NGV Converted Cars Community

laut

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
can anyone explain what is the diff between mixer type and sequential type
why sequential is expensive? is it due to to electronic parts?

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
mixer u can switch between petrol and gas manually.. sequential changes petrol to gas and vice versa automatically with the instruction of the ecu, and it detects when best to use gas and when best to use petrol.. and yeahhs, sequential is more expensive because of the additional ecu.. if u using old model car, mixer will do fine.. if new model, many installers will recommend sequential.. cos if the ecu feel gas not enough power to push the car, it will auto change to petrol.. u cant always force gas to power up ur car.. if u do, ur internal will kong very fast..

laut

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
how bout in terms of handling
is it give effect due to more weight at the back
if we use petrol at that time, does the perfomance also drop comparing to those original petrol car

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
what is the risk of explosion due to improper installation?
u all know lar, this is MALAYSIA boleh-land...

Bump: what is the risk of explosion due to improper installation?

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
how bout in terms of handling
is it give effect due to more weight at the back
if we use petrol at that time, does the perfomance also drop comparing to those original petrol car
due to the weight, it is recommended to put stiffer springs at the back so ur car's height wont go down.. :) performance is abt the same if u use petrol against those original petrol car.. jst maybe it feels like carrying additional 1 more passanger only.. the weight of the tank is approx 30-40kg for a 70L semi fiber tank.. :)

Bump:
what is the risk of explosion due to improper installation?

Bump: what is the risk of explosion due to improper installation?
actually ngv is very easy to install.. if u use proper kit, the chances of explosion is minimal.. even there is a leak, there won't be any explosion.. only ur gas will go down very fast.. :) explosion happens because some ppl use the cooking gas tank to fill in ngv gas.. ngv tank can stand up to 300 bar pressure whereas cooking gas tank can only tahan 30 bar pressure.. i think thats obvious why u hear those explosion cases happening due to cooking gas tank.. for those cars using the ngv kits, even though they have improper installation, no cases of explosion has happen when using the right ngv kits are concern.. :)

Mar 21, 2008
May I just ask a direct question ?

I heard taxi drivers says NGV is not good for the engine, for it's runs on gas without lubricant agent compared to petrol.

Can anyone enlighten me plz ? Coz I been thinking to install NGV too, to save my pocket

thanks

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006

I heard taxi drivers says NGV is not good for the engine, for it's runs on gas without lubricant agent compared to petrol.

Can anyone enlighten me plz ? Coz I been thinking to install NGV too, to save my pocket

thanks
u're right.. its not so gd for the engine cos its on gas.. out engines are built for petrol usage.. but the prices of petrol is so high, so wat can we do.. =(

but even though there are so many criticism abt ngv, the taxis are still using it.. most complain is the loss of power.. but that can be dealt with a good tuner.. :) those who have prob with their engine means they're not maintaining their car the good way.. for example, ngv cars need use engine oil 20-50w or 20-60w because ngv is hotter.. i personally advice ppl to go for mixer cos u can switch between petrol and gas anytime.. so on and off u can switch to petrol to reduce the burden on the engine.. if u're using perdana v6, better to use shell 10-40w bcos of the hydrolic tappets.. if normal engine, 20-50w would be good.. :)

Bar7MonsteR

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Putrajaya & UK
good news.....now kemaman got 1 ngv filling station!!!

accidently see it..without hesitation...u turn..filll it...and save quarter tank of fuel...

nice!

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
hahaas.. goood to hear that.. ;)

dzextreme

May 21, 2009

thanks
yellop,

bro u cant compare your car with taxi...coz u see taxi are mostly travel around 150 above perday,let say permonth 150kmx30days=4500 4500kmx12month=54000 54000kmx60months=3240000km..while ours maybe round 60-80km..Any car i guess if reached that kind of milage must be koyak also... In Brazil and Argentina they have used NGV over 20years..

Im using new Hyundai Accent 1.6 NGV..since Septem2008
never have problem with my engine for now..its true u must have a good lubricant and Coolant..
but for me as long the car already safe my pocket money evryday, why shouldnt i spend bit from my saving for the service once for 3 months...its for my long term investment for the car...

For my fc Rm9.00 can get 160-180km depend on my driving mood..if i drive up hill just change it to petrol.. no problem at all..till now my milage is alreadi reached 35km..cheap maa..hari2 jalan2..

My advice..Not everycar is suitable for NGV..Get professional advice or buy new HYundai Car that comes with NGV so u dont have to be afraid even your new car..coz its already included in warranty...

Happy driving :driver:

baby_jap_wawa

2,000 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
if u are worried that ur car kenot use ngv or wat, then use sequential system.. those cars with turbos are recommended to use this system cos it can pump in more gas and switch to petrol automatically when gas itself is not sufficient to drive the car eg during high boost.. :)

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
i have installed ngv kit since last 3 years...until now, no problem wif my iswara 1.5 carb...juz a bit hot in the engine bay..dats all..i know it will reduce power..but so far,i mod it bit by bit to increase back my car power..pivot original volt stabilizer, zenden 4-2-1 extractor, wai heng middle bullet (small) and wai heng muffler..So, far im proud of it..(still student,not enough money):biggrin:

juz bare in mind, ngv cars must always take a gud care about maintainance..thats all..proper coolant, proper engine oil..n must change the rubber vacuum hose to silicon..cuz it really hot n wil spoil the rubber...ive changed mine dee n no probs at all..now juz wait for the time to change my radiator hose oni..

about power,u guys can try to change, high cam, adj cam pulley, crank pulley, flywheel, and clutch plate...sure it will more power..if u guy wan to save petrol but also want to have a powerful car...my 2cents k..dats is my plan for my beloved car..

about overheating, shud use proper engine oil, coolant n etc..sum of my fren said their car realy hot when using ngv.so the solution is, using sound proof at the firewall..it will reduce the heat..thats all..

all above is my experienced n my opinion...if im wrong, please correct me...
just sharring only..:driver:
glad to hear from the sifu's again..

masprops78

Jul 20, 2005
Seremban
Hi all, talking about NGV some people says that Volvo was not suit with it. But i dont believe it & try to my 240GL (M) Carb system with mixer. It has been 3 yrs & so far so good. Plus my NGV has been installed with HHO system by myself. It improved yr GC, power & less heat to engine. So far my car looks fine untill i sold to my fren. & now install Mixer system to my 240GL (A) Injection, yes at first can feel not much diff but after a while can feel the power loss. Start my own R&D, regap plug or change plug, tuning & so on. Btw i do it by myself & i satified with it. Im not a workshop owner nor NGV supplier but MY SINCERE PERSONAL advice to those want or installed NGV, pls get more info about NGV so that not kena pancung by installer. Some of them NOT HONEST THAT NOT REALLY KNOW about SOME brand of cars, maybe expert in few brand, let say japs car but they not good in conti car. So yr conti (if drive conti car) will be their trial error later on...u will suffer by coming up & down for tuning tuning & tuning....

Im talking about my own eperienced, thats why i preferer to do it by myself but that only after years playing with NGV to my own car.

Btw, NGV MIxer if u can get correct fine tuning with it correct accessories eg, plug, mixer, brand of kit, chocker (if req) cable plug, engine oil & most important yr cooling system must in good cond....than that should be ok. Specially if u're driving Volvo K-Jet inj where YOU MUST INSTALL KIT & PROPER TUNING TO PREVENT BACK-FIRE. THIS ENGINE CAN NOT HAVE EVEN ONE TIME BACK-FIRE...once backfire only it will damage yr inj system confirm need replacement. Unlike other car or engine system where back-fire only coz u uneasy to move but the car stll can move!!

DON'T ASK NON NGV INSTALLER OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED WORKSHOP ABOUT NGV, you only get NEGATIVE RESULT. This happend when they will loose bussiness coz all NGV car must be serviced by NGV workshop only...or else you're in trouble!!

By asking some taxi driver they will said that NGV good & some says bad. Depends to their experienced. To me if you take care about maintenance & proper sevicing your NGV should be fine. Mine for 3++ years never do any dismental to the kit..No problem maa, why should i open it?? hehehe

Masprops78

Dec 17, 2014
Got a 12yr old Wira 2 years ago. Finally installed the NGV system 2 months ago in Kepong. Been running on the cheap for the past 2 months. Average about RM 5-7 per day for Kepong-Cyberjaya-Kepong. Been a very satisfied driver since then.:biggrin: Saving about RM 200-300 per month average.

Although some care are being shared by the mechanic, such as cooling system, spark plugs and plug cables. Everything are in good order. One thing which my mechanic emphasized is the cooling. Must check everytime when pumping NGV with the bonnet open.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My road tax is expiring very soon. So I went to MyEG Kepong Village to renew it since I was around there this afternoon. To my disgust, they wanted to charge me RM30 service fee and I was like, wtf so expensive??? I asked the counter girl if this expensive service charge is a norm and she said yes all these while it is RM30. If renew at post office its only RM2. I went to MyEG because I have not get my geran yet since it is a new car.

So I went home, logged in MYEG, and paid RM98.75 for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience