Performance Plug Cable for B series

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
I have dig all the old thread and still confuse which one good enuf .. some say nology good .. some say not good .. some say spoon and so on ....

Whats the difference between red and blue color ? I'm not looking for high performance meant for track but just enuff giving a better response for daily driving, reliability, and doesnt harm my engine and its parts ... Coz some say nology will make our spark plug easy to kong la ..

Pls comment ... TQ

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
I have dig all the old thread and still confuse which one good enuf .. some say nology good .. some say not good .. some say spoon and so on ....

Whats the difference between red and blue color ? I'm not looking for high performance meant for track but just enuff giving a better response for daily driving, reliability, and doesnt harm my engine and its parts ... Coz some say nology will make our spark plug easy to kong la ..

Pls comment ... TQ
Refer to the tread - 'modification that don't work' - conclusion is go buy new oem and don't pay additional $$$ for aftermarket as the difference is negligable. 1 person dyno-tested and nology sapped 7 hp i.e. - 7 hp using nology.

I always suspected as I could not feel any difference despite change plug cables for several of my cars (all hondas) including spitfire & ngk.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
IMHO,if ur engine is relatively stock...stick 2 OEM..n yes,purchasing brand new OEM will gif u improved performance as u cud b loosing sum power due 2 d wear & tear of d seasoned plug cables.
but as for Nology sapping hp,i beg 2 differ.n too many pages on dat 'modification that don't work' thread,cudn't catch up lar.....
anyway,i sure hope d dyno was carried whr d Nology is brand new or is in good working condition...coz used Nology r quite fame 2 haf intermittent problem..i went thru 2 sets b4 settling on my current Nology whc do really help in high rpm range....n do keep in mind,nology oso got fake 1 ler..hehehehhe

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Any comments on Sun Nology and Inadzma Nology ... whats the differ? I know its not helping on HP but settle my jerking prob when changing the gear. Let say I aim for stage 1 mods ... is it performance plug cable helping on response or its just a myth

I aim for new one not used ... Let say between Spoon n Nology which one u prefer?

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
IMHO,if ur engine is relatively stock...stick 2 OEM..n yes,purchasing brand new OEM will gif u improved performance as u cud b loosing sum power due 2 d wear & tear of d seasoned plug cables.
but as for Nology sapping hp,i beg 2 differ.n too many pages on dat 'modification that don't work' thread,cudn't catch up lar.....
anyway,i sure hope d dyno was carried whr d Nology is brand new or is in good working condition...coz used Nology r quite fame 2 haf intermittent problem..i went thru 2 sets b4 settling on my current Nology whc do really help in high rpm range....n do keep in mind,nology oso got fake 1 ler..hehehehhe
the set was new sir, dont worry..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
the set was new sir, dont worry..
Speaking of the devil :proud: Mayb u can share ur nology xperience with TS.

The time when i was shopping for plug cables most shops recommend nology - of course-la it is THE MOST XPENSIVE cables + fancy grounding cables attached. But the thought of spending so much $$$ on a questionable mod :stupid:

But when I look at poremen cars, mostly using oem or NGK blue so went with ngk - IMO still waste of $$$

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
it wasnt on my car sir, i wont waste money on sumthing as expensive in the first place also. it was on a customer's car, we did a run before the nology was installed in, got a reading. then installed the nology, got a reading, depreciated 7hp. aik??!!! owner lagi bengang, 780hengget tu!!! then change back to the original used set, got back dat 7hp, aik??!!!

hahaha, then i started my so-called research on which is the best cable, bang for ur buck. nuthing beats the oem, cheaper and performs better then a set of 700++ cable :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

plus, iam not the devil sir, at least not yet.. :grow fangs:

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
it wasnt on my car sir, i wont waste money on sumthing as expensive in the first place also. it was on a customer's car, we did a run before the nology was installed in, got a reading. then installed the nology, got a reading, depreciated 7hp. aik??!!! owner lagi bengang, 780hengget tu!!! then change back to the original used set, got back dat 7hp, aik??!!!

hahaha, then i started my so-called research on which is the best cable, bang for ur buck. nuthing beats the oem, cheaper and performs better then a set of 700++ cable :chuckle:
got also so called performance plug cable which is cheaper than OEM hehehe

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
got also so called performance plug cable which is cheaper than OEM hehehe
no doubt sir, i especially like the bosch cables, but very hard to source out for my 4efte, so i went to custom a set for my engine. i used a set of trd 4efte plugs, and this custom unit is way2 better then a used trd. yeah, yeah.. i heard u, comparing a used unit with a brand-new-outta-the-box, mana adil kan? but when comparing a set of used trd costs around 300 nowadays, which one wud u use sir? id choose the custom made brandless (well, maybe i can rebrand it to XL(XtremeLeo) engineering? lol) everytime

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
no doubt sir, i especially like the bosch cables, but very hard to source out for my 4efte, so i went to custom a set for my engine. i used a set of trd 4efte plugs, and this custom unit is way2 better then a used trd. yeah, yeah.. i heard u, comparing a used unit with a brand-new-outta-the-box, mana adil kan? but when comparing a set of used trd costs around 300 nowadays, which one wud u use sir? id choose the custom made brandless (well, maybe i can rebrand it to XL(XtremeLeo) engineering? lol) everytime
Do u mean the performance plug cable not perform as their advertisement? U say that u custom ur cable ... what is the factor consider to ensure the engine having or sufficient with spark produced ... cable size? material? I just wonder if the plug supply too much, too less or just a correct supply to the engine. Thx for sharing

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Do u mean the performance plug cable not perform as their advertisement? U say that u custom ur cable ... what is the factor consider to ensure the engine having or sufficient with spark produced ... cable size? material? I just wonder if the plug supply too much, too less or just a correct supply to the engine. Thx for sharing
sorry for the late reply sir

most of them dont, like i always said, marketeer.. i customized my cable because its next to impossible to find a new set of spark plug cable for my engine, so i find a company dat may be able to perform it. it wasnt cheap if i may add, but was well worth it

sizes, material, all contribute to the performance sir, but the main thing is the interference is kept at bay, to keep the voltage level stable, so the outer jacket is the most important part, i think magnecor uses this approach in the cable design. i dont think too much a spark will do any damage to ur engine, not if the tuning is done correctly.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sizes= bigger better..???
not necessarily true sir, although from resistance pov, bigger diameter does decrease the resistance.

most of the cable resistance ive meassured is around 9~20 ohm jer (some of the cap ayam has less resistance then the so-called performance cable :shrug: i dunno?), so dat doesnt contribute much to decrease the level of voltage (in the range of tenth of thousand, usually around 30k volts) transmitted through the cable, but id rather pay much attention to the interference contribute by the cable to its surroundings and most importantly, from the surroundings to the cables.

the main thing is, the outer layer dat is used to avoid radio/ magnetic interference. the inner core uses carbon to cut cost imo, id rather have metal core if i have dat option

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know,what is the price now for suzuki swift.

the most basic spec?

i remember i have come across around Rm60k~

is that true?i dont really remember. :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience