Help ..having problem with offset

Feb 2, 2009
Im driving a myvi and currently running with 16"wheels with offset 40.My problem is the outer side of the tyre is scrapping my rear wall if i drive with 4 pax.should i change my rims?is offset 40 too much for myvi?should i change to offset 38 instead?

help XXX

armin

Feb 2, 2009
im already using GAB springs with Improve absorber..I need to know what is the best offset for my rims..should i change to offset 42 rims or lower to 38 offset rims.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro, what size of tires u r using? if u r using 205 series, then u will need to increase ur offset...not decrease! by using +45, it should clear everything. btw, whats d width of the rims?

the cheapest way is to lipped ur rear fender. u should gain extra 10mm clearance.

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
yea bro..cheapest way is to lipped ur fender..easier...

dont change rim la..i think ur gonna spend more that way

armin

Feb 2, 2009
currently m using 16/50/205 series tyres, so u are saying i should look for rims that has offset above 40? is 42 good enough?

because i tot of swapping my rims that have offset 40 with a rim that has offset 42..currently that rim is used on a satria.how,can ah?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

but guys..myvi rear fender not much to lipped in.very minimal..lass then 1inch,makes no different

armin

Feb 2, 2009
Re: Can i still use rubber damper with my GAB sport spring?

i have a question

Can i still use the rubber damper that can harden my ride? currently im using GAB spring. I need to harden the ride because my rims offset are abit off and if i carry 2 person at the back it will scratch the tyre..

can the rubber fit into lowered spring or is it only for OEM spring?

opinion please......

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
the rubber damper wont help u much, change to offset +42 rim or send to body workshop to press out a bit your rear fender, offset +42 is enough already or use 205/45/16 tire, offset +45 for rim 16" is not easy to find.... my opinion = go to body workshop to press out a bit your rear fender, don worry, they can do it without damage your body paint....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all drivers who did a drum brake to disc brake conversion, mind sharing some knowledge with me? I know the handbrake cable issue is one :burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience