Noticable difference using bodykits

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah, I've heard before about many people selling things over there. A lot of good deals there?

Stick paper later become like that Ford Telstar spoiler story that you told before. :rofl:
Stick paper strips to see the wind effect, when on the fan. Not stick and use.....lol:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, that is why I mentioned even more....:driver:

To me that place is pasar, buy and sell only...:smokin:

Wing tunnel for your body kit. Come lets DIY. Stick paper strips all over, I can supply table fan......hhahahhahahhahahahha:rofl::rofl:
U need a huge fan. Stick those paper is a good idea but u need a really really big table fan :rofl:

Do post out the results and your experience about it if you really go for the wind tunnel test.

Yeah, I've heard before about many people selling things over there. A lot of good deals there?

Stick paper later become like that Ford Telstar spoiler story that you told before. :rofl:
If only got such Wind Tunnel test in Malaysia only see how. Maybe will ask my friend again for the exact name of the shop and location since he plan to mod his FN2R into a monster with widebodykit...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Stick paper strips to see the wind effect, when on the fan. Not stick and use.....lol:biggrin:
LOL, I think I got your meaning wrong earlier. Sorry :rofl:

U need a huge fan. Stick those paper is a good idea but u need a really really big table fan :rofl:

If only got such Wind Tunnel test in Malaysia only see how. Maybe will ask my friend again for the exact name of the shop and location since he plan to mod his FN2R into a monster with widebodykit...
You need a really big facility to have a full fledged wind tunnel testing ground... Or maybe it is just some mini wind tunnel inside a workshop or something. :biggrin:

Off topic a bit, FN2R cannot win FD2R in terms of performance. But I can't deny that FN2R does have that cool look with that spaceship looking dashboard while FD2R just look like the common Civic to those with untrained eyes. :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I thought Subaru's flat 4 is always famous for having high torque? Their late versions of EJ20 turbo have over 400nm torque in a 2 litre engine.... Slightly more than what Evo have in 4G63T and 4B11T...(not talking about the FQ400 version here)

I din't join LYN but from what I can see, they have all sorts of topics about almost everything right?
I thought you still in LYN.....hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

VR got torque, if not Scooby doo even more......:driver:

ej got massive torque....but not as low as most street tuned car....normally around 3k rpm above will the massive torque arrive mashing u to the seat... :driver:

but below 3k rpm i prefer NA engine torque and response....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ej got massive torque....but not as low as most street tuned car....normally around 3k rpm above will the massive torque arrive mashing u to the seat... :driver:

That means if you keep it to below 3k rpm during driving, then the car won't surprise you with it's sudden acceleration and power? If that is the case, then it should make city driving easier. Imagine if during traffic jam and the car suddenly jumps forward when you release the clutch a bit too early...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
That means if you keep it to below 3k rpm during driving, then the car won't surprise you with it's sudden acceleration and power? If that is the case, then it should make city driving easier. Imagine if during traffic jam and the car suddenly jumps forward when you release the clutch a bit too early...
the case is when going WOT.....haha

but normal drive also u will feel a bit the transition change of torque at around 3k rpm......during traffic jam also nobody rev past 2500rpm.... :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the case is when going WOT.....haha

but normal drive also u will feel a bit the transition change of torque at around 3k rpm......during traffic jam also nobody rev past 2500rpm.... :driver:
Ah, during WOT is it. I thought like maybe half throttle you can feel the powerful torque.

During jams or at traffic light, I usually let the car infront move a bit further first if I am driving a car that I am not familiar with because sometimes I don't know how fast the car will move forward after I release the clutch. There are also many cases that the fellow in front just decides to stop suddenly after moving a little which is dangerous if my car accelerates a bit too fast.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I can supply table fan only.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

Even if have wind tunnel, not worth to pay go test ah beng body kits right and more over on jetta, kelisa and your SLK which mostly not driven at high speed....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Yup, of course after 3k rpm the turbo comes in, it is a different beast, but even below 3k the torque good enough to go round town. I drove my ex colleagues sti out for lunch and with 2 passengers can easily drive around in 4th gear at low speed.:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Even if have wind tunnel, not worth to pay go test ah beng body kits right and more over on jetta, kelisa and your SLK which mostly not driven at high speed....:rolleyes:

Yup, of course after 3k rpm the turbo comes in, it is a different beast, but even below 3k the torque good enough to go round town. I drove my ex colleagues sti out for lunch and with 2 passengers can easily drive around in 4th gear at low speed.:driver:
Ya if expensive then not worth it. I think Supra will be a better car to do such test. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

That depends on how much that the wind tunnel test costs. Too expensive then not worth it.

Hehe, you can drive STI easily because you're already used to high power turbo cars like your VR ma. :biggrin:

Ya if expensive then not worth it. I think Supra will be a better car to do such test. :biggrin:
Supra is already aerodynamically superior than our normal cars. Looking at the shape can tell. Or bring a hybrid car like Prius, Insight, CRZ. I heard they are designed to be aerodynamic in order to have less air resistance.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From a book about toyota, the engineers from toyota have put a lots of thought during the development of Supra. Even the windscreen wipers are designed to be non-interfering to the aero when the car is driven at high speed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That depends on how much that the wind tunnel test costs. Too expensive then not worth it.

Hehe, you can drive STI easily because you're already used to high power turbo cars like your VR ma. :biggrin:

Supra is already aerodynamically superior than our normal cars. Looking at the shape can tell. Or bring a hybrid car like Prius, Insight, CRZ. I heard they are designed to be aerodynamic in order to have less air resistance.

From a book about toyota, the engineers from toyota have put a lots of thought during the development of Supra. Even the windscreen wipers are designed to be non-interfering to the aero when the car is driven at high speed.
True true...the car design is already meant for that...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There are type of Supra altogether. The most famous one is JZA80 Supra Mark IV. Back in 1992, I can say that JZA80 is on par with supercars of those days when it comes to performance. Pinnacle of Toyota's sports car technology in that time.

Another similar high tech car like this during that time would be Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT. I heard that the initial batch came with electronically adjustable aerodynamic parts, 4 wheel steering and electronic suspension... I think most of these are cut out during later batches to cut costs....

Then there is Z32 300ZX which is one of the first production cars designed by a supercomputer... NA1 Honda NSX is also born around this time. Mazda came out with their own luxury sports car as well which is the 3 rotor 20B engine Mazda Cosmo. Another high tech car back in those days...

Damn, it seems that I find it hard to stop when it comes to talking about the glorious days of Japanese manufacturers back in early 90s...

True true...the car design is already meant for that...
No point making Prius looks sporty when it can't go fast. Those rims totally defeats the purpose of a fuel saving hybrid car. Increase fuel consumption. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the title suggest,
Why does manufacturer apply such system. For example, the olw Merc W124 is equipped with a rear brake disc but the handbrake is using a drum and brake shoe. It looks like any normal disc because we cant see the mechanism on the inside center hub of the disc.
Other vehicle using is is the Pajero Sport.

Some conti cars are using seperate smaller caliper on the rear disc as handbrake.

Why do they do this?

I read online someone said its to prevent the disc from being...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience