Take care of your belongings

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sigh...I just came to know how stupid some Malaysians could be when it comes to taking care of their belongings...

I went to a construction site for a meeting. The site is somewhere near Midvalley and there isn't much space outside the site. There only this piece small land which can fit maybe around 30-40 cars only. So some drivers double park their vehicle and walk off to an office next to the site. Upon seeing this, my colleague (the driver, he hitched me in his ride) double parked his car and I leave my name card on the dashboard. FYI, the site is less than 100m away from this car park.

Then came this aneh who told us if we wanna double park, please leave the car key to him so he can remove our car when other drivers wana move out. I was like, wtf?? I told him that I already put a name card so they can call us. Oh ya, the floor of this car park isn't flat, so we have to pull up the handbrake. Then this aneh said with a arrogant tone "eh orang mau keluar, berapa lama u boleh sampai?".

I replied: 3-5 minutes lor...the site is so near only.
He said: u ingat orang mau tunggu u 5 minit ka? Bagi kunci la
I said: mana boleh cincai bagi kunci...
He uttered: semua orang pun bagi macam itu ma

Then I asked him to show the car keys that others gave him. To my surprise, there's around 6-7 car keys in his bag!! Then he kept mumbling mumbling and I ignored him straight away and told my colleague to park somewhere else and we walk.

If you guys agree that those who give out the car keys to that Aneh's keep are an idiot, please click like. How can you just give others, whom u don't know, your car key? Lets see what possibly could happen:

1. Dat aneh duplicate the keys, easily. Then curi ur car elsewhere.
2. That aneh bring a group of friends, drive all the cars away, never come back. He's already rich.
3. Ok the aneh is a good and responsible guy. But other people know that he keeps many car keys. Wallop him and drive all the cars away. What can he do?
4. if the car is gone or damaged, could the aneh pay for it?

So to all people, prevent is better than cure.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I dunno how these people think, simply gave away their car keys. It's just plain stupid I think... :stupid:

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
anybody knows the aneh ? may b he is a well known person there who takes care of the parking.
but still giving the car keys like that..not advisable

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Last time when I wanted to go to Indonesian embassy, there's a parking lot just before it, already very full of cars. So when I came in, the guy who collected money and gave parking ticket said it's full already so please give the car key to him so he could remove the car whenever some one wanted to go out. I was like, no way dude, I'd never give my keys to unknown! But he said others did the same and I saw he already did have many keys with him! Anyway, I just backed up and parked in the next building after the embassy even though more expensive but apparently much nicer, under ground and much safer too!

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i got seperate key for door and seperate key for ignition...i'd just give him the key to my father's old ex5 instead and be done with it...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
anybody knows the aneh ? may b he is a well known person there who takes care of the parking.
but still giving the car keys like that..not advisable
I believe the aneh is there for quite some time already, hired by one of the offices or organization. But even if the aneh is a good person, doesn't mean the risk isn't there. Situation no.4 is still possible of happening.

Last time many security guards, be it offices/condos/apartments/hotels, they ask for our IC for registration and then keep it until we return the visitor tag. Now still has this but not many. How could I leave my IC with u? If use for registration then it's ok la but leaving it with u? Keep on dreaming.

There was once the guard insisted that I give IC, but I want give driving license only. Even that I'm also quite reluctant coz usually I'll give other cards like xxx membership card. Then I furiously asked them to call their management personnel come out. If not then ill make police report or complain. Then he let me in with driving license in his hand.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Handing the keys over to the "caretaker" of a makeshift parking space is the norm near my office in KL. You can find rusty Iswara's as well a new Camry & Stream RSZ in the same lot.

Yes, people are stupid.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
yes,kena also on Indonesian embassy which parking lot just few meter rm4 first hour.tamil tellin me that parking is full.and u can park inside if u give him a key coz u will park ur car centre of road totally block other car.what to do,cozvery hard to find parking nearby that area.so i just leave key to him coz i know he is jaga park so long time.lucky my car no problem after doing visa and second time collect back visa on evening same day.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
These aneh jaga kereta must have made at least a few hundred ringgit every day...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Can la.. if you give him your key, he gives you his IC.
But if we have his IC also no use..if situation no.4 happens, the cars gone and the culprit is not him. We still have to bear the losses:banghead:

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
btw i heard somewhere if you give your car keys to valet/car wash then you lost your car, you cannot make an insurance claim nor the insurance will cover for your lost, because you purposely and consciously give your car key to someone that you don't know, even its a valet guy or car wash guy, the insurance wont cover your lost, is it true?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
btw i heard somewhere if you give your car keys to valet/car wash then you lost your car, you cannot make an insurance claim nor the insurance will cover for your lost, because you purposely and consciously give your car key to someone that you don't know, even its a valet guy or car wash guy, the insurance wont cover your lost, is it true?
As far as I know, it's very true.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I believe the aneh is there for quite some time already, hired by one of the offices or organization. But even if the aneh is a good person, doesn't mean the risk isn't there. Situation no.4 is still possible of happening.

Last time many security guards, be it offices/condos/apartments/hotels, they ask for our IC for registration and then keep it until we return the visitor tag. Now still has this but not many. How could I leave my IC with u? If use for registration then it's ok la but leaving it with u? Keep on dreaming.

There was once the guard insisted that I give IC, but I want give driving license only. Even that I'm also quite reluctant coz usually I'll give other cards like xxx membership card. Then I furiously asked them to call their management personnel come out. If not then ill make police report or complain. Then he let me in with driving license in his hand.
I never give my IC also, Driving license only, take it or leave it. I think there was a write up some where they are not suppose to hold our IC....

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Yup, if you send the car for wash, owner suppose to wait. If owner not there and car get stolen, sorry no claim....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Car specifications isn't available, just some spy shots here to fill your day. Happy '(00)ing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience