Perdana V6 or Civic 1.7..which to pick?

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
1.7 civic is under powered, consider take perdana V6 then source a manual tranny from eterna confirm u damn happy face...

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
how u gonna compare Proton with Honda? u want power, plenty problems go V6..Honda 1 time service equivalent Proton 6 times service lol~

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, proton is shitty all the time, all models except Perdana V6 which is a good car. It is famous for its autogbox problem, so swap it with an Eterna manual gbox, and the perdana v6 is a very powerful executive car.

What u paying for the honda civic 1.7 is its taxes, not it's quality. And to spend that kind of money getting stupid 1700cc underpowered engine, I rather not.

For 60-70k, there are so much wise choices can be made.

PS: Sorry, if i piss off anyone.

mywife

Dec 19, 2009
Johor Bahru
just plonk a K20A from DC5 to make ur 1.7 -> 2.0L...
Heheh...engine swapping ker? that's just what i want to stay away from :itsme:
Better off with stock for me.

1.7 civic is under powered, consider take perdana V6 then source a manual tranny from eterna confirm u damn happy face...
Share the car with my wife..so i think not wise la to switch it to manual. Besides, i'm begining to like auto transmission very much. So, switching gb is simply out of question for me :rolleyes:

Hello tigger5251 & xero...thanks on your inputs too!
I'm sure you're not pissing anybody off here but you're pissing me off with my decision...your statements really change my perception on why we're paying a handsome sum of money on foreign cars hahhaa :biggrin:

Ben7

From Facebook
Dec 26, 2009
i would go for perdana.. this car is very comfort and very class. go for 18" and u gotta love it.. for the tranny problem i have no idea since i using manual n tip top cond so far. bigger space and v6 engine drive smoothly.. feel the cruising on freeway i promise that u wil happy wat u pay.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i'm an ES2 driver myself n i dun find any problems if u could afford the car, eventhough its abit underpowered but still comfortable, obviously if u wanted to compare qualities between ES and V6? hhhmmm...as i mentioned earlier if u wan cheap, powerful, but problematic car (especially gb) car go Proton V6..even a kancil L2 turbo can fly lor but hmmm...?? soli for pissing off anyone especially mywife for messing ur decision :D

Ben7

From Facebook
Dec 26, 2009
im with perdana more than 5 year bought from used car, i only spen on signal bulb few times, altenator once, tire 3x chg, replace digital ac relay rm 20.. other is chg engine oil, filter as instructed in mileage, n recently gb oil became twice. also coolant 3x.. belting 2x.. u can shoot how much it cost.. i traveling long distance.

my suggestion.. since ur budjet 50 k and worried bout gb prob, buy se around 17 - 20 k convert turbo or n/a with auto transmision cost around 7k for turbo.. total service here & there include wear n tear total not more than 15 k, normaly + 1 - 2 k only.. then u still have 30 k balance, spare on bodypart v6 alpha rm500+ paint rm2k+ rims 18 around rm2.5k.. rm2k for adjustable then u have a god ride.. balance rm 15-20 k u can bring family go holiday or spending on family purpose..

now u have turbo car *optinal* & yet more power, if ur feet itchy simply floor the padle and boosting without killing the luxurious and comfortable.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro, if budget is 50-75k then i will suggest ES, resell value after 10yrs still awesome compare to perdana. Drove perdana b4, comfortable and gb doesn't give me problem, but think abt the depreciation and it's totally turn me off unless you only wanna spend minimal amount to get a SE.

Cheaper tax, cheaper maintenance, better mileage, BRANDED somemore...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
OH and btw, the civic's rear floor is 100% flat with no middle hump and it also has more legroom compared to the perdana :biggrin:

Go for civic maaan :P

Ben7

From Facebook
Dec 26, 2009
i drive v6 its feel like driving my parent accord . and yet my previous 1.7 also got few prob which is gb syncro even i using recommended gb oil by honda 1.. ab, and some wiring issues.. but i dont denied both car super sporty cool, and honda market price is higher coz of brand and legend. same with grand livina actually is cheaper a lot than exora.. but becoz of tax thing to be legal cost u more $$$. and dont forget if u drop in evo 3 simply gain 270 power also alot of performance parts which is fit ur bajet. juz to share about the passion. hehe

JaSON5878

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Hi Mywife....

I never drive a civic 1.7 before, but I owned Honda Integra & v6 before.

As for the problematic V6 gearbox, what I can advice is you really need to inspect the car carefully before you buy it. Since some of the owner sell it due to the gearbox problem.
For myself, my previous v6 never give any problems at all. The maintenance is cheap since I normally will buy the parts and send it to my friend's workshop. As for the quality, 70% of the parts are from Japan.

The fuel consumption is a bit at high side among 2.0 cars since the engine is V6. But I love the sound of the v6 engine reving. The engine is really smooth and quiet.

As for the power, what I can say is that it is pretty sweet for normal driving. You can feel the power especially when the car pass 140kmh. If not satisfy, simple modification is change to open port air filter and do free some exhaust. For more, manual tranny is a good move, or plonk in Twin turbo/evo3/mivec.

After all, it is depend on your own to choose which car do you like most.
For me, car is juz like a toys. When you are bored or capable to own a better car, for sure you will reward yourself with your dream car :p

Now I'm a happy owner of a continental .... :)

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Good day to all!

I'm thinking of getting a new car (err...2nd hand to be exact :biggrin:) to replace my current Wira and my interest seems to bias towards Perdana V6.
Yupp...this car's been my dream for years now :proud:.
But...

After went through some reading and reviews, found out that this car is plagued by that problematic auto gearbox...really kacau la macam nie :rolleyes:!
So my questions go like this..

1) Is this a 'mandatory' problem for all Perdana V6 after reaching 100K++ mileage of its life?
if the car is well maintained and service on time, no problem to move on until 200k km...

2) If i were to take a very very very good care of the the car e.g. change ATF at every recommended KM, change the ATF filter at every recommended KM, use a suitable good quality ATF oil, use an ATF cooler (pretty sure all latest Perdana V6 have this thing installed), will it make me free from the the problem?
still depends on driving condition - use proton ATF and change it every 20,000km will minimize the gb problem, oil cooler is essential....will prolong the gb life, but don thrash the car like we always do with manual...all cars will damage.

3) Is it true that maintenance for this type of engine (V6) will cost me a BOMB?!!
Have read somewhere (in this forum i guess) the price of single valve is around RM130++...and there are 24 valves altogether!!!

seldom encounter such problem, service & maintain is similar like maitaining a wira 1.6 except when change plug, expensive service fee needed....to open up the manifold...

For you guys information, the car will mainly be used during weekends and during long journey balik kampung to Kelantan (i'm a johorean). Only ride a motorcycle back and forth to workplace everyday...easier to cilok-cilok during traffic jam haha.

And some more, i'm not really into heavy modification...i won't touch the engine i swear!
Cosmetic modification will do just fine for me like changing to rim sukan, lower the car a bit, put some stickers here there....just an ordinary driver with casual driving style :driver:.
I think, for Perdana, lower the car alone is enough to make it look GARANG! :proud:

How about Honda Civic 1.7 vtec? any word of advise? is this a trouble-free car?...particularly the gearbox of course. Really like the rear look...especially the taillights.
But interior wise, it's a bit of disappointment to me...very simple and boring...but anyhow, still willing to pour my money on it if Perdana V6 is really a "Bermuda Triangle" for my money.

Perdana V6 preferably year 2006 and above.
Honda Civic 1.7 year 2002 and above.
Budget range RM50k-RM75k

Really need your expertise, knowledge and advise on this!
I thank you all in advance for opinions and suggestions given...will be very much appreciated!
to me, perdana is a better choice in term of comfort and pricing...for rm50k to 75k u can get a year 2006 model to 2008 model.....

doggybone

Jul 30, 2008
Bro, if budget is 50-75k then i will suggest ES, resell value after 10yrs still awesome compare to perdana. Drove perdana b4, comfortable and gb doesn't give me problem, but think abt the depreciation and it's totally turn me off unless you only wanna spend minimal amount to get a SE.

Cheaper tax, cheaper maintenance, better mileage, BRANDED somemore...
I have to agree with Zac in terms of depreciation. As for FC, maintenance and reliability, the civic should be a safer bet. Road tax is RM140 cheaper :smokin: If you want something more powderful..go for the 2.0 civic (more aesthetically pleasing interior also).

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If you really want to get the civic so hard, get the 2.0 version. Thats my last call. Otherwise, u are paying for the looks n the taxes. No point coz u already have stated u buying a 2nd car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

One of my friends car was stolen early this morning at SS2 housing area, the plate number is BGE 2800, it is a Perodua Kancil stock standard and the colour was stock Perdua Gold.

[FONT=Times New...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience