Need Sifus help on Upgrades for my Gsr

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
sir, dont u think asking about this after u pruchased the items is a tad too late? shudnt u be asking these questions before paying for them?

i prefer the internal original wastegate btw:hmmmm:

Bro,as mentioned i only got the reply after i bough it but of course i did some research before purchasing the items.

internal ori wastegate, from what i know it works similar to the actuator so its kinda unreliable as it can kong easily..correct me if im wrong..:hmmmm:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
similar to the actuator? no no no, the actuator is there to receive mechanical signal from the the compressor housing and control the opening of the internal wastegate, the actuator and wastegate is a system by themselves fyi. i prefer the internal one because it creates less lagg compared to an external unit. people goes for the external wastegate when they have boost spike issue dat cannot be controlled, which i had in the past, but ive been able to rectify dat even with the internal gate

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
similar to the actuator? no no no, the actuator is there to receive mechanical signal from the the compressor housing and control the opening of the internal wastegate, the actuator and wastegate is a system by themselves fyi. i prefer the internal one because it creates less lagg compared to an external unit. people goes for the external wastegate when they have boost spike issue dat cannot be controlled, which i had in the past, but ive been able to rectify dat even with the internal gate
Boost Spike---yes bro that is the word....I am going through that now...:banghead:
Overhauled my car twice ady coz conrod kong......changed 2 actuators but no point...:mad:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
was the wastegate jammed closed? or was it the actuator's fault? if it had happened twice, one shud be able to identify the problem imo..

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
was the wastegate jammed closed? or was it the actuator's fault? if it had happened twice, one shud be able to identify the problem imo..

I believe it was the actuator being faulty according to the foreman...:idea:

Hopefully this problem would be ok once i have installed the ext wastegate....:driver:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
EVOMIVEC : the picture u r seeing is indeed a evo one laaa

vishnu : i guess u got the 38mm wastegate, so i guess if u get the 38mm also , do a small intlet and outlet pipe , cos 38mm is kinda overkill for a td04 , the actuator original flap is much much smaller than this.

a small example , u use a small straw and u blow air out, little air goes out although your mouth is the same size
now user a big straw , blow air out, lot of air goes out

thts the diffrence between the big n small wastegate, a big wastegate will let more exhaust air out, if its too big, it might cause boost drop n also lag, bt 38mm should be ok with a td04, just make the pipes smaller

E-V-O-M-I-V-E-C

Known Member
Jun 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

vishnu : i guess u got the 38mm wastegate, so i guess if u get the 38mm also , do a small intlet and outlet pipe , cos 38mm is kinda overkill for a td04 , the actuator original flap is much much smaller than this.

a small example , u use a small straw and u blow air out, little air goes out although your mouth is the same size

thts the diffrence between the big n small wastegate, a big wastegate will let more exhaust air out, if its too big, it might cause boost drop n also lag, bt 38mm should be ok with a td04, just make the pipes smaller
Thanks you so much !!! :D
gonna do one soon..so i jz weld the pin to open right?

vishnuruben

From Facebook
Sep 25, 2010
www.facebook.com

Bro i msgd u on FB.....Thank you for explaining ...=) can we get this fixed this wed?.....

wongsengming

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
if i was u, i will stick to the stock manifold ported nicely for better flow , the stainless steel for a td04 flange would be a waste

plug the wastegate at the o2 housing and not the manifold
like these

port it out, remove the flapper goodbye :D
simply awesome~! can i just use original GSR TD04L to do so? the downpipe with wastegate, and port it out remove the flapper

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What’s the deal?

BMW Malaysia has rolled out their latest addition to the F30 3-Series fleet, the 330e hybrid at BMW Innovation Days Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur today.

Equipped with a state-of-the-art electric motor working harmoniously with BMW's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience