Newbie Mivec 1.8

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Hi..

Surely not a sifu, but wanted to share...

a. for me, the best piston would be re-installing back mivec piston...surely compression will knock out high.. but can be manage by slotting in a thicker metal head gasket to reduce it and later installing piggybacks to eliminate knocking..

b. my afr setting oso is at 4 bar, thats the best setting for my car...more or less will make the engine 'lemau'...

c. Fuel pump...im using walbro...previously using a 4wd fuel pump...serves me ok...

d. injector..for 1.8 better use 275cc and aboved...if ur using back the 1.6 injector; afraid it will become 'lemau' at hi rpm...

btw...manage to install n set e-manage last month...result: a decent 155whp with 16.3 torque on dyno..maybe later will upload the dyno chart.. :biggrin:

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Hi Sapeqlaa, what is the gasket thickness that you are using on mivec 1.8 ? I got knocking problem during high reving so need to retard cam distributor. Please advice
Bro,

I'm using 1.2 mm ones...:nurse:..but for me using a thicker ones oso only reduce by a little margin..

The best solution is to get management..piggyback or maybe standalone if u have spare cash in hands...if not just go for SAFC to get the tuning rite and eliminate knockings..

My best bet for cash...invest on emanage blue + rechipped ur ecu..get it tune..sure u rasa the difference already...knocking oso hilang...:biggrin:

If u say the knocking is at high rpm...my advice is to get it done asap...kesian ur block..

Dbass

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Ampang, Selango
Dear Sifu Mivec, need your help please...
If I using 1.6 piston (non Mivec) in 4g93 block, what kind of thickness metal gasket is needed?
1.2mm or 1.5mm?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
currently i using a mivec ck turbo.....1.8 also.... for ur set up (i just give my opinion,i m not sifu) ,get emanage and bigger cc injector(recommend evo 3 enough),tuned, and save cost for better clutch if u r still stock clutch...i recommend exedy 3 puck racing clutch is enough for u since u r na....power is useless if u don have gud clutch to catch it.... i have my own condition here coz my 3 puck cant no longer hold the power and when mivec comes after turbo, got sound but no power, therefore i wan change to 4 puck soon..... if u gt more budget later get ogura or other better clutch coz they last more longer

4G93NAPower

Known Member
Nov 23, 2008
Penang
Goodday sifus & ZTH netizens...

I'm a newbie..even not sure where should i introduce myself in ZTH..if i have mistakenly posted my queries at the wrong section...i am terribly sorry...so crossing my fingers here...

Hoping to received enlightenment on how to better off my ride...specs:

Mivec 1.6 head with a 1.8 gsr block
275cc injectors
K&N open port air filter..
sard fuel regulator
walbro fuel pump
PnP head
Adj. Cam Pulley
2.2 piping with straight end
1.5 lsd gearbox
standard mivec ecu...

My questions would be:

a. What are the relevance of placing in a high impedance injectors..say 390cc to a mivec 1.8..does the standard ecu support the output??..if it does...is it safe??..

b. Currently have a small budget around 2k to obtain piggyback...thinking of getting e-manage...some say, go for bling2, meaning safc or apexi neo..still in a dilemma...any suggestions?

c. A friend recommended me to install apexi super ignition timing control (SITC)...barang + labor around RM600..is it worth it?...can i couple together piggybacks and SITC?...or is it redundant?...

pardon me if some of the questions have been already discussed before...still learning to find my way in to this website...TQ...

cheers... :)

a. What are the relevance of placing in a high impedance injectors..say 390cc to a mivec 1.8..does the standard ecu support the output??..if it does...is it safe??..
240cc injector is more than enough to support 1.8 mivec conversion and even 83mm oversize piston

b. Currently have a small budget around 2k to obtain piggyback...thinking of getting e-manage...some say, go for bling2, meaning safc or apexi neo..still in a dilemma...any suggestions?
Get E-Manage Blue

c. A friend recommended me to install apexi super ignition timing control (SITC)...barang + labor around RM600..is it worth it?...can i couple together piggybacks and SITC?...or is it redundant?...
Save it, you can control ignition from E-Manage Blue

Etc/Correction
Mivec 1.6 head with a 1.8 gsr block and use back 4G92 Mivec Pison
240cc injectors
K&N open port air filter
sard fuel regulator
walbro fuel pump
PnP head
Adj. Cam Pulley
2.2 piping with straight end
1.5 lsd gearbox
standard mivec ecu
E-Manage Blue

Last edited:

Dbass

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Ampang, Selango
Is it true....somebody said using Metal Gasket, it will drink a lot of Water Radiator/coolant?
Anobody can comment......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blardy hell.....Either they have fact to proof the cars they sell really belonged to all teachers.....or they are downright blardy liars.....

CANGGIH MOTOR ENTERPRISE SDN BHD - PRO Niaga Store on Mudah.my

I wonder what is next?? Car owners previously female virgins??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience