Opinions on car wax brands Meguiares, Turtle wax, etc..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, will try out the wax maybe this weekend or so...but my car long time never polish
already, wax will help or got effect or not?

About 2 - 3 years...
:hmmmm:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wax can enhance what is already there but cannot create what is not there. So if the surface is not nice, waxing over it will not help much. If 2 - 3 years did not polish, it is best to use some light polish or paint cleaners first. Things like Megs D151 paint reconditioning cream, glaze polish, or dodo juice lime prime. They don't cut much but can brighten up old paintwork. After using those, then u wax over the new surface. And there you got a killer look.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wax can enhance what is already there but cannot create what is not there. So if the surface is not nice, waxing over it will not help much. If 2 - 3 years did not polish, it is best to use some light polish or paint cleaners first. Things like Megs D151 paint reconditioning cream, glaze polish, or dodo juice lime prime. They don't cut much but can brighten up old paintwork. After using those, then u wax over the new surface. And there you got a killer look.
2 - 3 years never polish, still goes bling bling after wash :rofl:

Thought I can see lots of swirls and rough surfaces with scratches under bright sunlight...even
rough to touch...

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
2 - 3 years never watch, still goes bling bling after wash :rofl:

Thought I can see lots of swirls and rough surfaces with scratches under bright sunlight...even
rough to touch...
3 years never washed........... you really have patience.

If you do not mind swirls, then this is what I would suggest you to do

- Wash car
- Wash car again with stronger multi purpose cleaner.
- Clay your car
- Seal with sealant or wax with wax.

I would believe that shall give u all the bling u need.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
He already got that killer look no matter how...so it's just a waste of time :rofl:

If wash , clay , wax and then apply sealant, does it help much? I mean using sealant after waxing..like double the layer...not so sure bout this as 1 is usually organic and another is usually synthetic. :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
3 years never washed........... you really have patience.

If you do not mind swirls, then this is what I would suggest you to do

- Wash car
- Wash car again with stronger multi purpose cleaner.
- Clay your car
- Seal with sealant or wax with wax.

I would believe that shall give u all the bling u need.
LOL! sorry typo, I mean never polish...2 - 3 years...never wash for a month I adi cant tahan...

I clayed my windows and windscreen before,
Got dirt on it, but the oil and grease stain still there...can't come out...

He already got that killer look no matter how...so it's just a waste of time :rofl:

If wash , clay , wax and then apply sealant, does it help much? I mean using sealant after waxing..like double the layer...not so sure bout this as 1 is usually organic and another is usually synthetic. :adore:
Bugger :rofl: Not R35 or Supra so no killer look :rofl:

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Contrary to some beliefs, i think sealant over wax will not work. I mean you can top it up, but the layer of sealant will not stay long. Furthermore, if you are sealing over the layer of wax, keep in mind that the sealants sits on top of your wax and will when you wax wears off, your sealant does too. Applying sealant and then wax would be better.

Bugger :rofl: Not R35 or Supra so no killer look :rofl:
Supra is killer car wei.... So sure got killer looks!

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Most of the time sealant over wax wouldn't work. Main reason is *normally* sealant would contain cleaners that would clean off the wax. The cleaners can come as intentionally introduced by the manufacturer to clean and gloss up the paintwork, or unintentionally as carrier medium for the protective polymer......

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
So it's either only wax or seal.

Saw a polishing tool at ACE hardware that day..brand name is 'Skil' - quite a popular tool name..by the look of it, should be a rotary polisher? RM235 or something..speed is 1k-3k RPM and 1300W. Any1 using one of those? Is it good? RM235 seems fishy haha

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
You can seal it first and put a layer of wax on top, provided that you leave the sealant to cure properly, which would take around half a day, or faster if you leave it under the hot sun.

I've tried the Skil polisher before. You can say that it's an 'entry level' rotary polisher. Performance is about the same with the rest of the C-made, al-cheapo polisher. It works but, unlike the Makita, DeWalt or Hitachi, it'll bog down under pressure/load, so you'd need to put up a little extra effort and take the extra care when using it. But if you're not ready to fork out the $$$, and would only be using it occasionally, it's a good option to consider.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Okay will use some light polisher products or paint correction 1st then
only wax, or should I send it out for a detail polish and wax then only
later on start to take good care of it by waxing it more often?

There are some tiny chipped off paint on my car and is already rusty, how am I gonna
remove the rust? Use a good grade Autosol? I read the instruction that it can use on
any rusted metal or even on vehicles. Can that be use to solve rusted spots?

Due to this car does lots of outstation traveling, could be the small stones or sand
that keep hitting on my car from certain cars and especially lorries/trucks...

Will try paint correction or any simple polish 1st before waxing...surface of the car is
rough and full of scratches due to cats at home as well..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Okay will use some light polisher products or paint correction 1st then
only wax, or should I send it out for a detail polish and wax then only
later on start to take good care of it by waxing it more often?

There are some tiny chipped off paint on my car and is already rusty, how am I gonna
remove the rust? Use a good grade Autosol? I read the instruction that it can use on
any rusted metal or even on vehicles. Can that be use to solve rusted spots?

Due to this car does lots of outstation traveling, could be the small stones or sand
that keep hitting on my car from certain cars and especially lorries/trucks...

Will try paint correction or any simple polish 1st before waxing...surface of the car is
rough and full of scratches due to cats at home as well..
Hmm.... About the chips... If it is small spots and just light, you can just touch up with the same colour paint. But if it is deep or you want a better finish, it is like here:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/412989-fixing-a-deliberate-deep-scratch.html

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can sell for you to detail instead? :rofl:
I think I would get Makita if really wanna polish...worth the investment..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
My car front bumper body kit also got a lot of chippings...white spot caused by stone/sand hitting the bumper. I believe those cant be removed by polishing or whatsoever. Only touching up with colour paint works. But I guess it will leaves visible corrected spots?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
It will leave visible corrected spots unless you sand it down to level it and then polish it back. But even so, it wouldn't be 100% unnoticeable. However, it will greatly reduce the visibility.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai all for proton 1.3 & 1.5 driver....:wavey:

What else can we do to upgrade this engine become more powerful....either than convert to the highest capacity engine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience