Help! Need advice on wax/polish for new car to protect paint

gnileo99

Oct 2, 2006
Hi all
Need some advice on wax/polish for new car. I see all these packages for 15/16/17/18 steps polish/wax on websites like groupon etc. Is it suitable for new cars?

I want to keep the paint on my new car in tip top conditions. I don't have a covered car park.

Thanks for any tips.

:adore::itsme:

P/s: If I want to DIY, what's the best polish/wax/sealant to use?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Help! Need advice on wax/polish for new car to protect pain

Hi all
Need some advice on wax/polish for new car. I see all these packages for 15/16/17/18 steps polish/wax on websites like groupon etc. Is it suitable for new cars?

I want to keep the paint on my new car in tip top conditions. I don't have a covered car park.

Thanks for any tips.

Go do glass coating then.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

wanted to try the offer by groupon @ pitstop, rm48, original price rm300++.
but dunno is it worth it or not, have anyone tried?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

wanted to try the offer by groupon @ pitstop, rm48, original price rm300++.
but dunno is it worth it or not, have anyone tried?
You try and let us know, then we all know whether worth it or not.....hhahhahahhaha:driver:

mal.neos

From Facebook
Mar 23, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi all

Thanks for any tips.

In my opinion, better if you do crystal glass coating. its protect your car as well as making your car looks like a showroom car :biggrin:. I know few places at bandar sunway. But i would recommend ForsterBrothers Autospa if you wanna do coating. I went there and coated my car. The quality wise its perfect and also the workers there are friendly.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Nowadays ah beng, ali , muthu all also use the word ' coating , glass coating, nano technology' even for those car wash bawa pokok....water wax, water coating etc....

Ppl just believe it...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays ah beng, ali , muthu all also use the word ' coating , glass coating, nano technology' even for those car wash bawa pokok....water wax, water coating etc....

Ppl just believe it...
Talking about Water wax, just saw this in Caltex station car wash near my place.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

Ppl just believe it...
I should have asked the car washer what is nano-technology, and see what the expression on his face.....hahahaha

Anyway, Bawa Pokok car wash centre sometimes use collected rain water to wash car......
If they kedekut even with water, do you think they spend on good coating or detergent?

More often than not, these car wash centre uses industrial grade detergent......that is so strong that it could strip the clear coat if used repeatedly....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is water wax actually? Spray and leave on type?
Probably so, that during wash it can be applied.
There is one in the market, can't remember the name, that you can apply after washing the car, so instead of drying the car, then only apply, this you spray on and wipe car dry. I tried but end result is like wipe car dry only....:banghead::banghead:...........hhahhahahha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I should have asked the car washer what is nano-technology, and see what the expression on his face.....hahahaha

Anyway, Bawa Pokok car wash centre sometimes use collected rain water to wash car......
If they kedekut even with water, do you think they spend on good coating or detergent?

More often than not, these car wash centre uses industrial grade detergent......that is so strong that it could strip the clear coat if used repeatedly....
Now you know why their car wash is cleaner then your own using car shampoo......:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004

nano is a very high-tech word nowadays la...:p like ceramic, permenant, glass, 9H etc coating...when u hear the 1st time you will stim ma...think after you paid that few thousand buck your car will be maintenance free, bullet proof, no waxing or washing require for next 1-2 years ? :hmmmm::adore:

water wax is a a new gen of wax with easy to apply and last long...very kilat one boss...and smooooth...can tahan quite 'long'....:thefinger:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nano is a very high-tech word nowadays la...:p like ceramic, permenant, glass, 9H etc coating...when u hear the 1st time you will stim ma...think after you paid that few thousand buck your car will be maintenance free, bullet proof, no waxing or washing require for next 1-2 years ? :hmmmm::adore:

water wax is a a new gen of wax with easy to apply and last long...very kilat one boss...and smooooth...can tahan quite 'long'....:thefinger:
Marketing nowadays must be high tech if not cannot sell.....hhahahhahahha

Your emoticon at the back says it all for the water wax......:biggrin:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Those prefer good 'deal' car wash will believe water wax...

PS : Even with mixing soft99 into the water while drying the car last longer then these 'water wax' - they meant for waterfish customer :stupid:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those prefer good 'deal' car wash will believe water wax...

PS : Even with mixing soft99 into the water while drying the car last longer then these 'water wax' - they meant for waterfish customer :stupid:
Fuh! diluted soft99.....hahhahahhahah:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
having problem removing fuel clip jus now replacing fuel filter on persona...
Anyone have experience removing this clip..
it written norma/sae..normaquick brand clip i think but can't find the step removing it..
same clip in the carcoal canister uploaded..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience