Need opinion: Trade caldina GT4 for Fd2r @ Golf Gti

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
no offence guys , caldina is a great car@wagon, love the 3s engine, the boot space, the looks, ... but recently i've been run over by a fd2r, and the sound of the engine, wooww... i miss those high revving vtec engine (i used to own a b16a)... the look is a thing i can live with it...

Next is the golf gti, previously it was a rare species, this year on my way back to east coast, first 1, then 2 then 3... didn't like the look at the first time, but now, maybe ichy hand syndrome... do no laa guys... but the wife prefer the german than the japanese..

*as they say... the grass look greaner on the other side...

-- Open for discussion --

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
i hv to agree with ur wife..the VW is way more exclusive than the fd2r..
sometimes we do miss our ex-ride that made us looked as cool as the fast & furious..but the era had ended and u already hv a family..luxury is the way to go..

drexxza

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
Visit site
hahaha..middle age crisis here..
just joking harith..

1st, nice ride u have there currently.. as for my own opinion.. no offense for all caldinian owner out there.. for me myself caldina is not a rite ride for those who hunger for tork and speed (jiwa kacau troops)compared to others FI car/wagon (eg: forester,airtrek,Evo's etc).. the strong point of this ride is only the looks..and of cos it is one of chick magnet....hehehe.. sorrii guys just joking again...that is why if u upgrading ur car never sold off ur keter perang..just for in this cases..hehehehe..

for me both car u are comparing have its own league..

FdR one of Japan high end performance car.

GolfGTi one of Euro high end performance car..

so..it is up to u..
make a list of cmparison..
starting from price and so on..

for me myself..i will also go for GTi..
but the price is damm high which reach more then 2++k..
but FDr is much more cheapper compared to GTi..hehehehe..
never ride it before..but form the review world wide it quite impress me..

gud luck for ur new ride..

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Well Harith for a ~RM200K i would go for the GTi rather than the FD2R...esp u got a family now, its better to go luxury than sporty...

drexxza,

Im not a Caldina owner but if you are talking about the GT4 version then its a strong competitor to the Forster....im sure a 260PS & 33.0 kg*m of performance and torque respectively are impressiveof what can we expect from a wagon :), i don't think the examples given makes a good point of comparison....i mean forster, airtrek and evo those are totally from different categories, wagon, mini SUV and a rally spec car....

My 2 cents

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hi guys... sorry for the late reply & thanks for all the reply...
first, between caldina, forester, airtrek (all wagon)... caldina (GT4) is a beauty , but can resist the boxer from forester (with manual)... airtrek is not a pretty car ... performance wise, all have 4wd (awd) , all are 2.0 with turbo...

do i feel old... yes...
how old i am... late 20s...

mid life crisis... maybe, but that happen when i sold of my ek... now its of more of ichy hand syndrome (hahaha) ...

from reviews.. fd2r can be a little hard on ride & handling (which is not good for the wife & baby) ... gti is more of comfort than performance... i can say a fd2r is 80% performance + 20% comfort , while the gti is 55% performance + 45%comfort... mind you the gti is 4wd...

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

*** UPDATE ***

Golf GTi - 3 votes

Civic FD2R - 0 vote

drexxza

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
Visit site
Well Harith for a ~RM200K i would go for the GTi rather than the FD2R...esp u got a family now, its better to go luxury than sporty...

drexxza,

Im not a Caldina owner but if you are talking about the GT4 version then its a strong competitor to the Forster....im sure a 260PS & 33.0 kg*m of performance and torque respectively are impressiveof what can we expect from a wagon :), i don't think the examples given makes a good point of comparison....i mean forster, airtrek and evo those are totally from different categories, wagon, mini SUV and a rally spec car....

My 2 cents
that's why i say, wagon is not a ride for those horsie hunger guys..:biggrin:

harith..could i include one more in ur wish list..

325i maybe..6 cylinder in-line..:biggrin::biggrin:

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
who say Caldina no 'chick magnet'? no 'tork n speed'? cause i can feel and real it on both...

Caldina is a powerful machine...(and chick magnet too..):thefinger::thefinger:

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
go and test the car.see which car u like

for me

i will vote for fd2r

tested all the car

the fd2r low end response so good,with 6 speed close ratio box.hit the redline in blink of eye

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
hi guys... sorry for the late reply & thanks for all the reply...
first, between caldina, forester, airtrek (all wagon)... caldina (GT4) is a beauty , but can resist the boxer from forester (with manual)... airtrek is not a pretty car ... performance wise, all have 4wd (awd) , all are 2.0 with turbo...

do i feel old... yes...
how old i am... late 20s...

mid life crisis... maybe, but that happen when i sold of my ek... now its of more of ichy hand syndrome (hahaha) ...

from reviews.. fd2r can be a little hard on ride & handling (which is not good for the wife & baby) ... gti is more of comfort than performance... i can say a fd2r is 80% performance + 20% comfort , while the gti is 55% performance + 45%comfort... mind you the gti is 4wd...

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

*** UPDATE ***

Golf GTi - 3 votes

Civic FD2R - 0 vote
bro why dont u start a poll instead hahaha :biggrin:

drexxza

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
Pahang
Visit site
hahaha..the Ts still wondering which one to chose thats why he didnt poll for himself instead...

*seems like caldinian are start hating me here...hehehehe...

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
harith..could i include one more in ur wish list..

325i maybe..6 cylinder in-line..:biggrin::biggrin:
3 series... later they say me business man ler... i'm just a engineer...dont want ler...

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

hahaha..the Ts still wondering which one to chose thats why he didnt poll for himself instead...

*seems like caldinian are start hating me here...hehehehe...
don't worry... caldinian very nice person...

*** UPDATE ***

Golf GTi - 3 votes

Civic FD2R - 2 votes

Caldina - 1 vote (hahaha...not me)

cajun

Known Member
Dec 2, 2008
I did face the same prob before.. considering between rm200k cars.. finally, i ended with FD2R.. u won't regret it.. :top: for GTi, i had some people told me, "why u wanna buy a 200k satria?" which is quite true.. the space is actually smaller than FD2R..

Yes the suspension are built for tracks, i'm married with 1 year old child and still, it's not that bad..

However, the bad news is, Honda Malaysia are not bringing in any unit for the rest of this year.. Maybe next year but no showroom can confirm on the delivery date.. U might have to wait up to 6 months for the next batch to arrive in Malaysia..

Hope this helps..

And did u really got smoked by a FD2R on your GT4?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

New poll is;

*** UPDATE ***

Golf GTi - 3 votes

Civic FD2R - 3 votes :wink:

Caldina - 1 vote

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I did face the same prob before.. considering between rm200k cars.. finally, i ended with FD2R.. u won't regret it.. :top: for GTi, i had some people told me, "why u wanna buy a 200k satria?" which is quite true.. the space is actually smaller than FD2R..

Yes the suspension are built for tracks, i'm married with 1 year old child and still, it's not that bad..

However, the bad news is, Honda Malaysia are not bringing in any unit for the rest of this year.. Maybe next year but no showroom can confirm on the delivery date.. U might have to wait up to 6 months for the next batch to arrive in Malaysia..

Hope this helps..

And did u really got smoked by a FD2R on your GT4?

what car u use before changing to fd2r? did the wife complain bout the stiff suspension? or the loud exhaust? or the constance boy racer 'cucuk behind' you, asking to be smoked?

i was cruzing along ELITE, when suddenly this white fd2r zoom pass me, and i was shock with the sound of high revving vtec, try to gave a chase but cannot, have to exit at Shah Alam...

cajun

Known Member
Dec 2, 2008
what car u use before changing to fd2r? did the wife complain bout the stiff suspension? or the loud exhaust? or the constance boy racer 'cucuk behind' you, asking to be smoked?

i was cruzing along ELITE, when suddenly this white fd2r zoom pass me, and i was shock with the sound of high revving vtec, try to gave a chase but cannot, have to exit at Shah Alam...
I used to own a normal FD2 before.. got sick being smoked by others.. :banghead: thats why i opted FD2R..

Actually my wife told me that the suspension is not that horrible as stated by many.. & the sound coming from the exhaust is not that loud if u remains as stock.. As for cars who "cucuk" me..... well.... it depends.... hehehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You have probably heard this story before about BMW working on a M-badged variant of the 1-Series. In fact it's been going on for years, we've seen spy shots and videos alleging to be that of the M-badged 1-Series, but nothing has been official, till now.

In an interview with German webzine "Auto-News", BMW M GmbH's Managing Director Dr. Kay Segler for the first time officially acknowledged the Bavarian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience