NGV for high performance vehicle??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Dear all,

NGV are commonly seen only in original car, but can it be installed to modified car as well? such as turbocharged or hi-compression NA engine? is there any side effect or changes in parts & price? NGV sounded very attractive but need to sort out a few issue before i can go further..

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
in the states,
CNG even installed in mustangs,and we are talkin about 4++ ponies....
try to google it,green mustang

WajaRS

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
PJ
hmm..turbo charged ngv has yet to see one but I've heard some volvo's with soft turbo has installed..you try google and search, last time got one kancil turbo track car running on ngv..ddat was decades back..wonder does this car still exist..So far mine is still running fine for nearly 2 years..I'm using mivec..so far so good..it depends on what kit you choose to suite your ride and also reputable installers and tuners..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
hmm..turbo charged ngv has yet to see one but I've heard some volvo's with soft turbo has installed..you try google and search, last time got one kancil turbo track car running on ngv..ddat was decades back..wonder does this car still exist..So far mine is still running fine for nearly 2 years..I'm using mivec..so far so good..it depends on what kit you choose to suite your ride and also reputable installers and tuners..
Care to share where you install and how much for that? i m using mivec as well, but wira

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
i used to work in NGV conversion workshop...and i have a colleague who install NGV in a Eterna twin-turbo converted Proton Perdana.....it seems like no problem and working just fine....he is using Landi-Renzo kit if not mistaken....

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
Care to share where you install and how much for that? i m using mivec as well, but wira
i dont think Mivec should be a problem to convert....just that u will feel lost of power when using NGV n petrol....NGV works normal whether its turbo or NA.....the most significant differences is the power...thats all....

and the wear n tear of engine components will be higher compare to using petrol due to the heat and slight higher compression.....

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
How about using NGV on high compression engines? Any experiences from anyone?

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
hi guys,

my business partner too is running a NGV workshop in Shah Alam. They import their own kit and cylinder under their own licensing, i.e. the SIRIM and DOSH cert for cylinder.
I had 4 of my company car installed by them, 08 Vios, 1st BMW mini Cooper, and 2 perdana. All went well for the past 6 months.

Generally, Natural Gas works better under higher compression N/A engine. In fact, a study shows the Natural Gas works the best under the 16:1 comp ratio.
When people says the power loss in our normal petrol engine when running on it, its all due to the relatively low comp ratio for Natural Gas combustion.

This is a sample of how a typical n/a engine would work under gas. Dynoed the car in Links sunway though. However, the judgement of the graph itself cant justify the normal driving condition as it was carried out under 3rd gear and FULL throttle. generally, we should have much better curve in part throttle.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Just to double check...

If my car has equipped with emanage, do i need to retune it to match with NGV or everything can remain no change?

WajaRS

500 RPM
May 19, 2005
PJ
Did mine in PJ area..Cost me around RM7K plus for sequential kit..was running on Injection kit before this but I felt that its not suitable as my car is running on coil packs and requires tunning once in awhile..Power has been less using the injection kit..After I switch to sequential kit, everything goes well and was problem free..I enjoyed my ride very much now..if interested, I can show you my ride

tony5050

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
hi guys,

Anyone interested in the Sequential kit, to any 4 cylinder cars, i had an offer from my fren's place in Shah Alam for RM6000 with 75litre type I cylinder.
Also, anyone who can recommend any of his frens or relatives gets RM200 commision. Do drop me PM if you have any lead so i can divert you to my fren in Shah Alam. Many thanks.

Zac,

From what i know how the seuqntial system works, i dont think it will have any effect. It will run like normal. Thanks

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
Just to double check...

If my car has equipped with emanage, do i need to retune it to match with NGV or everything can remain no change?

no need...if ur car is fuel injection...must install the NGV sequential kit...mixer is only for carb engine.....

no need tune ur emanage n everything remain same...as sequential kit have their own ECU to tune the gas rich or lean...and the ignition timing.....tuning part as something like tuning emanage too on the laptop.....

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
there are still lack of expertise in installing NGV in european and continental cars....as there is experiences that the installer burn the whole ECU of the vehicle....

DRiftAGster

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
well, there are many "half-skilled" NGV installer in the market - even though they might claim to be very experienced. Japanese/Korean make or European/Continental make doesn't make any difference. It call comes down to the experience of the installer.

the best testimony for a shop/installer would be the cars that they have installed and how these cars are running.

after observing so many NGVs on the road for so long, this CNG powered Mini Cooper is definitely 1 of a kind.

the owner told me the cars is fitted with a sequential system, the mileage is only RM 0.06 per km, runs extremely smooth and powerful, power loss is almost negligible. i can see from the engine bay the installation work are also neatly done - especially on this compact and tight engine bay.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where to post this but I think most DIY members should know better.
I'm looking for this clip which hold Wira's rear number plate frame.
Anyone knows where to get them? I've tried spare part shops and they don't have it.
Where else could I get hold of this? Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience