Please advice (gearbox)

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Please advice~

i'm having problem with my gearbox, manual. there is sound and hard for me to change gear from 1st to 2st +3st. 4st and 5st not problem.

So myself told of a new gearbox since it already 9yrs already.

My ride is a 1.6 dohc.

should i go for a 4G91/4G92 or 4G93 gearbox. don't think wanna try 4G15 gearbox..

Please advice

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
thanks for the advice,
told want to do that also but last 3months, the workshop guy say the oil still can use
(I donno what it means by that lah) but that time 1st and 2st problem only now is getting worst days by days..

Care advice me what do i need to change my gearbox oil. Maybe will send back to proton service center to get it done

1. gearbox oil
2. ???

Halbreg

Aug 17, 2005
Spain
Trex92 is right.
Changes the gear oil again, and if is necessary, change it again. It happened to me with a new car, and I changed three times in one week until it was resolved.
Greetings.

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
may be the synchonizer ring need to replace...

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
thanks guys and girls for the info..
any good workshop into to me?
what is this synchonizer ring? my god.. dont thinkthe chinese workshop guys will understand ..
care leave down your phone no so i can call your guys....

speedking said:
may be the synchonizer ring need to replace...

TXtreme

Jul 15, 2005
Shah Alam
elo guys,
need to overhaul that gearbox...problems maybe some stopper ring 'patah' or bearing sudah pecah lorrr

jzhost

Known Member
Sep 8, 2004
try use red line mtl oil 1st, dont overhaul before you try.

the problem happens to me with mivec gb. now solve. 2sen help

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
thanks again guys and girls,

let just hope after oil change, the problem will be solve.
you know now like when i happy happy rav my car to 5K ++ from 1st gear
then want to change to 2st and 3st suddenly it jam..
no fun already and ur friends already get pass you .. sad case

btw myself need more info on gear as well

i know that 1.8 and 1.6 clutch is different so if i change my ori gearbox
from 4G92 to 4G93 means i need to change the clutch as well?
blurr blurr

Last edited:

TXtreme

Jul 15, 2005
Shah Alam
come on brader, there is no different of 4G92/4G93 gearbox. Protons are using same gearbox for 1.6/1.8 except waja n gen-2.
Need to check yur clutch also. I have experience very difficult to shift 1st to 2nd gear on high rpm. After I changed the clutch plate, it's ok already!

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
My car is now 12yrs old.I bought it when it was 10yrs.Had no problems for about 1 year.1 fine day,brought to the mech an ask to check why not feeling powerfull.Mech said change clutch plate.Change the hole set.After change had problem changing gear like urs.Brought back to the shop and mech said this and that rubish.Change oil three times and put gear box oil treatment.After that ok.Now after 1 year having the same problem,tambah teruk lagi my clutch got funny noise.Took to Proton Edar.They told me clutch plate out and poor installation by the last mech.Now ok after P.E did it.The moral of the story is plz refer to Proton Edar or EON expert.

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
TXtreme said:
come on brader, there is no different of 4G92/4G93 gearbox. Protons are using same gearbox for 1.6/1.8 except waja n gen-2.
Need to check yur clutch also. I have experience very difficult to shift 1st to 2nd gear on high rpm. After I changed the clutch plate, it's ok already!
I'm not sure ur definition of "same", the 1.6 and 1.8 gear box ratio are diff even though the casing is the same.. gen2 and waja of course la diff than 4g92, engine orientation already terbalik woo..

soft muffin,
if u merely change gearbox, no problem to fit in ur old clutch.. there is no diff in engine power so it shuld be able to handle, unless if it is badly worn.. then better change to new clutch.. But if it was me, i would straight change to 8.5" lighten ones, better response abit laa.. want more respond than use 3 puk laa..

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
hI all,

news update~

Already change the gearbox oil but still same problem.
The proton service center told me it because of the some gigi inside the gearbox is faulty.
So all i need to do is just change the gigi (not sure what tat items call) only.
Do anyone noe how much is this gigi things?

BTW
Mine is a 4G92 block which means i'm using 8" clutch. I just wonder, if i fix back my ori gearbox (1.6 one) can i still change mine 8" clutch to 8.5" since 8.5 is for `1.8?

Please advice?

tajulsans said:
I'm not sure ur definition of "same", the 1.6 and 1.8 gear box ratio are diff even though the casing is the same.. gen2 and waja of course la diff than 4g92, engine orientation already terbalik woo..

soft muffin,
if u merely change gearbox, no problem to fit in ur old clutch.. there is no diff in engine power so it shuld be able to handle, unless if it is badly worn.. then better change to new clutch.. But if it was me, i would straight change to 8.5" lighten ones, better response abit laa.. want more respond than use 3 puk laa..

jzhost

Known Member
Sep 8, 2004
1.8 and 1.6 gb ration is totally diff. you will lose all your power is you changed to 1.8 when ur engine is 1.6

i think it might be a syncro problem most likely, if you could get a cheap 1.6 gb, just get it and dump inside the hood, save time and money, else go and repair

usually will cost you nearly 500 or more.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Recently I had enough of my NA-ed 4G93P engine. I want to add a turbocharger to it.

Please don't mind my noob-ness, but the questions are, what turbocharger to get?

Do I need a waste-gate?

Also, if the inter-cooler is important, should I get a really good one? (more expensive :( )

Do I have to throw away my old 4-2-1 extractor?

My car is auto, I don't plan to change it to a manual transmission, so I should probably just install a not very high end turbocharger?

I heard that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience