Preview of HIN + Widebody SL AMG Black Series - Honda Hot Import Nights Malaysia 2011

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Re: Preview of HIN + Widebody SL AMG Black Series - Honda Hot Import Nights Malaysia

Was there today but nothing much... a big disapointment! For dyno war, the dyno machine was there but no cars on it... it's like wtf!
Of course disappointing lah.. our orange monster toyota supra not taking part... sigh.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

damn..............
You lah.... if only u join.. then we got dyno war show to see mah...lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Preview of HIN + Widebody SL AMG Black Series - Honda Hot Import Nights Malaysia

Hmm planning to go there tomorrow with my family but now not sure after reading all the comments. Is it really not worth it? Are there also some exotic supercars there on display?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia

Can't expect much because we are in Malaysia ( No Babes )

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

went today....wat a bloody disappointment....

since its Hot Import Nights... i expected to see nice, clean, modded cars....

instead i get stickered up, VIPed, horrendously kitted and bulu crap there...WTF???....i mean...its supposed to be HIN... and it felt like going to those autoshow competitions where the more bulu u have the more points u get... the more horrendous ur kit is..the more points u get...sheesh....those kinda cars should stick to those events...

the only cars to me that were worthy of the HIN show were the (very) few track n drift cars...and also the cars at the dyno area (which isnt much and also not in the main area and badly lit). n the dyno area also had those horrendously kitted cars...

and the cars that were most worthy in my view to be at HIN were the cars from uber garage....which was at the badly lit dyno area!!!!

if garages like avantech or GME were to put up their race cars for showcase there it would feel more like HIN....seriously... u get more of a HIN feel walking around the pits during Sepang Drag Battle.

i dunno la...mebbe im just too influenced by pix of wekfest, spocom, eibach meet and HIN and other car meets in the US...

i do hope they do it again... but this time with proper cars..not those autoshow crap.... if this kinda crap appears at the next HIN... thatll be the last one i go to....ill just stick to KLIMS

oh and u know wats the funny part??? its supposed to be "HONDA" Hot Import Nights.....but Honda themselves only had a booth in the middle....covered by everything else around it... and only 4 cars on display... a stock CRZ.. a kitted city... 1 track FD2-R...and another modded FD2-R....

the only good thing is parking was free...and u get a dunno wat magazine with the ticket.

EDIT: forgot to mention...the R35s there were also worthy....and i especially liked the R34 with V8

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

it was ok for me i guess. get to have pics with nice cars n hot chicks~
was particularly fond of the TT police lenglui officer and the honda booth blondes~ :biggrin:

Last edited:

muzakkirosman

From Facebook
Sep 16, 2010
www.facebook.com

instead i get stickered up, VIPed, horrendously kitted and bulu crap there...WTF???....i mean...its supposed to be HIN... and it felt like going to those autoshow competitions where the more bulu u have the more points u get... the more horrendous ur kit is..the more points u get...sheesh....those kinda cars should stick to those events...

the only cars to me that were worthy of the HIN show were the (very) few track n drift cars...and also the cars at the dyno area (which isnt much and also not in the main area and badly lit). n the dyno area also had those horrendously kitted cars...

and the cars that were most worthy in my view to be at HIN were the cars from uber garage....which was at the badly lit dyno area!!!!

if garages like avantech or GME were to put up their race cars for showcase there it would feel more like HIN....seriously... u get more of a HIN feel walking around the pits during Sepang Drag Battle.

i dunno la...mebbe im just too influenced by pix of wekfest, spocom, eibach meet and HIN and other car meets in the US...

i do hope they do it again... but this time with proper cars..not those autoshow crap.... if this kinda crap appears at the next HIN... thatll be the last one i go to....ill just stick to KLIMS

oh and u know wats the funny part??? its supposed to be "HONDA" Hot Import Nights.....but Honda themselves only had a booth in the middle....covered by everything else around it... and only 4 cars on display... a stock CRZ.. a kitted city... 1 track FD2-R...and another modded FD2-R....

the only good thing is parking was free...and u get a dunno wat magazine with the ticket.

EDIT: forgot to mention...the R35s there were also worthy....and i especially liked the R34 with V8
You mean this?

View attachment 416581

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

So in summary, this is more like ricer autoshow, is it??

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site

If this was run by the real Hot Import Nights USA crew, there would have been a lot of publicity in the mainstream media like tv and radio commercials. I've been hearing lots of radio commercials on archilles formula drift instead.

That is why i was shocked to find out at the last moment about HIN when I saw the posting in this forum and could not believe if this was the real deal or some local car show using the same event name.

Last edited:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site

I too was so...SO fuggin dissapointed with HIN which was suppose to be the grandest as it was the first time held in Malaysia as to keep hardcore car lovers keep coming back for more...I've seen and been to HIN Jakarta and it was like 20x better than ours weh...I dont mind spending on airplane and hotel tix just to go to HIN Jakarta again...

For RM20 tix, it was not worth it IMHO...Maybe RM8 or RM10 max maybe I'll still reconsider it next year.

It seems that Malaysian Autoshow scene is mostly made of 50% car audio which is not my main interest anyway so maybe that's why my views on it was lopsided?

Cars from ST Wangan and McKee was awesome...the Matte Black R34 with it's 'engine' was superb. Also an EGK from UBer and a few other 4 throttle Hondas park in the dark 'parking' DynoWar section. I too was sesat until I've to go out, see the map, ask the ticket counter, walk back in, sesat masuk section and ended up just simply enquiring a dude from ExoticMods if he knows the entrance to the Dyno section..it was a door behind the cars with a fuggin small Signboard INSIDE instead of outside the door/walkway. Walked there and they told no Dyno today, only tomorrow at...AT 10AM!! WTF...ayam belakang rumah saya pon tengah pegang selimut lagi...summore SUNDAY at 10am...and I can't imagine that small space will accomodate spectators if let say people do turn up for the DynoWar...I think it was like what? 10metres of open space around the dyno machine? Damn workshops in Sunway has bigger spaces lar...

Like MadMan, I too maybe had watched too much SPOCOM, Wekfest, Eibach meet and the rest of the awesome carshows therefore I didn't put much anticipation on HINM but then...damn even that I was dissapointed.. I hope the management team do read this comment of mine...

Girls side I don't want to touch la cos its very subjective but lets just say out of all the girls there...I was quite busy looking at cars and other guy's GF... 0.o..heck I think Tom is much more sexier with his underwear showing while he busy gantung ZTH banner...

Cables and wires all over waiting for someone to trip over it, bad lighting, bad placement...modded cars and audio cars all over the place instead of maybe sectioning them easier to accomodate those who has their own interests...heck Honda put up 4 of their horses but then when I asked to open hood don't want...ceii...empty shell or wat laa...same like I watch in Honda Showroom ony nia...

Overall? 3.5 out of 10 honestly speaking. I was there for 2 hours and most of the time I just sit at the chairs trying to make best use of my spent RM20... >_<"... luckily the parking was free...and the cefiro who drifted coming out from the parking, u mad fcuker u.. :P

Those who still wish to go tomorrow, maybe here's a glimpse of what was 'available' yesterday (Saturday). Not sure what about today though... Didnt see any Merc at all...

HIN

And also Tom only bring 1 girl nia...1 GIRL ar Tom?? Where got enuff tailou... :(

Last edited:

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya

What a big disappointment and let down..Went there earlier today and i expected that the exhibition would be mind blowing or atleast entertaining but it was a major let down as mostly 90% of the cars there were cars from Malaysia and you can see most of them in Sunway,entrance fee was RM20 and it was a big wastage for me,walking around only took about 10minutes and there was basically nothing interesting about the whole exhibit itself..Organizers should have put it alot more effort in making it a proper exhibit,nonetheless it wasnt worth it at all and if anyone wants to go for it im notifying you guys and girls not to waste your cash..:sleep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, i was looking at my car just now and i noticed there's a crack at the front panel of the body frame (the part near those radiators / behind the bumper). There's a crack and i'm worried my whole front part will fall apart.

Could you guys recommend what i should do and any workshop is good in repairing or fixing this.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience