Need help with sratches.

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Some !d!ot too much time to waste F***ers really had too much time to waste and come vandalize my car. Now it's got 2 scratchs one at the rear left hand side and one at the rear hatch. The scratch is about 1mm deep and it's a waste to send it for respray because i just sprayed it 2months ago. Anyone got any recommendation how to cover up the scratches ?

Also a warning, those who park at TPM please becareful. I just parked for 1 hour already kena d.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
how do you measure the 'deep-ness' of the scratch ? Or you are referring to the 'length' of the scratch ?

Can u feel it with finger nail ? If yes i am sorry to tell you it mostly has bypass your clearcoat or premier (paint)..

No fix for it unless you touch it up back with some paint which not going to look good...

Best u couple post some close up photos...

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
mm as in deepness. Not very obvious but still a heartache to see a scratch there.
I'll try to find a better camera to take the pic of the scratch because my low quality handphone camera can't really capture the scratch nicely.
After cleaning the surface i can still see while color so i think not yet pass the base coat. Hopefully someone know any polish or any chemical which can help me. Btw, my color is white, the same paint as the white for Nissan Livina.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
hmm...i think with pic would able to tell better story.

Where do u stay btw ? I think if not deep any polisher would able to remove/lighten it easily...

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
First of all, if the scratch catches your finger nails, chances are it requires aggressive compounding/polishing or even sanding.

If your car color is white, it's a little difficult to gauge. Just think of it this way, if it's another colored and the scratch is whitish, chances are it's only the clear coat that's damaged and it *could* still be minimize by sanding/compounding/polishing. If you can see the color at the deepest part, chances are it has gone through the clear coat to the color coat or even the base coat. If that's the case, you'd need to send it to a bodyshop/spray shop.

Regards.

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
hmm...i think with pic would able to tell better story.

Where do u stay btw ? I think if not deep any polisher would able to remove/lighten it easily...
Still don't have a ok camera to take the pics, phone camera cant snap the scratch nicely(PLus my car quite dirty too:itsme:)

My car was the victim when I park at technology park, just beside bkt jalil.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Still don't have a ok camera to take the pics, phone camera cant snap the scratch nicely(PLus my car quite dirty too:itsme:)

My car was the victim when I park at technology park, just beside bkt jalil.
r u APIIT student ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Folks i would like to know ig anyone has/have install this intake before in thier 1.8 mivec setup...hows the performance n respond type...

im considering between skunk2/performer X or Victor X
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience