Proton Inspira Power Mod

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i believe he doesn't want to go forced induction cause of the cost factor... im just saying, buying a b11 and doing all that work for that extra 200cc is probably less cost efficient.
He’s not buying it. His father’s car inspira is 4b11 auto. But yeah, the money needed for the swap and all just for a very very small gain can be better spend on doing up the 4b10.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Probably just me but I feel simolta needs more frequent cleaning. I hear K&N can go longer in between cleans. BTW, slight improvement only when it's nice and clean. There was once I forgot to clean in a long time. Was wondering why my car felt sluggish and fuel hungry :pepsi:

Has anybody tried those replica bmc types yet? Have an ori in the bimmer. It's nice
Naah it's about the same. I seldom clean my Simotas too, mostly just knock them a few times to get rid off the dust every 10k km oil change and put them back! My cleaning kit still has plenty left in the bottle. Works fine for me all these years. :biggrin:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Naah it's about the same. I seldom clean my Simotas too, mostly just knock them a few times to get rid off the dust every 10k km oil change and put them back! My cleaning kit still has plenty left in the bottle. Works fine for me all these years. :biggrin:
Hey, arent we supposed to clean Simoltas every 5K? That's what it says in instruction pamphlet from the cleaning kit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i never cleaned my works filters with the cleaner since i bought it. hahaha. always just use air gun when i go to workshop for oil change and stuff.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i never cleaned my works filters with the cleaner since i bought it. hahaha. always just use air gun when i go to workshop for oil change and stuff.
I don't allow workshop to touch my filter. Don't these filters depend on being oil soaked for their filtration?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Haha... Blow it kaw kaw as clean as you can. Then drop it into a bucket of detergent water for 5-10 minutes. You can see how clean it is. You need to leave overnight to dry though. Inadvisable to dry with hair dryer

It's the little dust particles that we cant see, that goes into the engine

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I put a layer of aircond filter on my drop in k&n. This is the one u can buy from Daiso.
I just swap that layer of filter when it gets too dirty, no specific mileage.

If i rajin, i just wash the filter with water.Mine is not paper cartridge type but i think its nylon with steel mesh.

The Works i have on my BLM oso i just spray with water.Before raya i just cleaned it after dunno how long.can feel the improvement after clean..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
why u poison him go tebo? lol. inspira actually can get 4b11T ori half cut and swap right? i think gonna cost around the same as what u quoted there.
The difference with customizing his current engine is he knows what he's getting and possibly it might be stronger than a 4B11T if gone all out with forged everything and a large turbo. Plus you won't have the hassle of engine endorsement and puspakom.

Hey, arent we supposed to clean Simoltas every 5K? That's what it says in instruction pamphlet from the cleaning kit
"Should" isn't always "could". Hehehe.. I think generally the mentality is like this - for the first 10,000km you will diligently wash and clean. After 15,000 you'll get lazy and complacent. At 20,000 you'll think "It works.. .why bother". At 40,000 you'll forget you had a simota.

and it's "Simota" la... "Simolta" is probably a china copy of a china product

Reactions: alcyon and sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
The difference with customizing his current engine is he knows what he's getting and possibly it might be stronger than a 4B11T if gone all out with forged everything and a large turbo. Plus you won't have the hassle of engine endorsement and puspakom.
Yeah but by the looks of it i dont think ts wanna spend that much dy

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah I was referring to the drop-in type. I heard its filtration is not as good as the stock one. Power increased at the cost of engine's longevity, no?
Search for ralliart intake for the lancer. It’s a ralliart funnel that’s bigger and more optimized for the intake. Connects to the same stock airbox.

I’ve got a brand new one lying around somewhere if you want.

Reactions: sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.

Is there any way we can chrome our Sport Rim? As we all know after several months using the sport rim, there will be lots of scratches.

I heard there is a workshop which can do that, but I lost the name of the shop.

What is your comment on this? Is it better to chrome or other colours like black or white?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience