Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com

LesleyAprotto

Banned

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Main - Malaysia - Pakatan to slash car taxes after polls win, says Rafizi @ Tue Jul 24 2012

Discuss.
Please speak with your big head, not your small head.

Thank you.

IMO, this is just a populist move.
As much as I hate BN, I personally feel that this fella here is talking thru his ass...
(after all, kan dia to politicians, and since when politicians are known to think before speaking?)

:stupid::stupid:
Yes we do hope car prices be brought down...
Water tariff like in Selangor...
Lower electricity tariff.....
Cheaper petrol.....cos we are oil producing country, the rakyat deserve to enjoy cheaper & better quality petrol...
Cheaper toll... at present we are paying thru our nose daily.....
Some individuals are being richly buried with our toll payment daily...
Heard one story of a guy who spent ONE THIRD of his salary on toll payments daily...
This is awkwardly blood sucking and sufferings we endure as a results of believing that what we voted for was good for us...
TIME TO CHANGE! VOTE FOR A BETTER GOVERNMENT....
VOTE FOR A GOVERNMENT THAT CAN BRING CRIME RATES DOWN....
THAT DONT BLUFF US WITH FALSE & CONFUSING STATISTIC THAT CRIME RATE IS LOW!
NOW THIS IS PURE BLUFFING KIDDY STUFF!
hahahahaa....:stupid::banghead:

zuruzuruz

Known Member

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
populist agenda or not.. we never know.. we never let them run, not even one term.. it's like we never dare to take a step forward to an unchatered waters that may change our lives, but instead, we bitch a lot for our current shortcomings..

phat7

2,000 RPM

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Like what zuruzuruz said, we've never gave the opposition the chance, i am all for trying for change. will never know if never try

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Some people are so naive to listen to all these jokes.. No matter from BN or PKR... Politicians will be politicians.. Just like last time they said wanna abolish PTPTN. When just one of their university in Selangor was denied PTPTN loans, they were unable to provide loans to the students. That is just ONE university. Talk is cheap..

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Some people are so naive to listen to all these jokes.. No matter from BN or PKR... Politicians will be politicians.. Just like last time they said wanna abolish PTPTN. When just one of their university in Selangor was denied PTPTN loans, they were unable to provide loans to the students. That is just ONE university. Talk is cheap..
Dude, is the state gov a profit making entity? Where would it get funds to loan it out to students who prolly will take 20 odd years to repay it back?

Whatever profit/savings the Selangor goverment has, it would naturally go back into the development of the state. If the state gov obviously does not have cash cows e.g. Petronas to fund them.

Please think before you reply less you get shot down again.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

And oh btw if you did not notice, even if it abolishes the AP system, it would OBVIOUSLY bring savings.

kuntauasli

Known Member

kuntauasli

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
make sure he walk the talk if PR wins. Not just lips service. reducing car price in malaysia is a move to REVAMP the whole NAP, tax , pricing and other govt policy.. it is a BIG dream... Hope he can table it out and share with the people what his next plan..not just throwing empty promises..

PaulYew

PaulYew

Feb 21, 2011
Kuching
Lets see how proton gonna stand on their feet if foreign cars are cheaper, since they said wanna go Global? Why not stay back here at Malaysia and compete fairly with others first, if they cant compete how to sell globally..:confused:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Dude, is the state gov a profit making entity? Where would it get funds to loan it out to students who prolly will take 20 odd years to repay it back?

Whatever profit/savings the Selangor goverment has, it would naturally go back into the development of the state. If the state gov obviously does not have cash cows e.g. Petronas to fund them.

Please think before you reply less you get shot down again.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

And oh btw if you did not notice, even if it abolishes the AP system, it would OBVIOUSLY bring savings.
You are the one who should think first. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university... :stupid:

DR78

500 RPM

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
I totally support this move as it will help us make a step towards a develop nation. However carefull planning is vital when implementing this. For eg., I feel PKR should consider paying back the excess duty in stages to those who purchase a vehicle( who pay full duty) within the last 5 years as well just to be fair and to maintain smooth transition of the abolishment. I believe there is more to think about as well. Anyway kudos to PKR for listening to the people. This will be their 1 shot to walk the talk. I hope they can fullfill all their promises despite all the obstacles which is expected to be set by those who are not benefiting from all this. Toll should go, vehicle duty should be abolished, etc..

To me, I do not care what is the agenda of the goverment is as long as the people of Malaysia can benefit in a good way from them. This time, I have to admit that I will take my risk with PKR. 1 term to clear my conscience is worth it.

Timeattacker

Known Member

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Cheaper petrol.....cos we are oil producing country, the rakyat deserve to enjoy cheaper & better quality petrol...
Heard one story of a guy who spent ONE THIRD of his salary on toll payments daily...
This is awkwardly blood sucking and sufferings we endure as a results of believing that what we voted for was good for us...
hahahahaa....:stupid::banghead

You are Rite bro,but need to see who is the one are running its,plus in whats kind of term and conditions lolz?????Terms is P.I.M.P( Paper.In.My.Pocket)..Conditions "Have U Say"..

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

hahahahaa....:stupid::banghead:
You are Rite bro,but need to see who is the one are running its,plus in whats kind of term and conditions lolz?????Terms is P.I.M.P( Paper.In.My.Pocket)..Conditions "Have U Say"..

LesleyAprotto

Banned

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hantu BN hantu PR...which is bigger ghost??i will give 1 term to pr see wat they can do bout it
We, rakyat Selangor are proud of our government....

We dont have to worry about our water bills....

But its a pity our neighbouring states rakyat....

Syabas wants to increase the water tariff by a HEFTY 40% !!!

So bear with it lor....

Its your choice!!

No shortage also say got shortage!

All gimmicks to increase the price!

:smokin::stupid:

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You are the one who should think first. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university... :stupid:
1. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Because it gets a cut from the petroleum mining from it's shores. You didn't know that did you?

2. Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university. Oh really? Why don't you read the links below then see if you have anything else to say BN Trooper.

Main - Malaysia - Unisel will sell assets to fund student loans, says Selangor MB @ Thu Jun 07 2012

Main - Malaysia - Selangor sells Unisel assets despite Putrajaya?s PTPTN U-turn @ Wed Jun 13 2012

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
reducing the tax is one thing how about MITI price fixing... this also should be stopped.
We dont need Miti to set the prices.... let the free market do that....ooh opps.. Proton and Perodua still need protection...rite....:banghead:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
1. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Because it gets a cut from the petroleum mining from it's shores. You didn't know that did you?

2. Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university. Oh really? Why don't you read the links below then see if you have anything else to say BN Trooper.

Main - Malaysia - Unisel will sell assets to fund student loans, says Selangor MB @ Thu Jun 07 2012

Main - Malaysia - Selangor sells Unisel assets despite Putrajaya?s PTPTN U-turn @ Wed Jun 13 2012
They have Port Klang and all, which they can collect tax and other revenues. Don't tell me they have to sell assets to provide loan to just one university?. That is bad management to me. Obviously they still have a long way to go in order to give free education to all.. hahaha... Talk is cheap dude.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Slashing prices of imported cars through tax = A strong reason for Proton to really improve themselves to compete with other brands
rather than depending on higher tax price on imported cars which makes as if Proton cars are more affordable cars.

Want to succeed in winning people's trust and confidence, do something about it Proton.

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
They have Port Klang and all, which they can collect tax and other revenues. Don't tell me they have to sell assets to provide loan to just one university?. That is bad management to me. Obviously they still have a long way to go in order to give free education to all.. hahaha... Talk is cheap dude.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe your level of stupidity. Port Klang taxes is used to MAINTAIN the port and other port related expenses. It's bad accounting practice to "transfer" funds from entity A to entity B though they're both owned by Entity C. Unisel has unused assets, they just chose to liquidate it, any problem you have with it? Let's say Port Klang transfered x amount of cash to Unisel, that could bring it into the red. How are you going to explain that the the stakeholders?

Dude you're just plain stupid. Go study accounting and finance before you open your mouth again, letting everyone know you're dumb. There's a chinese proverb that says something like, if you don't open your mouth also people won't say you're stupid.

bLACKjAC

Known Member

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Most of the luxury auto makers already knew that, so they start opening their branchers here. otherwise how many "ghost" and DB9 they can sell per year? they are preparing for the future, Do we??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even though Port Klang is in Selangor, Custom duties are collected by Federal Government.....

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Oh my goodness, I can't believe your level of stupidity. Port Klang taxes is used to MAINTAIN the port and other port related expenses. It's bad accounting practice to "transfer" funds from entity A to entity B though they're both owned by Entity C. Unisel has unused assets, they just chose to liquidate it, any problem you have with it? Let's say Port Klang transfered x amount of cash to Unisel, that could bring it into the red. How are you going to explain that the the stakeholders?

Dude you're just plain stupid. Go study accounting and finance before you open your mouth again, letting everyone know you're dumb. There's a chinese proverb that says something like, if you don't open your mouth also people won't say you're stupid.
Well, since you're so clever and knows a lot about finance and accounting, how do think they will provide free tertiary education and abolish PTPTN? Oh, by the way, your kind words reflect your upbringing a lot you know. I think your parents must be really proud. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Even though Port Klang is in Selangor, Custom duties are collected by Federal Government.....
Yeah, my bad... But the point that I try to make here is that they suppose to have a lot of revenues from many sources. Is it to too hard for them to provide loans for the poor Unisel students that they have to sell Unisel's assets? Back to the topic, 'PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE'. They just give empty promise without giving any strategy or at least a working plan to implement it. They could win more votes if they did that. I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that I feel disgusted at politicians who said they will do this, do that but in the end nothing really happens. BN politicians are more or less the same. When the election is coming they gave all sorts of '1Malaysia' aids to fish for votes. That is disgusting also...

zuruzuruz

Known Member

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
it can be done. to naysayers, food for thought: come on, our neighbour Thailand only have 35% duties, excise and what not on their imported cars. how come, we malaysia can not..

This protectionism is off its limits already, Hyundai Kia Motors who started about the same time as Proton, now is already the 4th largest auto manufacturer in the world.. Proton??? dok bangga syok sendiri jadi shareholder company yg dok rugi berbilllion2 adela..

am not a proton basher.. peace.. i own a proton too.. :D

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Chill guys, frankly speaking, does it really matter to you that much? If PR is gonna do it, it wont be a finger snap and everything is changed. A sudden change on this will cause many car buyers and many car sellers to be angry. Why the price of cars in Malaysia are so expensive? Taxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

I dont mind paying tax, but I dislike our hard earned money being handled under table, or kena telan putih putih. If the tax $$ is used to improve our economy and life, I dont see a problem...concerning this price reduction thingy...nah, real or not, this time, will still vote for opposition. I believe many of us WANT TO CHANGE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING, as we lost our faith in the current govt. What say you?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Chill guys, frankly speaking, does it really matter to you that much? If PR is gonna do it, it wont be a finger snap and everything is changed. A sudden change on this will cause many car buyers and many car sellers to be angry. Why the price of cars in Malaysia are so expensive? Taxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

I dont mind paying tax, but I dislike our hard earned money being handled under table, or kena telan putih putih. If the tax $$ is used to improve our economy and life, I dont see a problem...concerning this price reduction thingy...nah, real or not, this time, will still vote for opposition. I believe many of us WANT TO CHANGE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING, as we lost our faith in the current govt. What say you?
I say, I don't mind giving PR a chance to show what they're really capable of. Maybe winning just a few states in the last GE is not enough for them to prove their worth..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I say, I don't mind giving PR a chance to show what they're really capable of. Maybe winning just a few states in the last GE is not enough for them to prove their worth..
Winning a few states really cant prove anything..moreover to those who's living in FT. I believe most of us know that PR wont fare much better than BN, but at least we sure know 1 thing. We want to change and that's the opposition. So the extra "promises" , just some bonuses if they keep them, am I right?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Winning a few states really cant prove anything..moreover to those who's living in FT. I believe most of us know that PR wont fare much better than BN, but at least we sure know 1 thing. We want to change and that's the opposition. So the extra "promises" , just some bonuses if they keep them, am I right?
Absolutely. We don't have much choice... :bawling:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why talking about reduce car prices become talk about UNISEL, port klang etc.? WTF.

I will summarize as this. The government has been the same since the dawn of Malaysia. Our automotive industry is a laughing stock, the automotive companies we are told to be proud of can't hold a candle in the global arena and been feeding off patriotism forced down our throat by the government through excise and duties.

The "AP" scheme practiced only made a few fortunate individuals rich, but did nothing to establish Malaysia as an automotive hub in SEA. Car manufacturers flock to Thailand to set up shop, not Malaysia, ever ask yourself why? They suffer floods in Thailand, plus there's a language barrier compared to Malaysia where most Malaysians can speak simple English versus Thais.

From all perspective -- the weather/land available, manpower favors Malaysia, yet they go to Thailand. Why? Would YOU like to have VW and Audi building cars in Malaysia? Would YOU like to have BMW setup plants here? I know I do.

Then, do YOU like Lynas setting up shop here? I know I don't.

So, this is what is happening under the current government, the same government since the birth of our country. They cannot blame anyone, they cannot say the previous government screwed them over. If the direction they are taking doesn't point towards improving, I will gladly take my chances with the opposition. With the recent Lynas being approved to operate, and VW forced to raise the price of their Polo by RM30k. It is enough.

I have enough of this bullshit. I love my country, and I do support Proton & Perodua. But does that mean I love the monkeys running my country to ruin? No. Does that mean I support Proton & Perodua making sub par cars and hope to live off the rakyat? No.

So you monkeys who say you have no choice, you do have a choice. The vote in your hand is your choice. You can either join me to make a difference at the GE, or you can continue to sit there and say no choice.

I am not a fortune teller, I do not know what the future holds with the opposition.
BUT, I KNOW what the future holds with the current government. Lynas, privatization of Proton was robbing the rakyat's property into a private holding.. and if this continues they will rob us all of everything our country have. Save your country.

kcng

500 RPM

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
actually its kinda sad to see that most malaysian's still cannot see beyond the domino effect of car prices...
:)

u wan cheap car, can u pay the market rate for petrol (i know petrol will bring up another whole new discussion)?
and when petrol/fuel is at market rate, what do u think will go up (just rewind back to when fuel is blasted up to RM 2.70/litre)?
when the fuel prices comes down again, did the price of others that went up comes down accordingly?
so if fuel is at the market rate, what do u think our roti canai price will cost?
u think those mamak will absorb the cost meh?
they are doing business u know... not charity...
:D

in the long run, at the end of the day, i would dare say our disposable income will be lesser...

in my view, we should plug the leakage first (kick out corruption) and ways to increase the annual income/disposable income of malaysians then only start going down to things like this...
start from the top...

(i know i will be sandblasted to kingdom come...)
:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
actually its kinda sad to see that most malaysian's still cannot see beyond the domino effect of car prices...

u wan cheap car, can u pay the market rate for petrol (i know petrol will bring up another whole new discussion)?
and when petrol/fuel is at market rate, what do u think will go up (just rewind back to when fuel is blasted up to RM 2.70/litre)?
when the fuel prices comes down again, did the price of others that went up comes down accordingly?
so if fuel is at the market rate, what do u think our roti canai price will cost?
u think those mamak will absorb the cost meh?
they are doing business u know... not charity...
:D

in the long run, at the end of the day, i would dare say our disposable income will be lesser...

in my view, we should plug the leakage first (kick out corruption) and ways to increase the annual income/disposable income of malaysians then only start going down to things like this...
start from the top...

(i know i will be sandblasted to kingdom come...)
The income generated from excise duties and AP is not used compensate the fuel subsidy. revenue generated from AP is going to the pockets of elite few while subsidy is from rakyat generated from other avenues. Sorry I don't see why it correlates. Two different matters. And fuel subsidy is bullshit, our fuel prices are the highest among countries that produces oil and gas! I wonder if the mass population of Malaysia are stupid or cannot count.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most seats are won by PR, but FT still under BN woh!......:banghead:

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well, since you're so clever and knows a lot about finance and accounting, how do think they will provide free tertiary education and abolish PTPTN? Oh, by the way, your kind words reflect your upbringing a lot you know. I think your parents must be really proud. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Yeah, my bad... But the point that I try to make here is that they suppose to have a lot of revenues from many sources. Is it to too hard for them to provide loans for the poor Unisel students that they have to sell Unisel's assets? Back to the topic, 'PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE'. They just give empty promise without giving any strategy or at least a working plan to implement it. They could win more votes if they did that. I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that I feel disgusted at politicians who said they will do this, do that but in the end nothing really happens. BN politicians are more or less the same. When the election is coming they gave all sorts of '1Malaysia' aids to fish for votes. That is disgusting also...
Dude at first you made a statement that the Selangor gov could not afford to provide loans, then when I gave you that link you changed your statement to oh it's bad management to sell the assets and how do you think they'll provide free tertiary education and all..

And then you went on saying that (refer to quote in green colour)

You're contradicting yourself the whole way man. Well done.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Gentlemen, don't need to be rude and using offensive words guys. Is just merely a discussion. You have the right to disagree
with others but no reason to use harsh words. Is a friendly discussion. Not a debate or argument. Everyone has their own
opinion.

If you disagree or think that what the other individual posted is wrong, there is always a better way to educate them or just
share your point of view. Not necessary people have to agree with what you said. Is all very subjective on what others
is thinking.

How you react, is how others gonna react. Try shouting at the person in the mirror. U will know what I mean. :top:

Anyway, politics stuff, best not discuss much la, really sensitive issue. We don't know who is supporting who in here.
Even among friends could stir up a fight. Take football for example :biggrin:

Just vote wisely will do :wink:

Cheers :beer:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Gentlemen, don't need to be rude and using offensive words guys. Is just merely a discussion. You have the right to disagree
with others but no reason to use harsh words. Is a friendly discussion. Not a debate or argument. Everyone has their own
opinion.

If you disagree or think that what the other individual posted is wrong, there is always a better way to educate them or just
share your point of view. Not necessary people have to agree with what you said. Is all very subjective on what others
is thinking.

How you react, is how others gonna react. Try shouting at the person in the mirror. U will know what I mean. :top:

Anyway, politics stuff, best not discuss much la, really sensitive issue. We don't know who is supporting who in here.

I'm not sharing my "point of view"
I'm stating facts

1. Our national car maker is not competitive globally.
2. Our automotive industry is non existent - other than national makes.
3. Our AP scheme is making only a select few rich, while the masses get nothing.

This is all under the current government. :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm not sharing my "point of view"
I'm stating facts

1. Our national car maker is not competitive globally.
2. Our automotive industry is non existent - other than national makes.
3. Our AP scheme is making only a select few rich, while the masses get nothing.

This is all under the current government. :)
Not referring to u la bro...definitely not u. :laugh:

Agree with facts number 1,2 and 3 :top:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
opinion.

is thinking.

Spot on brother. Please discuss, debate still can but don't argue lah!

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
opinion.

is thinking.

Sure, noted with thanks! Pardon me for my lack of online etiquette

kcng

500 RPM

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
The income generated from excise duties and AP is not used compensate the fuel subsidy. revenue generated from AP is going to the pockets of elite few while subsidy is from rakyat generated from other avenues. Sorry I don't see why it correlates. Two different matters. And fuel subsidy is bullshit, our fuel prices are the highest among countries that produces oil and gas! I wonder if the mass population of Malaysia are stupid or cannot count.
i did not directly mentioned that income from excise duties is used for fuel...
i used fuel because we all can relate to it and because this is a car junkie forum...

my main concern is the domino effect of this....
hence i am always a believer of plugging the leak first and then next is fool proof blue print of what is going where to stabilize the ship before going down to things like this...

but then again, those are politicians speaking...
give chance or not, at the end of the day, politicians will be politicians...

as much as i hate BN, frankly speaking, the opposition is not really that great either...
i went to quite a number of DAP/PKR/PAS dinner/ceramah, and most of the time i heard is BN bashing.. nothing about what is their roadmap for the future of the state/country or even their own area...

ok fark politics talk first...

Lets just look at one simple scenario first...
If car price is reduced when PR win the GE, what do u think will happen to those who are halfway / just started their HP (Hire Purchase) loan with the banks?
What will happened to this bunch of people (and mind u, its not just a small group)?
Do you seriously think that the banks will adjust the loan to reflect the new value of the car?
My money is the bank will show u the middle finger and ask u to go on servicing the loan.

(flame suit on)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What else will they talk about? Isn't it the best way to attack someone is to tell about the bad things they did, or what they cannot do....ha! ha!
There will always be pros and cons with whoever is in control. You fall in pro bracket you will say good, you fall in the cons bracket, sure you will hantam left and right loh.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Best example is look at the debate...I mean argument between CSL and LGE, CSL keep bashing DAP and LGE and keep running out
of topic...:rofl: :laugh: really funny...

Just find it more like a comedy which is why I watch the whole debate :rofl:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
When talking about cars, mod, DIY etc. rarely words like 'stupid' and 'you monkeys' being used. But when it comes to politics... :rolleyes:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Here is my opinion.. Both electric and and water utility company goes back to the state, or the government. Do not privatise this any more. From this the Gov or state should have enough cash flow to abolish other stupid taxes..And the AP.. abolish it! Let see how Proton and Perodua will wake up from their long sweet dreams to compete with others!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Here is my opinion.. Both electric and and water utility company goes back to the state, or the government. Do not privatise this any more. From this the Gov or state should have enough cash flow to abolish other stupid taxes..And the AP.. abolish it! Let see how Proton and Perodua will wake up from their long sweet dreams to compete with others!!
101% Agree! Remove AP so that our local car makers like Proton and Perodua will do something
about their cars. Instead of thinking they are safe just cuz imported cars are more expensive...

Imagine if a City/Vios same price as Myvi 1.5SE, which one do u think stand the chance for
higher sales now? Definitely not Myvi. Everyone knows or they themselves thinks that their cars
are much more affordable surely ppl will buy.

Which is why they dun even bother much about Good Customer service/after sales service.
Quality wise also not really taken into serious consideration.

Well, I just know that this wont happen at all...our G will not let such a thing to happen..:banghead:

quicksilver7

Known Member

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Lets just look at one simple scenario first...
If car price is reduced when PR win the GE, what do u think will happen to those who are halfway / just started their HP (Hire Purchase) loan with the banks?
What will happened to this bunch of people (and mind u, its not just a small group)?
Do you seriously think that the banks will adjust the loan to reflect the new value of the car?
My money is the bank will show u the middle finger and ask u to go on servicing the loan.

(flame suit on)
I was thinking about that too. That would be a problem, but a good problem that is. If you weight out the pros and cons, I'm sure people will be much happier to have the car price reduced whether or not they've just started to service their loan or not because it's for the better good and long term for everyone.

One way (not so nice) is to find out where has all that money gone to, whether it's the AP or tax. Then make them pay back partially for those people that earn less than 3k per month for EXAMPLE. It's still a very rough idea but better than nothing.

bLACKjAC

Known Member

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Our local car manufacturers have very high production costs, why? because the parts they purchase are expensive (or higher than market price), why? because the process would go through agents A, B, C, D......., and who are these agents? you know I know lah. Local car manufacturers' issue are not that simple, it links to many politicians and local parts manufacturer.

kcng

500 RPM

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
i am all for cheaper car price...

but the problem is, what is the mechanism involved?
how are they going to implement it?
it is just no as simple as wiping off everything over night...

do u think those that who just started servicing their loans / halfway through their loan will be happy at their sudden pile of worthless metal?

i am all for finding the leakage, plugging it and then hung those responsible for the leakage for the world to see...
not literally hang la but u get the drift...
:biggrin::biggrin: