NGV Converted Cars Community

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Hi.. Lets share some of our experiences and knowledge about converted petrol/disel cars to run on NGV here.. :)

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Baby Jap: you've converted to NGV?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
I've heard from a cousin of mine who drives taxi that once u've converted NGV... after awhile.. a very short while, the engine will start to have problems..and even having said that, the hoses leaks every now and then. The long que for the NGV fill up is really a killer. Recently, i took a cab and i confirmed this with the cab driver as well. Is this true (3rd opinion)?

thanks

vv777vv

Jul 4, 2008
problem with the engine most likely caused by installing the wrong NGV kit, there are 2 type available in the market, the cheaper - mixer type are meant for carburetor cars, but most local shops will install it on your fuel injection cars also, thats when the problem arise...

the more expensive conversion kit are designed for fuel injection cars, it will not cause you any problem.

as far as leaking problems, maybe it depends on the installer's work quality....

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
does it really worth the price to install NGV? i did enquired for the install into civic eg and it cost 3.5k...anyone has installed the NGV recently...will the mixture of gas and fuel damage the engine?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
main problem is cooling....as running in gas is more dry, the temperature is higher...so if ur cooling sytem is clogged...u wil get overheated easily...

and recommended to use higher VI engine oil to prevents engine oil molecues break easily....as combustion chamber is high temp n dry, lubrication system is very important here to protect it. otherwise ur valves, valve seats are easily gone..... :)

btw, rm3.5k in civic eg is quite cheap,if ur eg is efi engine....

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
hmmms.. what can we do to improve the cooling system.. if perdana.. what engine oil velosity is recommended.. ? =)

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
hmmms.. if perdana v6 mixer kit then also use 10w50.. ? any diff between mixer and sequential for perdana v6.. ? eg short term and long term effects..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
auto injection cars uses sequential ngv which is rm4500. auto switching

vv777vv

Jul 4, 2008
just wondering how many people out there really installing sequential kit for their FI cars?? coz the workshop i know seems to install mixer kit on every car that comes to them telling them it's fine... but i've already seen problem surfacing on these cars

reliability - i was told NGV has been used for years in europe and south american continent and they do not face much problem, is that true??

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
I will install the ngv kit if government promise not to increase the price of gas in drastic increase otherwise its a futile effort to do so, becos the ngv tank cost takes at least 1 year to recover.
Then another issue is that what will happen to your car value when you decide to sell your car with ngv kits, will the used car dealer take your car at great discount becos common perception is that ngv kit after a few years will suffer leakage due of the worn out of the piping. Usually they will treat your car like those taxi. You see installing the ngv kits is expensive, what about return the car to the stock condition of the car, will it be costly few years down the road from now? or will it be worthwhile to convert back to stock when you decide to sell your car?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
my dad got ngv in his van...1yr edi n no probs...rm10=200km..
covered back the cost edi

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
natural gas wont damage ur engine... in fact, it increases ur engine lifespan...

in a normal fuel combustion engine, minor fuel will leak thru the piston ring and mix with engine oil.... normal fossil fuel will wash away engine oil, hence, reducing lubricant in ur engine...

meanwhile, natural gas wont wash away engine oil in ur engine.... lubricant maintains in ur engine, hence increasing engine lifespan up to 50 percent...

main disadvantage of NGV is loss of engine power (approx 10 percent) due to low engine volumetric efficiency.... another problem is cooling system... ignition temperature will increase and reduces valve seal lifespan....

main advantage of NGV... high octane level.... approx 120 (110 for LPG).... higher octane fuel eliminates knocking and detonation, hence engine can run smoother and lifespan increases....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what are the price of lancer gt for year 07-09?i love that car so badly but to afford a new one is tak mampu lor...is it possible for someone like me to afford that car
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience