strut bar improve handling n reduce bodyroll?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
seriously city n highway driving needs it?or improve the look of the engine bay?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
It certainly helps but if you don't corner fast, no point. Just adding weight only. I dun hv any in my car.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed with above. If you want to improve cornering, thicker anti roll bars would help more than strut bars.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Strut bar is to make the chassis more rigid in case you corner really2 hard, attacking apex curbs, or do jumping which causes the chassis to flex (like in racing or rallying). So unless you do those things often, then no need to get a strut bar. Better spent your money on better dampers, springs, and anti-roll bars than strut bars.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Strut bar is functional for chassis strengthening, no matter you are a slow driver or corner freak and that thing is working. It is not expensive. Worth the investment.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Car chasis n body is design to flex for improve NVH n improve body absorption when impact, euro NCAP for the main reason, if they wan it stiff will just made it like roll cage cheap n easy. Strut bar if street use it will channel more NVH into the body, track use rollcage n the more bar the better for rigid chasis.

As for antiroll bar do improve handling, but for stiffer antiroll bar = more understeer, need to tune your handling altogether to get the best result.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
Strut bar is functional for chassis strengthening, no matter you are a slow driver or corner freak and that thing is working. It is not expensive. Worth the investment.
99% of time driving a car is on straight road.stil worth it?
conclusion nt much need in city driving.right?
another myth just busted....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
99% of time driving a car is on straight road.stil worth it?
conclusion nt much need in city driving.right?
another myth just busted....
Yeap exactly. It has benefit but is it worth it for daily normal driving? IMHO not really. Of course if the factory standard car already has it then no harm there, but to add to cars that don't, I'd rather spend the money else where which will give me more value for the money.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
r u taking 180km/h corner?if do,it help very lil bit.if u go ultraracing webpage.it explains all but they r toking in highspeed driving.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can quote me the price they got and from where?

i wana install and might have to remove on the same day.. if its too low..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience