How to reduce and improve on the sound of the door slamming?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi guys, just need some advise. :itsme:

Lately, I find it kinda unpleasant to my ears with the sound of my car door slamming. I was wondering what can be done to improve or reduced that kind of impact and sound on my car doors? Will it be costly? :hmmmm:

For example, for those who is driving or been on a Toyota Camry latest model before, when u close the door, u dun hear much of a "BANG" sound. I'm looking and just wondering if there are any ways to improve my car doors to be as silent as possible.

Even if I close my door softly, it still has the slamming door kind of sound if u get what I mean.

Please do advise Bros and friends of ZTH. :adore::adore::adore:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
dynamat la bro...or change yr door rubber....

at least yr car dun sound like tank door closing *KA KLAAANG* :rofl:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
close your door gently, its FOC :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
change ur rubber lining? lube the lock catch? tell ur friends,"if u slam my damn door again, i'll slam ur head on the dashboard when u come in....except for FY...."

hahahaha....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
alternatively..open window n climb out ala stock cars! confirm no door sound at all haha

Danz...dun understand leh :hmmmm:

Hahahahahaha....this really cracks me up nicely......:biggrin::biggrin: very hard to control from not LOL....I think if I continue reading this thread I might die of laughter...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
arturo.....errr how to expain to u ah>? need yr drawing bro...:)
there is a hinge that your doors lock rite? located on the side of door,
there is a "U" hinge on the body chasis......u tape that part...makes your door feel tight....when u close it also nicer...

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Hahahahahaha....this really cracks me up nicely......:biggrin::biggrin: very hard to control from not LOL....I think if I continue reading this thread I might die of laughter...
like dukes of hazard. :love:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, maybe something lose at the door.....all the doors sound like this or just 1 particular door....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Ohhhhhhhhhh Danz...i get u now...the place where the door locks when u close door la...put tape at that [ thing la...

hmmm...tonite i go try. will jam boh the door if i put too much..wait really have to climb out of window then the joke's on me pulak...:hmmmm:

SF...yah yah...issit all doors or oni 1? the older the car gets, the more it sounds like empty tin milo drop on floor when close door 1 la...i think it's cos the rubber lining around the door not as supple as baby bumbum. everyday kena burn under the sun, soft soft oso become hard hard n kecut kecut la...my door rubber lining aredy like ah soh punya bumbum after so many years kena sun bake.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Arturo, TitanRev, Danz:
Ya, when the door shuts, it sounded like "Klong..." Sound like a Empty Thin when it is knocked on..

Using tape? Will try that Danz Bro, sounds like a good idea and also I think maybe the door frame rubbers all not so good adi like Arturo said...really dun like the sound of that...makes the car sound old :frown:

Will go back and check all doors if it sounded the same...I was inside the car when the door closed.

Mizunori:
Haha! Good idea but tried that but still the sound is kinda loud to me.

PocketRocket:
Wah...door slamming by my passengers I really shoot punya. Cuz dun need to slam so hard to close my car door ma...damage my door only...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
thats how i feel too bro, so from the beginning i got my car brand new i keep scolding whoever slams my door...6yrs later, my baby still shuts like new...all that nagging paid off... xD

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
SF...wanna try these?

forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=973656&hl=rubber+d

or

forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1435678&hl=

the first 1 i saw selling at Daiso...rm5 but i dun think the adhesive will last. the D shaped rubber strip sounds promising...but hell expensive for something so simple...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
PocketRocket:
I have no choice la bro...young teens always show temper...have 2 sisters at home...each time kena scolding will slam the car doors.

:arturo:
Thanks for the link bro...appreciate it.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The acceleration is good.. can easily reach 140km/h.... after reaching 140km/h, the car is as if not going to go more than 140km/h... after a long while then can get 150km/h.... it's very sluggish after 140km/h... Any sifus out there can help with this? What is the exact problem? Exhaust Extractor is using ori, mid bullet and back muffler is CF Aerospeed... piping using 2"... Is the the piping prob? What is the correct inner diameter for this 4G93 machine? Fuel regulator also fixed dee....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience