Petrol Price Hike / Reduced Subsidy

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So, this is such a big issue, no topic on it?

My take on it, we really got shafted big time. I agree subsidy SHOULD be reduced, but an alternative transport system must be in place so we have a choice. If we choose to drive then we should pay more.

But seriously, I've taken public transportation before. KTM damn not funny. 4 trains in an hour in the end only 1 train came.

How lah, at the rate this is going everything is going to increase in price due to the hike in fuel, cost of doing business will go up due to diesel price increase, and in turn everything will go up, and with GST looming around the corner, how?

Habislah. I don't do business or work in a company that uses fuel. But how has it affected you guys other than driving?

I considered riding a bike but I don't want to die young.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haven't feel the effect yet since I have not filled up too. Surely will have some domino effect on prices, but don't know how much. I read a few days ago in some news site that some analysts predict maybe about 3% inflation. I guess just have to tighten the belt buckle a bit, we'll see.

I wish the gov introduce lower RON90-92 at cheaper price than 1.90 to compensate. If so, I'll switch my Livina to those lower RON.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Most will just take advantage on this situation..i mean, how much would any business affected from 10% fuel price hike?

If transportation, courier, posting, shipping service charge stays the same, any other items price should stay the same.
Malaysians really lack of 'kuasa pembeli'...when the buying stops, the price will drops...

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Most will just take advantage on this situation..i mean, how much would any business affected from 10% fuel price hike?

If transportation, courier, posting, shipping service charge stays the same, any other items price should stay the same.
Malaysians really lack of 'kuasa pembeli'...when the buying stops, the price will drops...

kuasa pembeli......got....

pls look at those clothing, shoes price drop......since china products into our market.......
office media....like stationary......paper.....price also drop tremendousely compare 10 to 20 yrs back.....

its only car performance parts goes up......:banghead:

khai PE

Sep 9, 2013
shah alam
dont forget food & grocery items. our daily bkfast surely will be affected by new petrol price..but as for today, d nasi lemak n roti canai i always had 4 bkfast still d same price. hope it will always d same..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Funny Teksi straight away requesting to hike price... I thought they using NGV. Opportunists everywhere.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
as i stated on a separate thread here, why not instruct employers to increase pay-scales as well ? !

sick of these happening at homeground though i have been away since 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If the subsidy reduction is put to good use like strengthening the ringgit or improving public transport or improving our economy I think it's fine. If it's just there to make the rich richer and to line the pockets of the politicians then we're screwed.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
.......the shitz is going to hit the fan.

Malaysian default risk is rated higher than the Phillipines. Imagine that.

Our Motherland is slipping the ranks steadily since the 80's.

Gomen says the price of essentials will not go up but never assures the rakyat that the portion wont reduce hahahahahah lawak basi ,ingat rakyat semua bodoh.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
We're screwed for sure. Reduced subsidies but end up terkantoi that RON97 cheaper then they increase price of RON97 as well. How has it affected me? I tried to take public transport way few months before they announced price increase for fuel.

I could say the KTM improved a lot actually. Travel time is roughly the same as driving. I can reach KL in 1 hour time. Where if I drive, I reach in 45mins. Even going home but I have to fork up more on tolls and petrol and parking.

So taking public transport, I only spend RM6.20 a day but I had to wake up earlier in this case as I don't want to miss the train as each train is about 10 - 15mins. But they are on time in the morning. Just not as cramp like last time since they are using new trains.

So I save on parking RM8, 2 Toll Booths a day about RM3.50, 1 week petrol about RM60.
Total spent a month. Petrol about RM300, parking RM96, Toll - RM77. Sooner or later toll and parking gonna increase as well.

Most important is that I get to save RM200+ on petrol. Maybe pump petrol twice a month.

Like Ixeo said, thought of getting a bike license and ride a bike but I treasure my life too much to take the risk.
Rather take the train and cramp a little.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Problem with public transport, some areas are not covered. Say Puchong for example, other than bus, there's no rail service at the moment. Plus the floods, lol.

And more importantly, people seem to forget that Malaysia is NOT limited to KL & Klang Valley. Ipoh, Johor, Penang is also part of Malaysia, I do not think they have any rail service and they rely on cars and bikes. Government seem to forget when they open their big mouth and say "take public transport".

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Problem with public transport, some areas are not covered. Say Puchong for example, other than bus, there's no rail service at the moment. Plus the floods, lol.

And more importantly, people seem to forget that Malaysia is NOT limited to KL & Klang Valley. Ipoh, Johor, Penang is also part of Malaysia, I do not think they have any rail service and they rely on cars and bikes. Government seem to forget when they open their big mouth and say "take public transport".
In 50 years time, I don't think we can even achieve what Japan and US had now.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya mine is not walking distance as well, i have to drive to the train station. Well, at least I'm glad Kita Takkan Maju already maju than before. At least train not so cramp and is on time for the moment.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help! there was some stupid construction going on nearby, and the road was filled with watery cement, so now my fenders and some of my bumper has cement stains on them..

how to remove!? scratch it off slowly?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience