Shah Alam
i love whipped potato.. hahahaha

whipped cream also nice..

but i don't like this :thefinger:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ Haha, whipped potato? I think we call it mashed potato here. Yeah, I not a fan of being whipped either. Not kinky enough for that sort of stuff, LOL. But you were right, it's meant to be like whipped cream, since the car is white :congrats:

I attended a Toyota meet last night and a friend of mine snapped some shots of my car:

Also, finally got my door cards reupholstered with the Corolla GT fabric (fabric transferred from one set of door cards to the other). I've had the GT seats installed for about 18-months, but never got around to getting the door card fabric transferred across because every upholsterer I went to wanted to charge between $500-700 :eek: (couldn't just swap the GT door cards straight over because the plastic was grey, whereas the interior plastic in my SE Limited is plum).

A lot of places didn't even want to attempt the job, mainly because the door card was all one piece, so they'd have to tuck it in perfectly whilst also lining up the holes for the electric window switch etc. Ended up finding an Indian guy who has been in the business for 50-years that was willing to do it for $180. Dropped it off yesterday before lunch and it was ready at 11am this morning :biggrin:

Here's the result:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
This arrived from Japan this morning - An OEM cabin filter. It was a very rare optional extra, and I didn't even know it existed until about 6-months ago. I managed to find the rare cabin filter door to hold it in, so have been waiting for this to arrive. I installed it about half an hour ago, so here's some pics of the filter, door and finished product:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
That's new! 101 got cabin filter? I thought they said old cars do not have. Few weeks back I went to parts shop to ask if my 111 uses cabin filter and they said no! I wasn't surprised because older cars do not use them. But here you got one for your 101.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
That's new! 101 got cabin filter? I thought they said old cars do not have. Few weeks back I went to parts shop to ask if my 111 uses cabin filter and they said no! I wasn't surprised because older cars do not use them. But here you got one for your 101.
Yep, however it was only available as an optional extra. All AE100/AE101 Corolla's, Sprinter's, Levin's, Trueno's, Marino's and Ceres' have the space for a cabin filter, but very few actually had the door fitted in place from factory. On models without the door the hole where the filter goes was just filled in with plastic, so all you have to do is cut through the plastic to expose the hole underneath. Then you insert the filter, put the door in place and secure it with the four push-type clips (there are already eyelets underneath for these to go into).

Most AE110 and AE111 Levins also had the provision for a cabin filter too, but only some AE111 Corollas did. Take a look under your dashboard on the passenger's side and see if you have any eyelets under there. If you do, I'll sell you a rare filter door and you can just order the filter from Japan. The reason why the dealers/part shops say that they don't exist is because they're so rare and virtually nobody knows about them.

Here's what it should look like if you don't have the cabin filter installed from factory:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
woo..nice info..

i'll look for my cabin filter too.. as soon as i have the time :wink:

this thread could be the most complete OEM information thread for AE101.. ever!!

Good job, Kiwi-Corolla

keep it coming

:biggrin:

mobil_rusak

Dec 7, 2011
East Jakarta
Is it Fullthrottle id in modcom, one of the members AE101 Ranger?? I'm so admiring with all cars member's of AE101 Ranger.. Keep up the good spirit for Corolla lovers.. :D

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
woo..nice info..

i'll look for my cabin filter too.. as soon as i have the time :wink:

this thread could be the most complete OEM information thread for AE101.. ever!!

Good job, Kiwi-Corolla

keep it coming

:biggrin:
Thanks bro. If you're after the most complete OEM AE101 information thread ever, take a look at this link :biggrin:

Corolla Optional Extras & OEM Features - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Is it Fullthrottle id in modcom, one of the members AE101 Ranger?? I'm so admiring with all cars member's of AE101 Ranger.. Keep up the good spirit for Corolla lovers.. :D
Yep, that's me. Thanks buddy. Much appreciated.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Yep, however it was only available as an optional extra. All AE100/AE101 Corolla's, Sprinter's, Levin's, Trueno's, Marino's and Ceres' have the space for a cabin filter, but very few actually had the door fitted in place from factory. On models without the door the hole where the filter goes was just filled in with plastic, so all you have to do is cut through the plastic to expose the hole underneath. Then you insert the filter, put the door in place and secure it with the four push-type clips (there are already eyelets underneath for these to go into).

Most AE110 and AE111 Levins also had the provision for a cabin filter too, but only some AE111 Corollas did. Take a look under your dashboard on the passenger's side and see if you have any eyelets under there. If you do, I'll sell you a rare filter door and you can just order the filter from Japan. The reason why the dealers/part shops say that they don't exist is because they're so rare and virtually nobody knows about them.

Here's what it should look like if you don't have the cabin filter installed from factory:

Bro Kiwi, thank you for sharing such a useful information!!!:five:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
We've had a lot of rain here lately (and it's meant to be summer, lol), but the sun finally arrived today so I decided to make the most of it and snap a few pics of the Corolla:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Nice corolla guys... This thread just makes me more and more high... We should seriously consider a union or club man...
Yo bro, maybe u can start organise a mega gathering for TOYOTA AE group in Malaysia. Sure support!!!:wavey:
*excuse me for using bro Kiwi thread again:):itsme:

Last edited:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ No problem bro, I hope you get a good turnout :)

I made the most of the good weather today and took some photos:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm wanted to paint my car before CNY, any recommended place to go for? cheap cheap one and quality not bad also la...

my base is white colour, so i need only to paint a layer of white onto it, maybe 2k white, champion white or the white colour like DC2 one..

how much does it cost? some quote me Rm1200, some above RM1500... 1200 is ok, but heard workmanship is so so only..

anyway, my budget are around Rm1.2k... if can get...

thanks zthians :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience