Noticable difference using bodykits

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ego or pride matters? :biggrin: I don't know about what you think but most people in our society seems to rate how powerful a car is based on it's cc. I always hear the same kind of statements again and again from non car guys. It's always like "oh, this one 1500cc ah?" "wa, 2000cc sure powerful la". Maybe the thought of going down to 1600cc is like losing face if people ask things like "eh you downgrade from 2000cc to 1600cc ah?"

300hp is possible if that car is using a highly modified K3-VET. Just need to see how big the 'snail' is. :biggrin:
That's the mentality. Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 twincharge goes like a fricking train, easily tapao Camry 2.4L..provided the pistons don't explode and the DSG clutch don't slip. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But frankly speaking bodykits really stupid lah. You can't afford to buy a Type R and then you get a Tipu R...mau tipu siapa? The only fool is yourself. Then when kena cucuk cannot go.. wah lao. Blocking the road only, too much drag with that stupid wing is it.

For those who go competition, who wanna JDM, euro look, hella this and that. Want to see who got biggest exhaust, wanna see who's more slammed and flushed. Ok lor. Everybody got hobby.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hobby is ok. But not good to be pretentious, and later kena pecah rahsia (and later suffer malu) that car was a tipu R instead of Type R.

Maybe Tipu R give the owner cheap thrill?? Just like wearing cheap rolex from Petaling street.
Hmmmm, reminds on those Waja kitted with Evo parts. Sure malu when driving side-by-side with a real Evo.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

300hp? Twin exhaust cannot handle loh!
This one can...Quad exhaust......hhahhahahhahaa:rofl:

hmmm, those quad exhausts look like stick-on....
Also reminds me of those stick-on sun roof....:biggrin::biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
That's the mentality. Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 twincharge goes like a fricking train, easily tapao Camry 2.4L..provided the pistons don't explode and the DSG clutch don't slip. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But frankly speaking bodykits really stupid lah. You can't afford to buy a Type R and then you get a Tipu R...mau tipu siapa? The only fool is yourself. Then when kena cucuk cannot go.. wah lao. Blocking the road only, too much drag with that stupid wing is it.

For those who go competition, who wanna JDM, euro look, hella this and that. Want to see who got biggest exhaust, wanna see who's more slammed and flushed. Ok lor. Everybody got hobby.
Nowadays CFE cucuk Evo 10 :rofl: :rofl:

Inspira...Lancer...

Edit: wohooo 5000 posts.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
300hp? Twin exhaust cannot handle loh!
This one can...Quad exhaust......hhahhahahhahaa:rofl:

That looks like your house judging from the car at the back... Don't tell me that is Ixeo's boat?

Jetta had weight and forced induction advantage over Camry 2.4... Probably not a fair comparison... Perhaps a comparison with B16B or B18CR Civic?

I think if you are using bodykit designs from well known manufacturers are still okay. Don't go and equip those ah beng workshop bodykits like Saga BLM WRX STI or Wira Evo X style kind of thing... Talking about Type R conversion, there are many kinds of Type R out there. But the common ones that look stupid are the FD2R conversion with loads of Type R emblem here and there around the car. For those DC2 or EK9 hatch Type R conversion, I wouldn't want to cucuk them or challenge these guys... Many of them are equipped with Type R engines inside... Besides, for these old Type R, it is not like people don't have the money to afford one, but it is a matter of unable to find anyone selling a genuine Type R.

Inspira...Lancer...

Congratulations for the hitting 5000. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Type-R are very popular now. Too popular, in fact. Some stick Type-R on their bicycle, some on Honda Kapchai. Other hand Type-R on toyota cars. My office mate even have type-R sticker on his bubble jet printer...:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Inspira...Lancer...

You just made me look at mine....Exactly 16,000....hhahahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

That looks like your house judging from the car at the back... Don't tell me that is Ixeo's boat?
:
Son's friend car....hahhahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Type-R are very popular now. Too popular, in fact. Some stick Type-R on their bicycle, some on Honda Kapchai. Other hand Type-R on toyota cars. My office mate even have type-R sticker on his bubble jet printer...:biggrin:
Put one on your car, add 10bhp mah! :driver:.......lol:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That N/A 2L engine is like a 2 inch flaccid penis that has erectile dysfunction. The turbo 1.6L is 1.6 inch flaccid but 10 inch erect. That's why I also don't know why he don't want to upgrade.

Maybe he likes to go around comparing flaccid penises, I have nothing to say ler :thefinger:

The most noticeable difference with bodykit is that you now look like an ah beng, or wannabe. Cause clearly 11 out of 10 people with bodykits don't do time attacks, don't track.

Either that, they can't afford a Civic FD2 Type R, so they buy a normal FD and become Tipu R. So that's wannabes.

If they have no place to hang clothes and want to add GT Wing for that purpose then I nothing to say. You win
The tail lights, the red part look like showing 2 middle fingers :rofl: :thefinger:
Is like sarcastically saying "GT Wing... :thefinger: "

This one should have BIG difference.....:driver:
Seems will affect the car, maybe need more downforce at the rear :rofl:

Ego or pride matters? :biggrin: I don't know about what you think but most people in our society seems to rate how powerful a car is based on it's cc. I always hear the same kind of statements again and again from non car guys. It's always like "oh, this one 1500cc ah?" "wa, 2000cc sure powerful la". Maybe the thought of going down to 1600cc is like losing face if people ask things like "eh you downgrade from 2000cc to 1600cc ah?"

300hp is possible if that car is using a highly modified K3-VET. Just need to see how big the 'snail' is. :biggrin:
That depends, if NA vs NA, "usually" Higher cc have higher torque and power. Well not comparing some like 1.6L 4AGE or 1.6L SR16VE Neo VVL against 1.8L 1ZZ-FE or a Camry 2.0L. Only non performance engine. :biggrin:

Hobby is ok. But not good to be pretentious, and later kena pecah rahsia (and later suffer malu) that car was a tipu R instead of Type R.

Maybe Tipu R give the owner cheap thrill?? Just like wearing cheap rolex from Petaling street.
Hmmmm, reminds on those Waja kitted with Evo parts. Sure malu when driving side-by-side with a real Evo.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

hmmm, those quad exhausts look like stick-on....
Also reminds me of those stick-on sun roof....:biggrin::biggrin:
This one I agree, is like both wearing Rolex, and one wearing fake, when shown side by side, sure malu like hell...these people really got thick skin...want go back hometown to show off to kampung ppl. Especially show In Laws that they are driving Subaru WRX STi (Saga WRX) or Tipu R Civic. (getting more and more)

Some even convert the Civic Mugen RR version too...pathetic :banghead: Wear fake rolex, carry fake LV bag and wanna fool the world is original. At least we know Mugen RR even if got also damn rare.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

sure his bubblejet printer faster than laserjet printer :rofl: :rofl:

The tail lights, the red part look like showing 2 middle fingers :rofl: :thefinger:
Is like sarcastically saying "GT Wing... :thefinger: "

That depends, if NA vs NA, "usually" Higher cc have higher torque and power. Well not comparing some like 1.6L 4AGE or 1.6L SR16VE Neo VVL against 1.8L 1ZZ-FE or a Camry 2.0L. Only non performance engine. :biggrin:

This one I agree, is like both wearing Rolex, and one wearing fake, when shown side by side, sure malu like hell...these people really got thick skin...want go back hometown to show off to kampung ppl. Especially show In Laws that they are driving Subaru WRX STi (Saga WRX) or Tipu R Civic. (getting more and more)

Some even convert the Civic Mugen RR version too...pathetic :banghead: Wear fake rolex, carry fake LV bag and wanna fool the world is original. At least we know Mugen RR even if got also damn rare.
i oso bought certain fake things...but not because form...its more because function....i need monitoring meter in my car...didnt want the ori because cant afford..even if manage to save enough for ori later car get broken and meter stolen even more jialat......so just use rm60/pcs meter set as long as show reasonable reading and working steadily is good enough for me....if rosak throw away and buy another set...still much cheaper than ori one....even if car got broken in and meter stolen, not really sakit hati.....still can smile and go buy another one :rofl: :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
sure his bubblejet printer faster than laserjet printer :rofl: :rofl:

i oso bought certain fake things...but not because form...its more because function....i need monitoring meter in my car...didnt want the ori because cant afford..even if manage to save enough for ori later car get broken and meter stolen even more jialat......so just use rm60/pcs meter set as long as show reasonable reading and working steadily is good enough for me....if rosak throw away and buy another set...still much cheaper than ori one....even if car got broken in and meter stolen, not really sakit hati.....still can smile and go buy another one :rofl: :driver:
Ah, Meters acceptable to me, cuz DEFI not many can afford also or the PIVOT ones. For ori and more affordable one like Autogauge also at least RM200+.

Fake ones are like trying to be wannabe is what i meant haha! Some can spend more than RM10K just in order to fully convert the Myvi into Passo.

Somehow I don't see the benefit in doing that, is not like when u sell the "Toyota Passo". dealers are gonna take in as a Toyota Passo and not a Myvi. Same goes to Tipu R.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Like what my friend did on his EX5. Hehe. Seems like all sorts of things can be rated as Type 'R' nowadays.

You just made me look at mine....Exactly 16,000....hhahahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Son's friend car....hahhahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Put one on your car, add 10bhp mah! :driver:.......lol:biggrin:
SF got more posts though. :biggrin:

Your son's friend might be furious because you took pic of his Scion Myvi with R35 style rear bumpers. :rofl:

I think for NA, more hp can be achieved by reaching higher rpm through mods like high cam, reinforced engine internals, ported & polished head and so on... But from what I see for torque, engine cc does matter. Even those old B16B, 4A-GE 20V, SR16VE, 4G92 MIVEC doesn't have torque figure that is higher than these new 2 litre engine like those found in new Civic and Altis. Although their hp figures surpassed those 2 litres, but torque wise, they lost... I guess torque had something to do with engine displacement? Anyone can clarify this?

But don't compare the torque figure in a forced induction engine with NA la... haha :biggrin:

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Like what my friend did on his EX5. Hehe. Seems like all sorts of things can be rated as Type 'R' nowadays.

Your son's friend might be furious because you took pic of his Scion Myvi with R35 style rear bumpers. :rofl:

I think for NA, more hp can be achieved by reaching higher rpm through mods like high cam, reinforced engine internals, ported & polished head and so on... But from what I see for torque, engine cc does matter. Even those old B16B, 4A-GE 20V, SR16VE, 4G92 MIVEC doesn't have torque figure that is higher than these new 2 litre engine like those found in new Civic and Altis. Although their hp figures surpassed those 2 litres, but torque wise, they lost... I guess torque had something to do with engine displacement? Anyone can clarify this?

But don't compare the torque figure in a forced induction engine with NA la... haha :biggrin:

better torque low down rev range = better city driving = better fc...

older series those 1.6liter race derived engine is purely meant racing engine for street...so they didnt bother much with torque number at low rev range...just hp matter.... u should see engine power figure for na racing engine in most racing series to get the idea... (but turbocharged race engine is more less designed for good flat torque figure)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Down force or Weight force....hhahhahahhahah:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

He SiFu mah! :smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Type R sticker every where can buy......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
better torque low down rev range = better city driving = better fc...

older series those 1.6liter race derived engine is purely meant racing engine for street...so they didnt bother much with torque number at low rev range...just hp matter.... u should see engine power figure for na racing engine in most racing series to get the idea... (but turbocharged race engine is more less designed for good flat torque figure)
So, will these engines feel lethargic when driven at low rpm during city driving? Or it still feels the same with other ordinary NA engines like 4G15, 1NZ-FE, K3-VE?

Down force or Weight force....hhahhahahhahah:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

He SiFu mah! :smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Type R sticker every where can buy......:driver:
Yeah, he really is one of the ZTH sifu ma. :adore:

Type R stickers are selling quite cheap. Less than 10 bucks can get one. :biggrin: Cheap and cheerful upgrade.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha! I used to think it as fake exhaust, but I think is more for aerodynamics a.k.a air flow
Trust me, it's fake exhaust look, no aero benefit what soever! It's actually for those V6 Accords which also have twin exhasut already, but here they just use for 4 cylinder Accords.:banghead: