Need your advice in getting sporty car

Sep 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Interested to treat myself a sporty car with a monthly salary approx 4k which I can rare it comfortably without any huge sudden maintenance costs / loan.

May I know which are the good options that are available in the market (preferably car manufactured / registered in year 2006 and above)?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, u din mention how much d/p u got and how much u allocate every month for the installment..

viperxs

Jul 6, 2006
Since no mention of d/p, how much you are willing to pay monthly and how long, I would just throw my suggestion :D
VW golf gti and its brand new
Audi TT
Z3/Z4
SLK
Even porsche also can though that would eat you salary and end up enough just for petrol

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
no sport car lah bro...only rm4k monthy salary u think u able drive sport car new?if u buy old one,worry it need maintenance lot...sini rosak sana rosak...problem never stop...
new car,maintenance free,under warrantry ma...toyota,nissan,honda or local proton/perodua...
may i know how much u can pay dp important Q? or u wan take car without pay single cent?how much u able pay monthly after take loan?1k,2k,3k or 4k...how about petrol?toll...
think it again bro/sis..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
RM4,000.

Ok generally to take a loan the repayment cannot be more than 30% to 40% of the overall salary minus existing loans and obligations. Assuming you have no other loans :

40% is RM1600.

That can cover quite a lot of cars. The only other thing is how much downpayment you can afford. One of the cheapest sporty 2-door cars you can buy is the Mazda RX7 FD. The other is MRS. But prepare to pay for petrol for the FD.

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
The new Myvi 1.5?! Lagi best, lagi mahal... :rofl: Just kidding bro. Don't be hating... On a serious note tho, like the guys mentioned, you need to advise us on your d/p affordability & the monthly allocation for the car (installments/fuel/maintenance/mods,roadtax + insurance/emergency) as I do believe not all the 4K is going to the car. Of cause there's other bills/chores/responsibility/savings that you might have unless well you're still staying with your folks?! No offence ya...

Last edited:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
can la 4k... but old or not to old sportr car la... but make sure u got at least 10 to 45k deposit 1st... car i suggest to u is like Celica, Airtrek Turbo, Altezza, MR-S, Evo 4, 5, 6,7 , Subaru Ver 4,5,7 , Silvia S14, 15, 180sx convert, Rx7 enfini, Rx8, Caldina GT or NA, FTO, GTO.... or Honda Civic EK3, Intergra DC2... and better if u stay with ur family so more money can be save to maintain the car.... to reduce cost for maintaining a sport car ..at least u must know how to find cheap parts, know runner, buddies to halfcut towkey and know a little or more about repair car and can do it by ur self oso for minor problem....hehe

btw not too high spec tyre for silvia 18in rim brand new will cost u RM600 each, cun one will cost u nearly 1k each....

- in same time try find extra money from ur extra jobs..maybe u can be a parts runner or sell things on e-bay...:)

Last edited:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
anycar will be ok.. if you buy it as a Weekend car... and keep aditional 10k if you going for secondhand incase anything screwed up... owh.. if your not into performance i will Suggest the Celica GTS... easy to maintain and cheap..

haziq_evo

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've also been thinking about something similar, but my options spread over two wheels as well since I already have a daily driver. I would suggest a mazda mx5 miata (NA), evo 4-6, old supra :P but of course everyone knows maintenance will be a killer.. hence the two wheel options such as:
kawasaki er6, honda cbr 250, kawasaki ninja 250, or if you're a bit generous a four pot yamaha xj6..

just my two cents on your situation :)

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Running a sporty car is expensive dude, maintenence bet 5-10k per year.
Anyway out of karl razlie's list, the best you can afford is the FTO...and its no mean feat.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
just get a neo r3, rm79797...good for daily drive and some spirited drive..rm4k, more than enuf...maintenance....cheap!..warranty 2 years..so wont burn hole in yr pocket. bodyparts...reasonable price.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
Neo R3 is good... bad bad things is after 3 or 1 year u own her... maybe ur Neo R3 become Normal Neo... hehhehehe... coz Neo R3 will be target by car thief.... btw i seen before one damm cun FTO...Flat Black Satin Colour...dunno the owner...but nice car... power ok oso...

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Buying a car is not only about affording the monthly payment.

U'll need to fork out for the down payment, insurance, roadtax to name just a few. Don't forget the maintenance and fuel costs as well.

Forget about FD3S, Silvias and such as those cars would be much older than the 2006 limit the threadstarter mentioned. Plus, there's no way to get hire purchase with FD3S and older Silvias; even the newer S15 barely gets bank loan these days.

Personal loan is possible but interest is high. At 4k monthly salary I won't even dare to take personal loan just to buy an old car.

Maintenance is subjective, older car may mean more frequent visits to the workshop but not necessarily more expensive. It's the modding bug that gets to u.

I'd say get the Kia Forte Koup. Nice car I would say if u can go around the badge. It's new and still able to get 90% hire purchase and there's manufacturer's warranty to boot.

The other option is the Satria Neo R3s. Proton it is but u can bet the extra cost in buying the Neo R3 is well worth it, though again if u can go around the badge.

Live within ur means.. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eB6R3h05Qh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch this video of the Audi heritage explained and the introduction of the new Audi TT RS. The Quattro drivetrain has been here for almost 3 decades. A great heritage explained in the video and definitely reasons why our beloved friend Izso, loves one. Here's to you buddy! Enjoy the video
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience