need some recommendation&advice

woodykids

Known Member
Jun 7, 2005
cheras
compare with this 2 pic, air filter with pipping better or without pipping better? and what kind of air filter suit for H22 engine? currently using hks mushroom, fought out that very dirty and underpower

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
I'd stick to the air ram leading to the filter being behind the batery. The good thing about this is the batery acts like a CAI / heat shield from the exhaust extractors. Similar to EF's also.. :biggrin: :tongue:

as for the air filter itself, i've read in a mag that the HKS mushroom is better suited for turbos, but the best for turbo is the blitz steel filter thingy (forgot name). For NA, the mag i read recommends Apexi... :wink:

vtecer

Jul 28, 2005
Puchong
I am on H22A as well. A few of my friends have used HKS. The downside if it is that the element get harden after time period due to engine tempreture. I am using K&N. Compare to what are being offer in the market at the moment, it is quite conservative. But I am satisfied with it performance. The filteration is clean. It is important when you are using super flows filter. Maintenance also very easy. Clean, dry, oil and install back. You are ready to go. I am not saying that other products is not good. They are good too. But, becareful with what you choose. - Adios. ;)

vtecer

Jul 28, 2005
Puchong
woodykids said:
compare with this 2 pic, air filter with pipping better or without pipping better? and what kind of air filter suit for H22 engine? currently using hks mushroom, fought out that very dirty and underpower

If you don't mine, where did you get the steel pipe from? I am interested.;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

People, as a reference point, kindly list down urself & what was taken from your car so that everyone here can refer to it for future security.

I'll go first:

1. polyxtroy

What's taken:
SAFC 2, Apexi pen timer, HKS EL Boost & Temp, HU, All 4 speakers & amp, rims, spare tyre, & etc.. (little things I don care bout)

& Following is the list:

1. POLYXTROY
2. JINEIL2EN
3. RoryTate
4. Grimster- safc and pioneer mp3 cd player...USJ sad.gif in front of hse
5. Crash - RM10K Fujitsu notebook...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience