Proton Inspira Power Mod

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah true. All those stock turbo cars are definitely a massive trend and here to stay. Being a total noob on this Bolt-On Turbo thing plus its reliability issue, I'd stay away from it now.
Don't give up so easily. First things first, set a budget and then talk to an expert with a shop that'd be willing to do the mods for you and see if your budget matches his price. If it doesn't then save up until you do have enough. Then take a deep dive and join the dark side..... and whack that Mark X next time you see it. :biggrin:

Incidentally I think prices would be 15k-20k for a hardcore full-on turbo setup (pistons, conrods, ecu, turbo, workmanship, exhaust, tuning). But there are ways to get this much lower in price.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Swapping the two engines will take a lot of work and more money. Just imagine, leaving two Inspira at workshop to swap the engine. Taking one out and putting in another. A lot of things need to be disassembled and reassembled again later. Not to mention by doing so, you need to get two cars to get endorsement at JPJ as their engine number has been changed compared to what is stated in their car registration documents.

If you really want a 2.0 4B11 engine for your 1.8 Inspira, it would be better to go to halfcut shops and get yourself a 4B11 "enjin lantai" from them, which means engine only without any other add ons. Take the engine, use the block, pistons, engine internals and swap those to your Inspira. After that get the car registered. While you're at it, do consider a few NA mods like port and polish your cylinder head, balancing the engine internals since you need to remove your whole engine to swap in the 2.0 engine parts. Basically, you are refreshing your engine again that way. You can keep he cylinder head from the halfcut that you bought as a spare or you can try to sell it away for money.

Hope it helps.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Don't give up so easily. First things first, set a budget and then talk to an expert with a shop that'd be willing to do the mods for you and see if your budget matches his price. If it doesn't then save up until you do have enough. Then take a deep dive and join the dark side..... and whack that Mark X next time you see it. :biggrin:

Incidentally I think prices would be 15k-20k for a hardcore full-on turbo setup (pistons, conrods, ecu, turbo, workmanship, exhaust, tuning). But there are ways to get this much lower in price.
why u poison him go tebo? lol. inspira actually can get 4b11T ori half cut and swap right? i think gonna cost around the same as what u quoted there.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Swapping the two engines will take a lot of work and more money. Just imagine, leaving two Inspira at workshop to swap the engine. Taking one out and putting in another. A lot of things need to be disassembled and reassembled again later. Not to mention by doing so, you need to get two cars to get endorsement at JPJ as their engine number has been changed compared to what is stated in their car registration documents.

If you really want a 2.0 4B11 engine for your 1.8 Inspira, it would be better to go to halfcut shops and get yourself a 4B11 "enjin lantai" from them, which means engine only without any other add ons. Take the engine, use the block, pistons, engine internals and swap those to your Inspira. After that get the car registered. While you're at it, do consider a few NA mods like port and polish your cylinder head, balancing the engine internals since you need to remove your whole engine to swap in the 2.0 engine parts. Basically, you are refreshing your engine again that way. You can keep he cylinder head from the halfcut that you bought as a spare or you can try to sell it away for money.

Hope it helps.
cannot just simply swap the internals like that bro. he still needs the ecu or reflash his ecu or piggyback it. from what i read, i don't think the ts want to spend that much. hence the minor mods suggestion to help him improve his top end power. :emoji_100::emoji_100:

Reactions: parakey

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
cannot just simply swap the internals like that bro. he still needs the ecu or reflash his ecu or piggyback it. from what i read, i don't think the ts want to spend that much. hence the minor mods suggestion to help him improve his top end power. :emoji_100::emoji_100:
If ECU adjustments are needed, then swapping engine directly from the two cars requires even more work then as the ECU needs to be transplanted as well. Wiring harness maybe can be reused.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
If ECU adjustments are needed, then swapping engine directly from the two cars requires even more work then as the ECU needs to be transplanted as well. Wiring harness maybe can be reused.
no. it's a direct swap actually. take out engine from the 1.8 inspira, then take out engine from 2.0 inspira, remove the gb from the 2.0 inspira, install the manual gb from the 1.8 inspira into the 2.0 inspira, then mount the 2.0 engine with manual gb into the 1.8 chassis inspira, install the 2.0 ecu from the other inspira and take out the ecu from 1.8 with the tcu and pasang into the 2.0 inspira. pretty straightforward but the power difference and all is not really worth the swap.

u can get 4b11T halfcut for around RM17k++ and just swap everything in. which would definitely gives more powwah and oooomph.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

Hope it helps.
still dont think its worth the costs/effort for the small gains...

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What if ts swap to carbon body panel,will that help top speed?
Or tinker with the gb ratio?

Last time i did saw a covering panel for underside of a car.not sure if the conpany is still around as i doubt there are many customer for that product.It improve airflow underneath the car.

Have u tried waxing your car kaw2 until so slippery that it gain extra 5kmh top speed....heheh.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Last time i did saw a covering panel for underside of a car.not sure if the conpany is still around as i doubt there are many customer for that product.It improve airflow underneath the car.

Have u tried waxing your car kaw2 until so slippery that it gain extra 5kmh top speed....heheh.
tinkering with the ratio will raise his top speed but the downside is that it may took too long to reach such speed. Aerodynamics may help

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Changing to carbon panels will cost him like at least 1k per panel... A bit too expensive at this level to shave off a few KG? There are still a lot of cheaper way before resorting to carbon panels first.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A few days ago, I went to Fatimah Hospital, Ipoh for medical check up. I parked my car in the hospital compound. Upon returning to my car, I found that the driver's door lock has been picked! I left the car there for just a few hours..

Other than the regular alarm, I use 2 extra locks: gear lock & steering lock. I have a paddle lock but didn't use it that day. Anyway, I'm grateful that those f$cking thieves...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience