need help, problem with walbro fuel pump..

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
hi all sifus out there. i notice that when i turn on d signal, the tone of the walbro fuel pump changed and follow the blinking of the signal. when the signal blinks, the sound is lighter, when is not, louder. anyone encounter this problem before? is like the signal is draining too much supply. thanks.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like inconsistent power supply there, have u checked the relay? the pump shud be getting CONSTANT voltage supply, not intermittent. get dat checked asap sir

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

there are pumps dat d voltage is fully controlled by the ecu, such as the myvi's. dats y the myvi doesnt have FPR fyi

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
thanks for the reply bro, will check it later. is on 4G93T gsr. and sometimes got "aeroplane sound" when the air cond is on.. :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
or actually your walbro taking power supply from the signal supply route???

-get the wiring check by a better wireman...

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
not sure bout it bro, everything is original. just with alarm system. :vollkommenauf:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no sir, dats not possible since d voltage requirement for the walbro is the same as the original pump. havent faced dis kinda problem, at least not yet..

aeroplane sound? lol, i call it ufo sound, anyway, both are annoying, lol.. i think dats sound system related kot, have u installed an amplifier lately? if yes, a noise suppressor shud be in order sir

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
no sir, dats not possible since d voltage requirement for the walbro is the same as the original pump. havent faced dis kinda problem, at least not yet..

aeroplane sound? lol, i call it ufo sound, anyway, both are annoying, lol.. i think dats sound system related kot, have u installed an amplifier lately? if yes, a noise suppressor shud be in order sir
nop, didnt install any accessories in the car. only alarm system. will it be they linked the supply of the fuel pump with the alarm system?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

oh ya, when i turn off d air cond, d ufo sound dissapear. lolz

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
all this problem started when u installed the alarm system ke? okie..

then, they might be a problem in the alarm wiring sir, usually on the grounding part.. did they installed proper relay for the alarm system? i usually check for this type of intermittent power supply because of inadequate relay to power the alarm system up. typical problem for non-oem alarm system, i solved dis by introducing relays for the alarm system, a relatively easy job but usually overlooked

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

oh ya, when i turn off d air cond, d ufo sound dissapear. lolz
lol, sounds to me like a definite wiring problem tu..

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
all this problem started when u installed the alarm system ke? okie..

then, they might be a problem in the alarm wiring sir, usually on the grounding part.. did they installed proper relay for the alarm system? i usually check for this type of intermittent power supply because of inadequate relay to power the alarm system up. typical problem for non-oem alarm system, i solved dis by introducing relays for the alarm system, a relatively easy job but usually overlooked

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

lol, sounds to me like a definite wiring problem tu..
damn, have to recheck d wiring system again. :bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
not necessarily the whole system sir, just check the wirings dat had been tempered jer.. u can pm me if in need of sum assistance, tq sir

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
not necessarily the whole system sir, just check the wirings dat had been tempered jer.. u can pm me if in need of sum assistance, tq sir
thanks mate, i think i will try remove those wiring of the alarm system and try. will pm u if i need any help, thanks mate. :driver:

oh ya, do u know wats d problem if the outer temp of the air cond always showing 20c?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like a sensor problem je, does ur mech installed the outside temp sensor when ur conversion was done? but, is it problematic sir? iam thinking its not..

zedkov

Jul 31, 2006
sounds like a sensor problem je, does ur mech installed the outside temp sensor when ur conversion was done? but, is it problematic sir? iam thinking its not..
hmm.. the problem came after i change my front panel and bodypart to evo. i did check back the wire of the sensor, is connected.