PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hantu BN hantu PR...which is bigger ghost??i will give 1 term to pr see wat they can do bout it
We, rakyat Selangor are proud of our government....

We dont have to worry about our water bills....

But its a pity our neighbouring states rakyat....

Syabas wants to increase the water tariff by a HEFTY 40% !!!

So bear with it lor....

Its your choice!!

No shortage also say got shortage!

All gimmicks to increase the price!

:smokin::stupid:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You are the one who should think first. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university... :stupid:
1. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Because it gets a cut from the petroleum mining from it's shores. You didn't know that did you?

2. Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university. Oh really? Why don't you read the links below then see if you have anything else to say BN Trooper.

Main - Malaysia - Unisel will sell assets to fund student loans, says Selangor MB @ Thu Jun 07 2012

Main - Malaysia - Selangor sells Unisel assets despite Putrajaya?s PTPTN U-turn @ Wed Jun 13 2012

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
reducing the tax is one thing how about MITI price fixing... this also should be stopped.
We dont need Miti to set the prices.... let the free market do that....ooh opps.. Proton and Perodua still need protection...rite....:banghead:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
1. Why does Kelantan gov able to provide SCHOLARSHIP to some of its rakyat studying at universities? Because it gets a cut from the petroleum mining from it's shores. You didn't know that did you?

2. Selangor gov just gave empty promises cause they actually couldn't afford to even give LOAN to one of its own university. Oh really? Why don't you read the links below then see if you have anything else to say BN Trooper.

Main - Malaysia - Unisel will sell assets to fund student loans, says Selangor MB @ Thu Jun 07 2012

Main - Malaysia - Selangor sells Unisel assets despite Putrajaya?s PTPTN U-turn @ Wed Jun 13 2012
They have Port Klang and all, which they can collect tax and other revenues. Don't tell me they have to sell assets to provide loan to just one university?. That is bad management to me. Obviously they still have a long way to go in order to give free education to all.. hahaha... Talk is cheap dude.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Slashing prices of imported cars through tax = A strong reason for Proton to really improve themselves to compete with other brands
rather than depending on higher tax price on imported cars which makes as if Proton cars are more affordable cars.

Want to succeed in winning people's trust and confidence, do something about it Proton.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
They have Port Klang and all, which they can collect tax and other revenues. Don't tell me they have to sell assets to provide loan to just one university?. That is bad management to me. Obviously they still have a long way to go in order to give free education to all.. hahaha... Talk is cheap dude.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe your level of stupidity. Port Klang taxes is used to MAINTAIN the port and other port related expenses. It's bad accounting practice to "transfer" funds from entity A to entity B though they're both owned by Entity C. Unisel has unused assets, they just chose to liquidate it, any problem you have with it? Let's say Port Klang transfered x amount of cash to Unisel, that could bring it into the red. How are you going to explain that the the stakeholders?

Dude you're just plain stupid. Go study accounting and finance before you open your mouth again, letting everyone know you're dumb. There's a chinese proverb that says something like, if you don't open your mouth also people won't say you're stupid.

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Most of the luxury auto makers already knew that, so they start opening their branchers here. otherwise how many "ghost" and DB9 they can sell per year? they are preparing for the future, Do we??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even though Port Klang is in Selangor, Custom duties are collected by Federal Government.....

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Oh my goodness, I can't believe your level of stupidity. Port Klang taxes is used to MAINTAIN the port and other port related expenses. It's bad accounting practice to "transfer" funds from entity A to entity B though they're both owned by Entity C. Unisel has unused assets, they just chose to liquidate it, any problem you have with it? Let's say Port Klang transfered x amount of cash to Unisel, that could bring it into the red. How are you going to explain that the the stakeholders?

Dude you're just plain stupid. Go study accounting and finance before you open your mouth again, letting everyone know you're dumb. There's a chinese proverb that says something like, if you don't open your mouth also people won't say you're stupid.
Well, since you're so clever and knows a lot about finance and accounting, how do think they will provide free tertiary education and abolish PTPTN? Oh, by the way, your kind words reflect your upbringing a lot you know. I think your parents must be really proud. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Even though Port Klang is in Selangor, Custom duties are collected by Federal Government.....
Yeah, my bad... But the point that I try to make here is that they suppose to have a lot of revenues from many sources. Is it to too hard for them to provide loans for the poor Unisel students that they have to sell Unisel's assets? Back to the topic, 'PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE'. They just give empty promise without giving any strategy or at least a working plan to implement it. They could win more votes if they did that. I'm not taking any sides here, it's just that I feel disgusted at politicians who said they will do this, do that but in the end nothing really happens. BN politicians are more or less the same. When the election is coming they gave all sorts of '1Malaysia' aids to fish for votes. That is disgusting also...

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
it can be done. to naysayers, food for thought: come on, our neighbour Thailand only have 35% duties, excise and what not on their imported cars. how come, we malaysia can not..

This protectionism is off its limits already, Hyundai Kia Motors who started about the same time as Proton, now is already the 4th largest auto manufacturer in the world.. Proton??? dok bangga syok sendiri jadi shareholder company yg dok rugi berbilllion2 adela..

am not a proton basher.. peace.. i own a proton too.. :D

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Chill guys, frankly speaking, does it really matter to you that much? If PR is gonna do it, it wont be a finger snap and everything is changed. A sudden change on this will cause many car buyers and many car sellers to be angry. Why the price of cars in Malaysia are so expensive? Taxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

I dont mind paying tax, but I dislike our hard earned money being handled under table, or kena telan putih putih. If the tax $$ is used to improve our economy and life, I dont see a problem...concerning this price reduction thingy...nah, real or not, this time, will still vote for opposition. I believe many of us WANT TO CHANGE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING, as we lost our faith in the current govt. What say you?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Chill guys, frankly speaking, does it really matter to you that much? If PR is gonna do it, it wont be a finger snap and everything is changed. A sudden change on this will cause many car buyers and many car sellers to be angry. Why the price of cars in Malaysia are so expensive? Taxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

I dont mind paying tax, but I dislike our hard earned money being handled under table, or kena telan putih putih. If the tax $$ is used to improve our economy and life, I dont see a problem...concerning this price reduction thingy...nah, real or not, this time, will still vote for opposition. I believe many of us WANT TO CHANGE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING, as we lost our faith in the current govt. What say you?
I say, I don't mind giving PR a chance to show what they're really capable of. Maybe winning just a few states in the last GE is not enough for them to prove their worth..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I say, I don't mind giving PR a chance to show what they're really capable of. Maybe winning just a few states in the last GE is not enough for them to prove their worth..
Winning a few states really cant prove anything..moreover to those who's living in FT. I believe most of us know that PR wont fare much better than BN, but at least we sure know 1 thing. We want to change and that's the opposition. So the extra "promises" , just some bonuses if they keep them, am I right?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Winning a few states really cant prove anything..moreover to those who's living in FT. I believe most of us know that PR wont fare much better than BN, but at least we sure know 1 thing. We want to change and that's the opposition. So the extra "promises" , just some bonuses if they keep them, am I right?
Absolutely. We don't have much choice... :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus i need some opinion,

whenever im driving through a corner(not those tight corner, maybe like 120 degree bengkok abit d road) at 100kmh, my front wheels will straighten back on its own whist im trying to steer left, meaning my wheels will straighten whilst steering is senget to d left.

im kinda concerned coz its so darn dangerous especially driving on highway when normal speed is 100kmh+ and d road is not 180 degree straight...

**FYI, i just had my power steering rack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience