Noticable difference using bodykits

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That looks like your house judging from the car at the back... Don't tell me that is Ixeo's boat?

Jetta had weight and forced induction advantage over Camry 2.4... Probably not a fair comparison... Perhaps a comparison with B16B or B18CR Civic?

I think if you are using bodykit designs from well known manufacturers are still okay. Don't go and equip those ah beng workshop bodykits like Saga BLM WRX STI or Wira Evo X style kind of thing... Talking about Type R conversion, there are many kinds of Type R out there. But the common ones that look stupid are the FD2R conversion with loads of Type R emblem here and there around the car. For those DC2 or EK9 hatch Type R conversion, I wouldn't want to cucuk them or challenge these guys... Many of them are equipped with Type R engines inside... Besides, for these old Type R, it is not like people don't have the money to afford one, but it is a matter of unable to find anyone selling a genuine Type R.

Congratulations for the hitting 5000. :biggrin:
That's not a boat, that's a frigging anchor with all that drag.

Jetta got turbo and weight advantage? Camry got 57% more displacement than Jetta wor, pay few hundred more for road tax wor.

How many people actually pay for VARIS GT Wing or J's Racing Wing, or just buy a VARIS STYLE Wing? You convert a 911 Carrera to 911 Turbo, it is still not a 911 Turbo cause the geran/pink slip says 911 Carrera. Just like a boy convert to a girl, got breasts and pussy but the birth certificate will still say LELAKI.

But hey, not my money. I don't really care. And I don't like to cucuk people, just overtake lah, cucuk for what? Not enough power to overtake ah?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
simple comparison.. my first car wira aeroback with ah beng style bodykit(my brother did it before official handed it to me:slug:, custom skirting and rear bumper with ah beng style evo 9 bumper) ... i convert with evo 4 engine and running 4wd... it have plenty of understeer during high speed cornering >120km/h ... and high speed stability is ok on straight but on bend is still consider minimal floating since my aeroback no spoiler no nothing at the rear

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

i got my second car after i total lost that wira.. second car is civic eg 4 door.... stock exterior with eg9 spoiler... i only can comment that honda did a good design on the suspension which lead to good stability on curve but need to follow the fwd rules, slow in fast out...:biggrin: but high speed stability for me , maybe my balls aren't titanium, i rate it scary as well since u can feel the float above 140km/h especially the road are bit uneven....

current car is an old junk cd9a with ce9a body parts.... i only can say that , really, the mitsubishi engineer do their R&D well on aerodynamics.. i can feel tons of downforce on high speed cornering and high speed crusing... and i can feel the down force starting at 110km/h while the rear spoiler start to shake by the winds:biggrin:

myself did not invest myself on aerodynamics stuff until i compare my first and the current car..... however it already proven to me aero did an important part in stability but when do aero pls buy proven or ori stuffs, dont just go abang accessories and simply install gt wing....

however, all of the above are just my opinion, maybe other people can tune or set up their wira aeroback or civic as stable as skyline,that one i really dunno:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So, will these engines feel lethargic when driven at low rpm during city driving? Or it still feels the same with other ordinary NA engines like 4G15, 1NZ-FE, K3-VE?

Yeah, he really is one of the ZTH sifu ma. :adore:

Type R stickers are selling quite cheap. Less than 10 bucks can get one. :biggrin: Cheap and cheerful upgrade.
Dare not claim that title. Always prefer to be non sifu.. :biggrin:

Trust me, it's fake exhaust look, no aero benefit what soever! It's actually for those V6 Accords which also have twin exhasut already, but here they just use for 4 cylinder Accords.:banghead:
But even the other cars bodykits some, they come with the 2 holes and some they dont. Like the Estima they dont come with that 2 holes in their bodykits.

AirMaster bodykit really not proven? They did state that will improve stability and comfort in their website :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's not a boat, that's a frigging anchor with all that drag.

Jetta got turbo and weight advantage? Camry got 57% more displacement than Jetta wor, pay few hundred more for road tax wor.

How many people actually pay for VARIS GT Wing or J's Racing Wing, or just buy a VARIS STYLE Wing? You convert a 911 Carrera to 911 Turbo, it is still not a 911 Turbo cause the geran/pink slip says 911 Carrera. Just like a boy convert to a girl, got breasts and pussy but the birth certificate will still say LELAKI.

But hey, not my money. I don't really care. And I don't like to cucuk people, just overtake lah, cucuk for what? Not enough power to overtake ah?
Alright, anchor then. Too much drag.

You and I both know that when it comes to NA VS Forced Induction, displacement doesn't really matter much anymore unless the gap is too big... I mean, one engine literally breathe in air normally while the other is like getting a large volume of air rammed into the combustion chamber by force. That 2.4 litre 2AZ-FE engine in Camry is a lazy engine to begin with... 170hp with 224nm of torque. Wasn't even an engine that is tuned for performance unlike Honda's K20A...

About that convert thing, you're right. Their money, their problem. At the end of the day, they are just fooling themselves...

Very sharp eyes....heh! heh!:biggrin:
Seen before pictures of your car over here... Besides, I still remember the orange floor tiles on your previous pic...

simple comparison.. my first car wira aeroback with ah beng style bodykit(my brother did it before official handed it to me:slug:, custom skirting and rear bumper with ah beng style evo 9 bumper) ... i convert with evo 4 engine and running 4wd... it have plenty of understeer during high speed cornering >120km/h ... and high speed stability is ok on straight but on bend is still consider minimal floating since my aeroback no spoiler no nothing at the rear

View attachment 537103

View attachment 537104

i got my second car after i total lost that wira.. second car is civic eg 4 door.... stock exterior with eg9 spoiler... i only can comment that honda did a good design on the suspension which lead to good stability on curve but need to follow the fwd rules, slow in fast out...:biggrin: but high speed stability for me , maybe my balls aren't titanium, i rate it scary as well since u can feel the float above 140km/h especially the road are bit uneven....

current car is an old junk cd9a with ce9a body parts.... i only can say that , really, the mitsubishi engineer do their R&D well on aerodynamics.. i can feel tons of downforce on high speed cornering and high speed crusing... and i can feel the down force starting at 110km/h while the rear spoiler start to shake by the winds:biggrin:

myself did not invest myself on aerodynamics stuff until i compare my first and the current car..... however it already proven to me aero did an important part in stability but when do aero pls buy proven or ori stuffs, dont just go abang accessories and simply install gt wing....

however, all of the above are just my opinion, maybe other people can tune or set up their wira aeroback or civic as stable as skyline,that one i really dunno:biggrin:
Umm, that orange Wira does look kinda riced up... But what got me surprised is that you manage to plonk in the newer 'terbalik' type of 4G63T engine into it. How is it legal? Or JPJ enforcement are actually more linear at Sarawak? Nonetheless, remarkable engine transplant. :adore:

CD9A Evolution I is not some old junk... It's almost like a legendary car because it is just so rare over here. Even CE9A is rare but CD9A is almost unheard of except for halfcuts. So, based on your answer, it is already proven that old Lancer Evolution parts do help out in downforce and stability which is what I asked earlier in this thread regarding the spoiler from Evolution 1,2,3 on a car like Wira. Not trying to get one for myself but I am just curious to know whether will it give any effect or not after being installed.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Dare not claim that title. Always prefer to be non sifu.. :biggrin:
19k posts is not something that is easily achieved... It can't be denied that your knowledge is vast since you've posted and replied for over 19 000 times at here. Not being sarcastic here.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

You and I both know that when it comes to NA VS Forced Induction, displacement doesn't really matter much anymore unless the gap is too big... I mean, one engine literally breathe in air normally while the other is like getting a large volume of air rammed into the combustion chamber by force. That 2.4 litre 2AZ-FE engine in Camry is a lazy engine to begin with... 170hp with 224nm of torque. Wasn't even an engine that is tuned for performance unlike Honda's K20A...

About that convert thing, you're right. Their money, their problem. At the end of the day, they are just fooling themselves...

Seen before pictures of your car over here... Besides, I still remember the orange floor tiles on your previous pic...

Umm, that orange Wira does look kinda riced up... But what got me surprised is that you manage to plonk in the newer 'terbalik' type of 4G63T engine into it. How is it legal? Or JPJ enforcement are actually more linear at Sarawak? Nonetheless, remarkable engine transplant. :adore:

CD9A Evolution I is not some old junk... It's almost like a legendary car because it is just so rare over here. Even CE9A is rare but CD9A is almost unheard of except for halfcuts. So, based on your answer, it is already proven that old Lancer Evolution parts do help out in downforce and stability which is what I asked earlier in this thread regarding the spoiler from Evolution 1,2,3 on a car like Wira. Not trying to get one for myself but I am just curious to know whether will it give any effect or not after being installed.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

19k posts is not something that is easily achieved... It can't be denied that your knowledge is vast since you've posted and replied for over 19 000 times at here. Not being sarcastic here.
wira sedan tail is actually 2-5cm longer then evo or lancer, will it run wind differently? i also dunno....:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

You're too kind with your words la...dont do that :rofl:

No la, number of post cant determines or shows that person is a sifu or knows a lot. U see people like Izso, vr2turbo, TitanRev, Papagoines and etcs knows more than I do.

I here TKSS only and mostly more on asking questions than answering on serious stuffs. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
wira sedan tail is actually 2-5cm longer then evo or lancer, will it run wind differently? i also dunno....:confused:
I did highlight this issue as well earlier... No definite answer though...

You're too kind with your words la...dont do that :rofl:

No la, number of post cant determines or shows that person is a sifu or knows a lot. U see people like Izso, vr2turbo, TitanRev, Papagoines and etcs knows more than I do.

I here TKSS only and mostly more on asking questions than answering on serious stuffs. :biggrin:
Just want to be sure that I'm not being sarcastic. Experience before where people thought I am actually being sarcastic while I am not.

You ask questions over here but at the same time you read a lot too. Reading over here does help. I often use the search bar over here when I want to know more about something. Usually those old posts during 2006-2008 contains a lot of valuable info. Most of those old timers are not active anymore. Never seen them post anything since I joined till now...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
I did highlight this issue as well earlier... No definite answer though...

Just want to be sure that I'm not being sarcastic. Experience before where people thought I am actually being sarcastic while I am not.

You ask questions over here but at the same time you read a lot too. Reading over here does help. I often use the search bar over here when I want to know more about something. Usually those old posts during 2006-2008 contains a lot of valuable info. Most of those old timers are not active anymore. Never seen them post anything since I joined till now...
last time post mostly share their diy, or car's project or asking for help and opinion.. now is

"I wanna buy GTR or Ferrari, i got plenty of cash bitch, which one the best, money is not a problem" or "my father is fucking rich wanna buy me a supercar, which one should i buy and make those chick laid on me".. that makes some negativity here, at least i feel :banghead: when i click into those thread, or is it only me feel that?:confused:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
last time post mostly share their diy, or car's project or asking for help and opinion.. now is

"I wanna buy GTR or Ferrari, i got plenty of cash bitch, which one the best, money is not a problem" or "my father is fucking rich wanna buy me a supercar, which one should i buy and make those chick laid on me".. that makes some negativity here, at least i feel :banghead: when i click into those thread, or is it only me feel that?:confused:
Not only you, not only you.......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Good memory also.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

When ZTH gets popular, you get all sorts of people pouring in. From serious people to nonsensical troller or even those who are purposely looking for a fight.

Not only you, not only you.......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Good memory also.....:driver:
Again, thanks for the compliment.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

could by LYN migrants haha..:rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
So, will these engines feel lethargic when driven at low rpm during city driving? Or it still feels the same with other ordinary NA engines like 4G15, 1NZ-FE, K3-VE?

i wouldnt say lethargic much....

but if take example of k3-ve engine rolling at around 1500rpm and slam WOT on 2nd or 3rd gear, u will feel the torque of dvvt/vvt pulling away......

now take the good old stock b16a engine and do the same...roll on 2nd/3rd at 1500rpm and slam WOT.....u will get acceleration but much slower acceleration atleast untill above 3500rpm and even more gforce/torque/hp spike when vtec activated higher up.....

thats why nowadays manufaturer design cam phase/changing/vvt/vtec/mivec/cps/vanos for better low rpm driveability instead of pure power like the good old 80s~90s.....even honda vtec now not chasing pure power and design engine for better overall driveability....i think the last gen of honda chasing pure power from their engine is the F20B S2000 engine.......even that most car tester complaint got no torque at low down rpm... :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i wouldnt say lethargic much....

but if take example of k3-ve engine rolling at around 1500rpm and slam WOT on 2nd or 3rd gear, u will feel the torque of dvvt/vvt pulling away......

now take the good old stock b16a engine and do the same...roll on 2nd/3rd at 1500rpm and slam WOT.....u will get acceleration but much slower acceleration atleast untill above 3500rpm and even more gforce/torque/hp spike when vtec activated higher up.....

thats why nowadays manufaturer design cam phase/changing/vvt/vtec/mivec/cps/vanos for better low rpm driveability instead of pure power like the good old 80s~90s.....even honda vtec now not chasing pure power and design engine for better overall driveability....i think the last gen of honda chasing pure power from their engine is the F20B S2000 engine.......even that most car tester complaint got no torque at low down rpm... :rofl:
That is so true. I have a Myvi 1.3 manual at home. That car seriously felt more responsive than my 4G15 Wira especially during lower rpm like you described. Tap a bit on the throttle and I felt the response already. Unlike 4G15 where I need to rev it to like over 3000rpm to really feel something.

So, this is how variable valve timing system are tuned nowadays. To give more torque during lower rpm while in older days, they are tuned to give more hp in higher rpm. Is that right?

There is still one more powerful modern Honda engine with i-VTEC. K20A. :biggrin: Around 225hp in FD2R version.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

erm hi...

i wan 2 ask u guys tat by putting in the cam n xtractor 4 4g15 will make the engine comsume more engine oil?
i was surprise when i check my engine oil n found out tat it is at its min...(from the oil dip)
thought tat my engine was old n the piston ring is old...so opt 2 transplant an engine n sold of the PZ stuff...
wat do i get...no more 'gone no where' engine oil...even after 3months from my previous oil change...my oil dip still at it near max level...(a bit gone...which i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience