Next autokhana event...

LanNismo

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
basically...KJ.
www.supermarch.cjb.net
canken2 said:
LanNismo,

1st timer no need to re-build cars. just make sure brakes and engine working well. after the event you'll have a better idea what you want to improve on and mod. even the champ is doing continuous improvement.;)
ermmm izzit...even got some problem wif dry-shaft...or bumpy...absorber...
please help me...@

any training...???

Lan

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
KillerB where are u...
LanNismo(novice) needs help, that includes me too;)

LanNismo
In an Autocross it will be driven harder than normal.
make sure yr car is road worthy, the includes drive shaft and suspensions too, harder absorver setup will reduce bodyroll when taking slaloms and tight turns.
Bracing helps too, the XX bars, stiffens the whole chassis. Less body flex. nicer when taking corners.

Follow KiilerB's Autocross checklist. Practice? me oso need lots of it:p

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
LanNismo said:
ermmm izzit...even got some problem wif dry-shaft...or bumpy...absorber...
please help me...@

any training...???

Lan
A healthy drive-shaft is especially important for FF to watch out for and a faulty absorber will slowly provide problems to the FF drive-train.... take care.

when is the next autocross event ar? very sien ler these days... wanna find something to do already :P

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ah thanks guys for the replies, looking forward to 22nd may :) anymore details on it pls?

julianpang,
yeah i've met you before at taipan mamak with airfilter and g88 last time...you were a bit high liao haha. when you were telling kim seng about your new absorbers. that was like a looong time ago :)

canken2,
recieved your PM, maybe we can practice together for autocross eh? umm, contemplating on going with stock everything and then decide what to improve from there on. cause i'm sing oem replacement kayabas front and back...wonder if it'll do for now?

killerb,
should i keep my abs on? or should i just remove the fuse as to disable abs? cause i find it a bit wierd when i dive into a corner and brake a little to hard, the abs kicks in and i can't really feel the tyre feedback anymore. anyone can comment on this?

mk84,
what is gymkhana actually? care to explain all the terms and technical mambo-jumbo pls? :)

mrmic2,
thanks for the info..therefore i've saved rm600 haha. :P

thanks guys, keep this thread going :)

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
eater_eg6 said:
daniel ,
long time no c d lar.. :) how r u recently ??? c u on 22nd may ya.. :)

c u all there ya.. :)
hey... long time no see you liao? how's the car? see you guys there on 22nd May :)

swamp_rat

May 5, 2005
Gymkhana, autokhana, skilled driving test, auto test are all the same thing with different names used in different countries. Basically the event involves skilled driving forwards and reversing. The tests are relatively short and speeds are very low, so are good entry-level events for newcomers. Overseas many people build "specials" specifically for these events to give good handing and plenty of power.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
swamp_rat said:
Gymkhana, autokhana, skilled driving test, auto test are all the same thing with different names used in different countries. Basically the event involves skilled driving forwards and reversing. The tests are relatively short and speeds are very low, so are good entry-level events for newcomers. Overseas many people build "specials" specifically for these events to give good handing and plenty of power.
yep. And many ppl in malaysia like to go to the tracks, but really, short courses are the start to track days. It's a race, but u don't brush fenders with other cars, cuz u do it one car at a time.

PS : I've posted a new discussion topic, just to widen the topics of conversation in this autox/sso/gymkhana thingy :)

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
whatdamn,
If I were u, and this is my first time, i'll drive it with abs on first. See how it drives. Then decide whether I need the abs in the next round.

eater,
No need to register first for the kks autox i think. Best to ask MK84. U kuantan mari bringing how many cars? :p

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
julian pang champ until "pang pang" sound
MR2 oso he can sapu
no problem
rain?lagi no problem
the heavier the better
he use his rain driving technique (similar to drunken kungfu)
wahahahhaha

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
LanNismo,

I would advise you to change your faulty drive shaft first. You wouldnt want your drive shaft to come off in the middle of the race right? You dont need to really do up your car all at one go. Most of us upgrade our cars progressively. When I ran my first event in early 2004, I didnt have any mods at all done to my car. I was running with stock standard rims & suspensionr. My first one was damn fun. My car was going everywhere and it lean like a sampan at sea. After that, I upgraded it slowly & I could feel the difference on each mod I have done to the car. Thats the fun part.

whatdamn,

Yup... I was a bit high at that time after my happy hour session. Where's Henry nowadays? We should yam char soon. Msg me if there is any TT session. 019-2710000

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
simonchangwaimun said:
julian pang champ until "pang pang" sound
MR2 oso he can sapu
no problem
rain?lagi no problem
the heavier the better
he use his rain driving technique (similar to drunken kungfu)
wahahahhaha
Thats bcoz I have been racing these events for a while. I am sure one day you will be there too. When I ran my first event, I was like a typical newbie and knew nothing about driving fast. After a few rounds of events, you will get a hang of it.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
julianpang,
henry ar, haven't heard much from him the past year...stopped yum chaing with the WiSE grp liao...haha sure man no prob. i might come to see the event first to get a brief idea on how the event is run first. cause 2 weeks time might be a bit to short for me to get new tyres...unless kks will have tyre sponsors? cause i'm currently waiting for sponsor replies. as my es100s are dying liao. sigh.

killerb,
just tired the car without abs and it felt more or less the same when driving with it on. the only prob is my left brakes were smoking after a few runs around b.jalil park carpark :p

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi members,

I'm happy to be in the memberlist of this forum.

Now, I've just bought a Proton Saga LMST 1.3(M), year 2005.

In order to take a good care of the engine and performance, I would love to get good parts for the car.

I'm in the plan of changing a good spark plug. Anyone here can recommend me a good plug? I heard Bosch Platinum +4 is a hell of outstanding performance plug. Is that true and how much does it cost over here in Malaysia?

Your reply will be helpful for me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience