problem with my EK3

ccipan

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
selangor
change oredi.. i think maybe i need to let my engine hot enough then i try again to change the gear. but how hot?? hehe

i just bought this car from my stupid agent. dont tell me about this problem until i've oredi sign all the aggrement. after few weeks i drive this car the problem not happen n i thought my agent just joking about it. then suddenly it happen. very afraid maa nearly bump my brother car hahaha if not abisla my car hahahaha (not thinking about my brother car haha)

916EK

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
ez to find wan
go scout in converstion workshops

i think in zth got ppl selling the g/b sometime back as well

BuDakMeNtaH

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Visit site
ccipan said:
my car honda EK3 (auto) have some problem in the morning.
1. Start my engine and let it hot enough.
2. change to drive/reverse gear.
3. apply some presure to gas paddle. --> nothing happend
4. apply more presure to gas paddle. --> nothing happend
5. apply MORE presure to gas paddle until the rpm go to 3k+ the suddenly the car jerk with a loud "DUPP" sound. The feeling is like the car from idle/neutral gear suddenly went into drive/reverse gear while the RPM at 3k+

but later it does'nt happen again until the next morning.

Any clue for me to check? Any one got the same problem with any auto car?

If i make mistake to post this question hopefully someone can point it out rather than to put statement "Tom is not going to like this post"

"sy budak baru belajar kalau salah tolong tunjukkan"
"i kid just learning if wrong please point it"

:)

mine happened too.. after warming up at morning time but only in reverse gear position. The pomen advised me to change gearbox oil... then the sound like 'dukk' not heard again after i changed de g/box oil. but just curious why de pomen put all de oil (4 liters) into my g/box tank. normally people say it used around 3.x liters... anybody can help

ccipan

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
selangor
hmm thanks budakmentah.. hopefully my car also cause by the g/b oil. If it's a g/b problem it must happen all the time and not only in the morning or after a long day not starting my engine.

apexivafc04

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
mine is also EK3 auto and i have this problem solved. just change the gearbox oil but must use Honda oil, price around RM150 to RM200 per tin(4 liter), i don't remember how much. Hopefully can solve your problem.

Btw i have 1 used auto gearbox still in good condition same as yours for sale with good price.

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
auto gearbox seem to have similar problem... but i think changing auto g/box is not worth... but depen on ur luck. if u get good condition used g/box then it shud fine...
otherwise... buying hafkat will be better... like my case, changing to new used g/box make it worse than my previous g/box.... g/box cost + installation + bla bla bla almsot 2K++. add another 2K++ can get auto b16a hafkat... sighhhhhhh...

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
ek3's cvt need carefull monitoring, ie. proper maintenance is crucial to it. as such, make it mandatory 2 change the g/box oil every 20k kms. since u just bought the car, why not change the oil now? i did that when i got my ek3...play safe bro :)

btw, ek3's g/box used approx 4.5 litres of oil...that's a lot!!

ccipan

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
selangor
thanks guys..

i will change my g/box oil just in case the agent tipu me again.. so a trip to my mechanic. hattech u right i also think that if i just want to replace the gbox only not worth the cost.. hopefully it cause by the oil la if not haiyaaa fly away my money haha.

thanks nashrey for your advice.. how about the engine oil? how frequent i need to change 5k? 10k?

ccipan

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
selangor
soo sad.. i've change the gbox oil but still happen. 3liter honda gbox oil + 1 botol gbox oil treatment + service = rm108 fly away like kupu2 mlm..

any other idea except change my gbox or use halfcut :)

currently what i do is pressing my break while pressing my gas pedal. the gear start to "masuk" at 1500rpm until no more jerk then i can drive my car happily until next morning come huhu :(..

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
confirm i can say it's a gearbox synchro problem.. if u have to to revved hi in order to engaged the gear.. somethig wrong with the internal parts.. ask them to check but.. sad to say laa.. i dunno whether u can use back ur new oil that recently changed.. if can use than u save alot.. if cannot.. then rm108 kupu2 malam terbang lah!!

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
ccipan

most prolly ur previous car owner love to rev every now and then but forgot the maintenance tho!

sorry to hear that bro.if u need second hand ek3 d15b gbox do let me know.Thanks.Price wise, well, PM me to know more.

Cheers!