Persona Elegance with many problems?

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
whoaahhh......i am just giving information on cars taxes...don't get so emotional. u can always make your own choice.

i agreed with foofis "it is even pointless to budget like hell n to own one troublesome proton....." . Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
just live our life within our comfort zone. no point buying cars beyond our ability and then suffer with it. buying a national car is actually a way of owning a brand new car with the budget of second hand price....somehow ppl's perception is proton or perodua give lotsa problem...but there are happy customers...so its very subjective. make yr own decision.....no point to fight for who is right or wrong...we cant decide for anyone...you decide for yourself...we can just share opinions.....i am happy with proton, some are not...be with it...lets continue our sharing....cheerz guys~!

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
just live our life within our comfort zone. no point buying cars beyond our ability and then suffer with it. buying a national car is actually a way of owning a brand new car with the budget of second hand price....somehow ppl's perception is proton or perodua give lotsa problem...but there are happy customers...so its very subjective. make yr own decision.....no point to fight for who is right or wrong...we cant decide for anyone...you decide for yourself...we can just share opinions.....i am happy with proton, some are not...be with it...lets continue our sharing....cheerz guys~!
i agree. this tread is sharing problem/opinion of persona elegance not for car tax. i oso happy with my persona elegance.
Evo Z, u drive persona B or M line? juz wan ask u how many click of ur handbrake( brake drum)? mine 1 is about 3/4 click to tight handbrake.i wori too much click ll make the brake low initial bite.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
evoz...i bought it thru my fren working in proton somewhere at federal highway branch ....

artworkz...evoz driving evo 7 or evo8, cant remember...used to be up for sale..not sure whether he sold it or not......if not mistaken he is selling proton car, not using 1.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i agree on jerry tan "Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive."

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
evoz...i bought it thru my fren working in proton somewhere at federal highway branch ....

artworkz...evoz driving evo 7 or evo8, cant remember...used to be up for sale..not sure whether he sold it or not......if not mistaken he is selling proton car, not using 1.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i agree on jerry tan "Japanese car is not expensive, the tax make it expensive."
but bro evo Z say "with his heavy foot, he can get 6.3liter/100km " . so i guess his also have 1 unit persona.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i agree. this tread is sharing problem/opinion of persona elegance not for car tax. i oso happy with my persona elegance.
Evo Z, u drive persona B or M line? juz wan ask u how many click of ur handbrake( brake drum)? mine 1 is about 3/4 click to tight handbrake.i wori too much click ll make the brake low initial bite.
mine bout 4 click(if u want it to lock tight, step on the brake pedal & pull yr handbrake then release yr foot once the handbrake is tighten) it will lock firm....its a persona m-line auto year make:2009.
oic.....i think u bought it from eon branches...but now all become edar already....
my evo7 sold early this month......so now no more weekend car....my persona is my 7days a week car...hahaahahaaa, not working in proton but know some friends in there....

but bro evo Z say "with his heavy foot, he can get 6.3liter/100km " . so i guess his also have 1 unit persona.
haha....my heavy foot can get 6.8litre/100km but if i step a bit gentle can reach 6.3litre/100km...but i sent it to svc few times:itsme: to adjust for better fuel consumption....

Allantansc

Dec 29, 2004
Hi All Sifu,
I am thinking of changing my aged 6 years old wira ab SE. My first thought was the new Proton Persona. But after seeing this forum of all comments from Persona owners, I am staying put now.
I wonder how is the fuel efficiency of Proton Persona? currently my Wira AB SE is doing 320-350km for full tank.
Please advice.
Thank you.

Jul 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi to all driver of proton persona,

my purpose to open this topic of discussion is to get the feedback or an opinion or solution from the new proton persona elegance that had been launched recently in mac 2010. The reason is i just bought my own persona elegance for a month period but there have been several problem occured or more precisely, after one problem solved there will be another mess occured. Not my intention to downgrade proton but in term of payment... I have to commit for 9 years. Therefore i need to know if there is another driver of proton persona facing the same problem that i had of worse and to get know how to solve it.

1st problem
when i change to first gear, the engine always off.

Fixed after i sent to sc for 1000km service. The reason is fuse not tight or loose somehow. After a few days, while i was climbing a hill with my car; one major problem had occured which almost cause an accident with another car behind my car. The engine suddenly off many times on the hills. Lucky i manage to pull the handbrake & press the paddle brake. I'm stunned awhile. This car haven't go to a highest hill like genting highland. This weekend i'll try to drive it with my mechanic friend on genting. If the engine off again, i had to send the car to sc "again"...

2nd problem

i start the car and move like 2 feet and the engine goes off. I start the engine again, and the car suddenly like being posses. Hi-rev/rpm meter always jumping high. I haven't touch anything and step the accelerator at all. The engine indicator turn on also. I do feel scared after that and use my bike to go to work. Afraid like those people in america that having problem with their toyota car that suddenly went wild to 160km/h.
So i bring the car again to sc. I always take a leave due to this problem that i didn't do. Even my boss ask me "i thought you bought a car can come early to work because of the commitment to pay but instead another situation happen..". Can you imagine how you felt if you in that kinda situation.

The problem solve, ecu problem. Fixed after they diagnose and reset using their equipment and computer.

3rd problem

when i always using the brake, there is some uneasy noise coming from behind of my car. Like the wheel is going to loose or something similar.

This problem i haven't solve yet because it's new problem that occured. So i have to go to sc again. No time at the moment.

4th problem

fuel consumption is like really fast...not an economical car. I just fill in the car with rm100. Finish within a week. I just use the car to go to work and head back home. The distance is 20km x 5 days = 100km/rm100? That's a waste. I thought this car a family car which should be an economical car.
Back then i was using satria mivec 1.8 turbo = rm50 with the same distance. :hmmmm: In term of fuel consumption, this car is expensive than my previous mivec turbo...:bawling: Is this for real?...:adore: "miss my old satria"

sometimes, i feel regret buying this car. I'm the one in the family that bought a proton car for the first time. I thought i can depend on it because it's a national car. (i'd listen to my girlfriend because soon i will be engage & marry. Buy a family car that suit for us). But it turn to be instead of it. Totally regret. It is not "elegance" at all & i feel cheated about my car now. The test drive car is much more better than this. How is this happening.

So... Pls share feedback about proton persona elegance.thanks.
i actually wanna complain , i have purchased this persona elegance on may 11th 2010, i am having breaks issue since days 3. 1st it seemed that break disk was not balanced properly so i went to proton service center in taman midah (kl) they said they fixed the issue , to be shocked with another problem which is whenever i break, it makes a noisy sound . So i went to bandar tun razak center which is the main center. I came there 4 times waiting mininmum of 3 painful hours each visit without a solution , so we had to set an appointment with the vendor , his name is nizam (malay) i test drive the car and explained to him about the issue, i even made him hear some recordings i have made proving that i have breaks issue. He took the car for another 3 hours, and he came telling there was an issue from the other taman midah made a mistake removing some clip etc etc. So i asked him "is the problem fixed ????" he confirmed "yes no more voice", i was like ok . The 1st traffice light i stopped at after i came out of the service center , the annoying sound came up again , steering wheel and padels shackes some more on high speed which only happned after he touched my car ,

please help me passing this msg to the right person co this is seriously annoying and i am totally helpless now ,

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
evoz..oOo ya i remembered u told me u have a persona b4..
so since u sold your weekend ride, wat car u plan to get?
thinking of just driving my persona for time being. save some $$$ and then see got any good one for sale.

dunno you guys believe or not. my persona fuel consumption getting better & better lately. maybe i been driving it on highway all the time coz i lives far away from workplace.....pls see attachment. 100% true. but my usual FC is 6.8litre/100km. but this one i recorded it somewhere in june 2010. mine is auto m-line 2009.

Attachments

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
Not bad wor, not even full tank already jalan 700+km. Sorry, is this for real?
This is highway or city driving reading?
never highway. even 5th gear oso a while. juz driving around small town. my fren persona auto (2009)highway can clock 6.5-7.0 liter/100km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuO7v-FN0gY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="250" width="335"></iframe>

What Top Gear would look like in the future when all car reviews are done through driving simulators like say, Gran Turismo 10. In this video you'd see Jeremy Clarkson being artificially embedded into the 3D world of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience