

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
What if ts swap to carbon body panel,will that help top speed?
Or tinker with the gb ratio?

Last time i did saw a covering panel for underside of a car.not sure if the conpany is still around as i doubt there are many customer for that product.It improve airflow underneath the car.

Have u tried waxing your car kaw2 until so slippery that it gain extra 5kmh top speed....heheh.
What did you mean by "waxing until so slippery"? 205km/h is like max already. Downhill plus a bit of slip stream. Usually until 200km/h only.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
To sum it all up, ways to increase NA engine's power are Drop In Filter, ECU re-flash and Exhaust Manifold. Any more suggestion??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Those Simota funnel are available also for my SSS but got reports of it making the engine running too lean causing the check engine light on, and loosing a bit of low end torque. Some say it doesn't make much power anyway but more just intake noise. That's why I didn't install and just opt for simple drop-in.

Reactions: sanekit

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Last edited:

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
with 10k budget, you can port the head as well.
I did a bit of look up on the internet. They say it will sacrifice the torque in the lower range, true?

"The slight expansion of the inlet and outlet ports will slightly change the way in which your engine creates power however; torque will be sacrificed lower in the rev range due to the decrease in fluid velocity due to the new expansion of the port, but power gains will be had high in the rev range as a larger volumetric flow rate of air and fuel can makes its way into the cylinders."

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I did a bit of look up on the internet. They say it will sacrifice the torque in the lower range, true?

"The slight expansion of the inlet and outlet ports will slightly change the way in which your engine creates power however; torque will be sacrificed lower in the rev range due to the decrease in fluid velocity due to the new expansion of the port, but power gains will be had high in the rev range as a larger volumetric flow rate of air and fuel can makes its way into the cylinders."
of coz your torque and power will move. how much different is depending on the porting. this is when u'll need cams and adjustable cam pulleys. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Can anyone suggest to dimantle/remove the rear bumper of the Honda Civic.
If possible in step-step approach....kind of new on DIY thing..

Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience