Perdana V6 Community Forum *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
SAD NEWS:

hex999's perdana was stolen today.

details of car: Color - Black Metallic; Plate No - JFK8607
details of incident: Date - 04 June 2012; Time - 12am; Place - Ridzuan Condo, Jalan PJS 10/11

Hi guys, I replaced my car's lower arms and brake pads yesterday and charged RM275 for Japan's 555 lower arm each and RM180 for Bendix General CT.
Today, I read in some forums Bendix General CT was a lot cheaper, something like RM95. I felt being chopped. Anyone please help on the price info.

Hi guys, I replaced my car's lower arms and brake pads yesterday and charged RM275 for Japan's 555 lower arm each and RM180 for Bendix General CT.
Today, I read in some forums Bendix General CT was a lot cheaper, something like RM95. I felt being chopped. Anyone please help on the price info.
yep. it should be cheaper.
even the better Bendix Metal King Titanium is around rm120-130

price here at JB also weird... but i end up repair my current lower arm.. change the bush to nylon type at a friends place recommended by bro L2S_turbo.

Hi all,

If I may ask for opinions from anyone here, how much should I be expecting for someone to purchase my Perdana as per below details?

Perdana V6 / Aug 2004 / Black / 1 Owner / Mileage 107000 - 108000 /

Kindly provide the dealer's contact if possible.

Thank you.

Is anyone using Eterna twin pot brake? I'm in the midst of looking a good one for my car because my stock brake discs warped just can't stand how it vibrates during braking. Just don't know how the twin pot perform compared to stock one? What should be the reasonable cost for that?

Is anyone using Eterna twin pot brake? I'm in the midst of looking a good one for my car because my stock brake discs warped just can't stand how it vibrates during braking. Just don't know how the twin pot perform compared to stock one? What should be the reasonable cost for that?
i'm a twinpot user from 2008.
got the whole set front and back. grips bloody good.
front disc normal, rear disc Project Miu. (front also got Project Miu but the disc pecah oredi..)
to get even better grip, buy performance pads la..

even Puspakom inspection got high marks and the officer praised me.. :proud:
well, maybe he have not seen those Perdana with 4-pot GTOs or Brembos..

Hi all,

If I may ask for opinions from anyone here, how much should I be expecting for someone to purchase my Perdana as per below details?

Perdana V6 / Aug 2004 / Black / 1 Owner / Mileage 107000 - 108000 /

Kindly provide the dealer's contact if possible.

Thank you.

Street price is RM28,000 average, depending on condition especially gearbox. If gearbox has sign of problem be prepared to slash price by RM3-4k average. Dealer may take in at less than RM20k.
Just a general guide as what you expect.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

i'm a twinpot user from 2008.
got the whole set front and back. grips bloody good.
front disc normal, rear disc Project Miu. (front also got Project Miu but the disc pecah oredi..)
to get even better grip, buy performance pads la..

even Puspakom inspection got high marks and the officer praised me.. :proud:
well, maybe he have not seen those Perdana with 4-pot GTOs or Brembos..

That's good! Twin pot should be what I want for my NA car. I am driving like a uncle now because of no good braking, so scared of dying already.
By the way, there were few occasions where I floored the brake and it sank all the way down with no braking force at all! What causes this phenomenon?

That's good! Twin pot should be what I want for my NA car. I am driving like a uncle now because of no good braking, so scared of dying already.
By the way, there were few occasions where I floored the brake and it sank all the way down with no braking force at all! What causes this phenomenon?
maybe just like what Danz said, pump bocor. need repair.
or maybe just the brake fluid is low. need top up brake fluid.
or there are bubbles in the brake line. need brake line bleeding.

but also maybe the pads are normal ones and cant perform after it surpass the max temp its able to.
for example, if u drive fast and main cilok2 in/out traffic or play touge or track, then after awhile, the brakes wont grip and pedal sank, then u may need better brakepads.
what brakepads u r using?

It happened twice when I was using EBC Redstuff brake pad, now once it happened again when I changed to Bendix General CT. So I don't think it is brake pads that cause the problem, right?

It happened twice when I was using EBC Redstuff brake pad, now once it happened again when I changed to Bendix General CT. So I don't think it is brake pads that cause the problem, right?
Bendix General CT is considered normal. but EBC Redstuff is a bit performance pads.
when usually it happens?
after/during a spirited drving? or during normal driving/ in traffic jams?
i also encounter this brake pedal sinking problem but only after/during a spirited driving session, coz i'm using normal brakepads now..

Bendix General CT is considered normal. but EBC Redstuff is a bit performance pads.
when usually it happens?
after/during a spirited drving? or during normal driving/ in traffic jams?
i also encounter this brake pedal sinking problem but only after/during a spirited driving session, coz i'm using normal brakepads now..

it all happened during normal driving condition, not even hard braking, but regained brake force just after a short while, truly scared some shit out of me, just so grateful the road was empty ahead.
According to your description of event, yours could be caused by brake fade? But would brake fade make the brake pedal sinking all the way down?
Does brake pump refer to the small pump at the brake calliper or the master brake pump?

it all happened during normal driving condition, not even hard braking, but regained brake force just after a short while, truly scared some shit out of me, just so grateful the road was empty ahead.
According to your description of event, yours could be caused by brake fade? But would brake fade make the brake pedal sinking all the way down?
Does brake pump refer to the small pump at the brake calliper or the master brake pump?
yep, brake fade. and yes it would make the pedal sink but not all the way down la. coz the pads aren't gripping requires u to press the pedal deeper..

since ur prob not related to brake fade, then u should check the brake fluid level first.
if the level is normal, then maybe there air bubbles in the brake lines.
or maybe a brake pump or brake servo prob.
sorry, not much experience on this, so i can just agak2 only..

yep, brake fade. and yes it would make the pedal sink but not all the way down la. coz the pads aren't gripping requires u to press the pedal deeper..

since ur prob not related to brake fade, then u should check the brake fluid level first.
if the level is normal, then maybe there air bubbles in the brake lines.
or maybe a brake pump or brake servo prob.
sorry, not much experience on this, so i can just agak2 only..

NeuroOne bro you're so humble. That's already given me amount of guides.:adore:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom