problem with fuel consumption..(Ecu maybe)

myupgrade

Known Member
Dec 23, 2005
hi guys,

I own a Honda Civic EK which previous owner had installed a turbo on it. The piping was set at 2.5 inch (normal for a turbocharged engine) and I was not realized (silly me) on the diameter.

I normalized my civic (uninstall the turbo - only B16a) and have it tuned to get more milage. However, I completely forgotten about the piping size until I went for a regular check.

Quickly, i changed the piping to 2.3inch, but surprisingly, my fuel consumption went crazy..even for half tank, I've a\only managed to get less 200km without activating even 1 v-tec!

does the mapping of the ECU corelate with piping diameter adjustments to create such problem?if yes, why?

please help

myupgrade:adore:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
bro, how about the injector and fuel pump? is it stock one or already change to bigger injector and bigger fuel pump. normally turbo car have bigger injector and powerful fuel pump which NA engine dont need it and this bigger fuel injector & powerful fuel pump can drink ur fuel like a thirsty camel. u have to tune your ECU to work well with all the engine parts now.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
yup,maybe he tempered with the ecu already.try n call the guy up n ask
him what else did he do to the engine.it's a lot more easier then guessing.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
to save time and $$ just tel and ask the ex-owner. if can try to undo all his turbo bolt on project at the same mechanic.

myupgrade

Known Member
Dec 23, 2005
hm..anyone knows a good tuner?and any hondarians have tuned to max-saving fuel for b16a?

thanx

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
b16a is born to be agreesive engine. no ubat or tunning can save him.
use the stock extractor with stock muffler with stock air filter.
and everything stock.
should be the most fuel saving state now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there!

just wondering if you've got a recommended package available for the proton putra 1998/1999.

if possible, could you PM me the items and prices? thanks :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience