Need to reduce my exhaust sound

WFM6259

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Hi Guys,

I'm using 421 extractor with 2" piping and stainless steel straightflow muffler. Piping route follow the original one. Both the flexible and the center "tabung" still installed. But the sound is still a bit loud to me. Can i fix one more "tabung" to slower down the sound? Will this affect the performance? Or what should I do to reduce the sound other than put back the original piping? Pls help. Thank you

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
just go to another straight flow mid box, will help u to reduce down noise and won't reduce down ur power.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
or u can move ur resonator from centre to the back.i will reduce ur sound
a bit without buying new one.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
is yr centre mid box the bullet type or an actual mid BOX type? if bullet it's a waste of money... it wont quiet things down neither will have any effect.. get a box type...

WFM6259

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Yes..yes the box type.. Infact the original one...

WFM6259

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Isn't it the same? Box type either big round or the oval shape with fibre in between. Bullet type is the one slightly bigger than your pipe. normly around 2.5" - 3" in size. And got nothing inside.... Correct me if I'm wrong...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes.. u are right.
u need to have long mid box ( atleast 18 inch ) if u set up with straight flow muffler.
my set up is almost same with u, but different is my oval mid box length is 18'' and Apexi N1 at the rear.
The sound is not loud at all. Idling like Wira SE original sound. When high rev, engine sound is louder than my exhaust sound.

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
just tune up your ice volume to the max!.. problem solves

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
is yr centre mid box the bullet type or an actual mid BOX type? if bullet it's a waste of money... it wont quiet things down neither will have any effect.. get a box type...
Ello kutusami :biggrin:

why u say the bullet no effect at all ar? in terms of the sound and performance?

i thought it's better than the original midbox coz midbox are restrictive? please enlighten.. tnx!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Aston Martin has unveiled its latest flagship grand tourer, the DB11 today. The unveiling of the car coincides with the opening of the marque’s new Kuala Lumpur showroom, located at Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur.

As a tradition in Aston Martin’s DB bloodline, the new DB11 showcases a fresh-yet-iconic design with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience