Need Opinion: Evo3 vs TT

GABRiEL sYLaR

Apr 2, 2008
Shah Alam
Hello guys, I need some opinion from u all which have more expertise in turbossss..
FYI: I have owned a Perdana V6 (A) 2001 and has used it for two years...and now I am seriously considering to change the engine for a better performance and at the same time reliable with money consumption for the future used such as oil consumption and maintanance...either to change with TT engine or better to try EVO 3 engine.Which one is better???:confused: Could you all tell me the reasonable cost estimation for that...How much normally for TT engine and also for EVO 3 engine???http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/confused.gif

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if technically speaking, a well tuned l4 turbo can out perform v6 turbo of same displacement, in a 400m. coz l4 has less moving parts. on the other hand, v6 turbo has smoother power transfer and more comfortable, and long distance it wins in topspeed. this is what my dragracing frens shared with me :)

Last edited:

GABRiEL sYLaR

Apr 2, 2008
Shah Alam
Thanks tigger5251...but i donot really understand at all..(lack of knowledge)..wat is l4??hehe..so which one is the most suitable??how much the ovwreall reasonable cost??

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
evo is the better coz..

1.much more reliable
2.parts easily sourced
3.inline 4 cylinder design,less parts...less hassle
4.a lot of power upgrade part

but if urs is already v6...v6tt should fit more easily...if the old perdana which has 4g63 single cam..then evo is a much more suitable engine

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
gabriel...yes bro...rm15 more than enuff...

not neccessary evo much more better than v6tt..
there are pros & cons...
1. evo - parts easily sourced, but halfcut items are higher compared to v6tt, cos u gotta
rush with owners with satria, wira, putra that convert evo engines, where else v6tt only used by perdana owners.

it also depends whether are u gonna mod your engine or just keep it std with minor mods?

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
gabriel...yes bro...rm15 more than enuff...

not neccessary evo much more better than v6tt..
there are pros & cons...
1. evo - parts easily sourced, but halfcut items are higher compared to v6tt, cos u gotta
rush with owners with satria, wira, putra that convert evo engines, where else v6tt only used by perdana owners.

it also depends whether are u gonna mod your engine or just keep it std with minor mods?
yup..fully agreed..v6tt pasrts also not so much expensive..like water pump, plugs n belting..cheap-cheap oni. summore we change every 80,000km oni what...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wat for rush wit those wira o satria? they cant fit in 2.0 no more coz jpj wont allow it..
and v6tt also can be put into wira

so if keep std run mayb v6 should be nicer since it runs smoother,emits groin tingling sound

mod wise evo much better...if wan put forged piston also u need 6..high cam u need 4(for v6) and not much ppl wan to run twin also

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I always come to zth these days and find for info or to anwser question.
But there are several question these days that already has the threads created long before. Anwsers were already there but then new threads were popd out.
Here the long lost threads that are held at the back of the pages

How fast is ur 0-100
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=425

Making a 4g91 Mivec
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=4230

JPJ Disturbance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience