Convert B8T 210 4wd gear box to 2wd! Please Help!!!

stanzai

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifus out there,

I am currently facing a problem here, I have bought a mazda B8T 210 engine and it is in the midst of transfering it into my mazda astina.

The problem now is, the mechanic told me that he could help me lock the 4wd gb by welding it and eventually turning it into a 2wd. He has send to some machining shop but he told me its might leak and wont last long. So he say better source for TX3 or a b6 gb.

Please Please Please helppppp! Its been 3 months already.:confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure if it is the same, but my VR4 4WD gear box also welded to become 2WD. Use for 12 years already.....

stanzai

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure if it is the same, but my VR4 4WD gear box also welded to become 2WD. Use for 12 years already.....
Hey bro, yea man, heard from another friend of mine as well that its quite practical to weld it but dunnoe why my mechanic cant do it.

My car is currently at a workshop in subang area. Can you recommend me any mechanics that might help me with this thing? Quite waste if I have to sell of this current gear box because the ratio is relatively good.

Thanks man!!

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Yea bro definitely it might help..thanks !!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey bro, yea man, heard from another friend of mine as well that its quite practical to weld it but dunnoe why my mechanic cant do it.

My car is currently at a workshop in subang area. Can you recommend me any mechanics that might help me with this thing? Quite waste if I have to sell of this current gear box because the ratio is relatively good.

Thanks man!!
Mechanic have to know which gear to weld, then tell welder to weld. Mechanic has to open up, welder only do (weld) as asked....

stanzai

Oct 3, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mechanic have to know which gear to weld, then tell welder to weld. Mechanic has to open up, welder only do (weld) as asked....
Hey bro, my mechanic told me he send to 2 machining shop oso cant weld, he say not confident might leak. Den i tell him to rojak/hybrid my gb, den he say complicated. Does this mean my mechanic abit noob ar? haha..

Seriously at this point, i just hope he could just source the gb for me and fix it as soon as possible. But if u have any mechanic recommendation, just let me know tho. Thanks.

Cheers!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey bro, my mechanic told me he send to 2 machining shop oso cant weld, he say not confident might leak. Den i tell him to rojak/hybrid my gb, den he say complicated. Does this mean my mechanic abit noob ar? haha..

Seriously at this point, i just hope he could just source the gb for me and fix it as soon as possible. But if u have any mechanic recommendation, just let me know tho. Thanks.

Cheers!
Not too sure which gear they weld, but leak? you mean oil leak, but welding inside gear, not sure why they mention leak?
Actually my syncro for 2nd gear was damaged, so difficult to engage 2nd gear at higher speed, so bought another gear box to replace. But mechanic mentioned have to take out and weld again the new box, so he just took out the 2nd gear syncro and exchange with old box, so no need to weld....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive been putting a lot of thought into starting a business , handphones especially. everyone owns a handphone and everyone i know change them ever so frequently . My question is , If you were to start your own handphone shop , where would you start and how would you go about it ? ( i really dont know btw , hehehe )

Your thoughts and opinion would really help , Cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience