Pls suggest which engine should i choose

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Icic, So ur car must be fast :D:driver:

no la.. paiseh la my car jz stock lol... tat is my opinion only !!!
i jz graduate le, if can find gud job then got money can start mods like ur...:burnout:

If u havent started mod then better dun start mod it...once u start mod is hard to stop hahaha. Neverending spending money. For me is too late to turn back time hahaha.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

85mm only? cannot be! u surely will want 89mm!

anyway, building a b20 with a b16a head requires alot of additional funds, as u need to do head works as well .. that's why i scraped my project.. =Pp

85mm enough lo..close to 2liter if use with b18cr crank. The reason i dont go for b20b is bcos so many ppl's b20b end up in workshop most of the time. So bro u using wat engine now?

lucian^^Gk

Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
If u havent started mod then better dun start mod it...once u start mod is hard to stop hahaha. Neverending spending money. For me is too late to turn back time hahaha.

hehehe... not oni ur say mods is money wasted !!! coz few ppl aso got advise me better don mods ur car coz in the ends u feel it is a big mistake. But is kind of hard le, i still young lol:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

b20b block is not reliable ?

b16a head + b20b block, this setup so many ppl say gud le...

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005

hehehe... not oni ur say mods is money wasted !!! coz few ppl aso got advise me better don mods ur car coz in the ends u feel it is a big mistake. But is kind of hard le, i still young lol:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

b20b block is not reliable ?

b16a head + b20b block, this setup so many ppl say gud le...

B20b if rev below 7500rpm should be ok. Maybe u can try this build below if u want more reliable.

1. B18cr + 85mm custom sleeve and piston.
2. B20b block with b18cr engine internal + aftermarket 84mm or rebore to 85mm piston.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
im running on a b16a only bro. 16a head + 20b block is a good pair, since all the b-series heads are almost identical (except the gsr) only minor difference in terms of valve angles...

if u pair a 16a head with a 20b block - u'll need some head works. port and polish. its not just as simple as sending ur head to port and polish... u need the precise calculation as to how much to port etc, else it will affect air flow velocity and volume.

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
im running on a b16a only bro. 16a head + 20b block is a good pair, since all the b-series heads are almost identical (except the gsr) only minor difference in terms of valve angles...

if u pair a 16a head with a 20b block - u'll need some head works. port and polish. its not just as simple as sending ur head to port and polish... u need the precise calculation as to how much to port etc, else it will affect air flow velocity and volume.
So bro no future planning to change type r engine?

lucian^^Gk

Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
B20b if rev below 7500rpm should be ok. Maybe u can try this build below if u want more reliable.

1. B18cr + 85mm custom sleeve and piston.
2. B20b block with b18cr engine internal + aftermarket 84mm or rebore to 85mm piston.

how reliable is it... newbie in car mods !!! :driver:
btw, my car is 4th Gen Civic. Did u know bout car mods law :hmmmm:
i been told by sum1 if engine transplant maximum increase in cc is 300 !!!
which mean 1.3 only can go until 1.6 :idea:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

we shall leave the decision up to my bank account!

u shall leave the decision to Toto & Magnum...:biggrin::biggrin:

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
how reliable is it... newbie in car mods !!! :driver:
btw, my car is 4th Gen Civic. Did u know bout car mods law :hmmmm:
i been told by sum1 if engine transplant maximum increase in cc is 300 !!!
which mean 1.3 only can go until 1.6 :idea:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

u shall leave the decision to Toto & Magnum...:biggrin::biggrin:
Personaly i havent build a b18cr with 85mm bore but only heard from forumer and other experiance ppl. Rebore and use bigger piston is better then longer stroke bcos of the r/s ratio. But u must change the sleeve to darton and use a suitable piston. Im also newbie in B-series engine mod still learning....maybe other experiance forumer can tell u more about this build.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i have no exprience but i can tell u, sleeving in malaysia is questionable. our machinist are all... "malaysia boleh" attitude... so if it was me, i wouldn't do it.. hahahaha...

lucian^^Gk

Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
Personaly i havent build a b18cr with 85mm bore but only heard from forumer and other experiance ppl. Rebore and use bigger piston is better then longer stroke bcos of the r/s ratio. But u must change the sleeve to darton and use a suitable piston. Im also newbie in B-series engine mod still learning....maybe other experiance forumer can tell u more about this build.

but for me, b18cR is enough for me even it is in stock condition. :driver:

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

i have no exprience but i can tell u, sleeving in malaysia is questionable. our machinist are all... "malaysia boleh" attitude... so if it was me, i wouldn't do it.. hahahaha...

lol... maybe u can hire oversea pro tuner to do it for u.:biggrin::biggrin:

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents