Need Sifus help on Upgrades for my Gsr

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Sifus,

I recently upgraded to stainless steel piping/walbro fuel pump however my actuator kong twice resulting over boost.Recently my con rod bengkok and piston damaged.

I am planning to upgrade to a tial original wastegate/banana 2mm and tomei fuel regulator.

Maintaining the turbine at td04.

Need your advise if this can permanently fix my overboost issues and if it does, is this enough for me to boost at 1bar w/out any problems.

Thanks

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Sifus,

I recently upgraded to stainless steel piping/walbro fuel pump however my actuator kong twice resulting over boost.Recently my con rod bengkok and piston damaged.

I am planning to upgrade to a tial original wastegate/banana 2mm and tomei fuel regulator.

Maintaining the turbine at td04.

Need your advise if this can permanently fix my overboost issues and if it does, is this enough for me to boost at 1bar w/out any problems.

Thanks
if i was u, i will stick to the stock manifold ported nicely for better flow , the stainless steel for a td04 flange would be a waste

plug the wastegate at the o2 housing and not the manifold
like these

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bro thank you for replying..

Could you explain further 'i will stick to the stock manifold ported nicely for better flow' meaning to say u are suggesting not to fix the banana 2mm is it?

'plug the wastegate at the o2 housing and not the manifold
like these'...would the foreman know if i told him this?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
for a td04, fitting the wastegate dat way is better for zorst flow, and wont be as laggy as when u fit it on the zorst manifold/banana. plus, the std zorst manifold is good enough to take on the td04 at full boost, so an upgrade isnt really necessary, according to jinkl. iam with him in this subject matter sir

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Aiittt bro..

so meaning to say just the wastegate and the fuel regulator would be good enough?

How much could i boost with these upgrades, prioe to this i have installed metal gasket/walbro fuel pump and stainless steel piping..

whats the max i can boost and is it considered safe to boost in this high?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
1.2bar shud be fine imo, the engine/turbine can handle more, but needs different setup

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
I also need an advise on the wastegate size that i should get as currently my turbo is lagging very badly and this occured after changing the stainless steel piping...

Please also advise how much would it cost to fix the wastegate,any suggestions on where i can send the car for the installation?

Appreciate ur help,thanks guys....

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
no doubt its emanage , wastegate , fuel regulator,
the banana doesnt cause much effect to increase power or spool for a td04 or even a td05 , and the 2mm banana will crack in time no doubtly, believe me , i have been there :):) , get a good regulator if can buy original

the lag could be because of intercooler piping thts too big and also could be there your actuator is not closed properly, causing premature opening tht will lead to huge lag

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bro i just saw ur reply..i got the original wastegate tial 38mm with tomei fuel regulator rm940 overall...is it a good buy?

Bought it from andy-rev performance..he differentiated the ori/replica and the diff was ori had 2 inlets and the replica had only 1
Correct me if i am wrong....

Thanks

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Bro i just saw ur reply..i got the original wastegate tial 38mm with tomei fuel regulator rm940 overall...is it a good buy?

Bought it from andy-rev performance..he differentiated the ori/replica and the diff was ori had 2 inlets and the replica had only 1
Correct me if i am wrong....

Thanks
sir, dont u think asking about this after u pruchased the items is a tad too late? shudnt u be asking these questions before paying for them?

i prefer the internal original wastegate btw:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Izit possible to wrap those thing back with a black PVC? It's a pvc originally right?
I saw those car at car show..that wrapped with tiger skin pvc la ..etc.. so it can be done right?

But when I go by to ask those cushion shop they told me if re-wrap the thing it will
come out after a certain period. It's not advisable?

My door panel have bubble when it's too hot. Its annoying...like whole car kena chicken pork.... any sifu here can help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience