Perdana V6 Community Forum *

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
LOL, I came down from UDM to Perdana. By the way any TTs for Perdana in Damansara area? Just want to have my perdana done up nicely, hence am searching for parts here and there. Would need guidance from sifus here too.:adore:
Yeah, I believe they do.

Just that I never attend before.. working most of the time.by the way, your perdana ABS OK? You happen to know the part number?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
LOL, I came down from UDM to Perdana. By the way any TTs for Perdana in Damansara area? Just want to have my perdana done up nicely, hence am searching for parts here and there. Would need guidance from sifus here too.:adore:
Me too from UDM come down to perdana, I think part are almost the same price like my old ride.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
u were using e46 before this right? no actually, perdana parts are very much cheaper compared to UDM's.
Mayb I been slaughter by workshop... Hehe
Any way now my ride giving me hard time, after change the mounting the weird cranking sound come out. Some of them said is the gearbox sound. When ever I throttle at gear 1, 2 & 3 the sound is there until the speed pick up the sound gone.... Is there any possible tat if my 4wd manual GB had been done by locking it and if the welding seal is broken it might had the sound come out from gb?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
if your welding breaks your whole gbox cannot be used. if grinding sound means the bearing is worn out.
any difficulties in changing gears?
I had change my right hand side bearing and change gear oil also.... Danz let meet up sometime when free to for TT.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Finally get the GB taken out to change clutch, and found out serious oil leak. Hav to change all the oil seal inside the gear box. Cost me RM600 and half cut condition 9" clutch cost me RM400. Haiz.... Pok Kai already after had this car not for long... Still a long list to go

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Finally get the GB taken out to change clutch, and found out serious oil leak. Hav to change all the oil seal inside the gear box. Cost me RM600 and half cut condition 9" clutch cost me RM400. Haiz.... Pok Kai already after had this car not for long... Still a long list to go
I bought new exedy 9" clutch for rm380. can be used but will slip on boost exceeding 0.8bar.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
The old one also exedy 9" clutch use not more then 3 months it burn out. Can't hold if the boost on 0.9bar. Now I'm using GSR turbo 9" so far still ok as after I install I travel down to JB no more clutch slip.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Hi guys, ever since my car overheat there has been a sharp increase in FC. From 10-11 litres/km to now 13-14litres/km for city drive. Changed the radiator, water pump and the ss pipe (for thermostat?) since that overheating incident.

Any ideas? Spark plug was changed few months ago, maybe the cable? Engine and atf oil changed on time, can it be only the AFR?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys, ever since my car overheat there has been a sharp increase in FC. From 10-11 litres/km to now 13-14litres/km for city drive. Changed the radiator, water pump and the ss pipe (for thermostat?) since that overheating incident.

Any ideas? Spark plug was changed few months ago, maybe the cable? Engine and atf oil changed on time, can it be only the AFR?
Check if it is consuming water. Maybe header is warp and got some internal leakage?

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
So far have been checking radiator levels frequently, no water level drops yet. However I do noticed that the water hose is now fully kemek, until I open the radiator cap. Any problem with that? Or it just means my radiator is doing its job?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
So far have been checking radiator levels frequently, no water level drops yet. However I do noticed that the water hose is now fully kemek, until I open the radiator cap. Any problem with that? Or it just means my radiator is doing its job?
Collapsed water hose because the are vacuum in the cooling system.

Related to it, after flushing the radiator, should I let the engine runs for a period of time with radiator uncapped in order for the air bubbles in the cooling system to escape? How will the air bubbles affect the cooling?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Collapsed water hose because the are vacuum in the cooling system.

Related to it, after flushing the radiator, should I let the engine runs for a period of time with radiator uncapped in order for the air bubbles in the cooling system to escape? How will the air bubbles affect the cooling?
Trapped air can cause radiator system to heat up.
Either it can escape through the expansion bottle or you can bleed it or you can leave the cap off until the water circulates...:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Either it can escape through the expansion bottle or you can bleed it or you can leave the cap off until the water circulates...:driver:
yes its true, last time I flushed my radiator system & took it out for a test drive as I was in a hurry, a few mins later my water temp shot to the red line, has to stop for a while let it cool down & drive it back home. had to drain the radiator again & finally it was all ok. the problem was air bubbles trapped inside the radiator.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
yes its true, last time I flushed my radiator system & took it out for a test drive as I was in a hurry, a few mins later my water temp shot to the red line, has to stop for a while let it cool down & drive it back home. had to drain the radiator again & finally it was all ok. the problem was air bubbles trapped inside the radiator.
Thank you for the explanation.
No wonder my car's temp went havoc for no reason the other day. Scratched my head until botak also couldn't find the problem. I didn't know that.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thank you for the explanation.
No wonder my car's temp went havoc for no reason the other day. Scratched my head until botak also couldn't find the problem. I didn't know that.
I normally let the system run for a while, then top up full, cap up then fill expansion bottle up too. After a drive and after the engine have cooled just check radiator water again and then check expansion bottle. Expansion bottle should go down slightly as after radiator is cooled it should have sucked some water from the expansion bottle....:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys...

any recommended adjustable suspension to replace my stock kong susp. planning to buy hwl around rm1790 siap pasang..

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
hi guy, need some help here. After changing my v6 front lower arm and do wheel alignment, the steering will not align itself back after turning. Anyone face this problem before? thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys sorry to be such a dumbass but how do you put a cai in a waja 1.6. i really think there is a prob wif this car and cai coz got no space unless im lacking sumthing. has anyone done a cai upgrade on a waja before. any sorta input would be very much appreciated
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience